Katarina item builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fireflat

04-28-2011

What would be a good item build for katarina? I am new to her and i only used boots of swiftness and lichs bane, but im looking for some good ideas for her

HotsauceShoTYME

04-28-2011

Dorans shield
Sorceress boots
Hextech gunblade
Rylai's

That order.

PortugalTheMana

04-28-2011

dorans shield
sorceress boots
mejas
belt
ap cap
finish rylias

that order.

the rest is situational and standing in game at this point affects ideal items... item i have got...
FON
Warmogs
hoursglass
banshees
abysmall scepter
or void staff

Fireflat

05-04-2011

ineteresting thank guys for your help!

Domitan

05-04-2011

Protip #1: Mejai's isn't good on Kat

Protip #2: Rylai's is.

FckMan

Recruiter

05-04-2011

rofl hextech gunblade before rylai's?

mejai's is good. i play her in rank when i pick 4th or 5th and when she's viable due to enemy team composition making it happen, mejai's is most likely what ill rush. i start off with boots and 3 health pots. then giant belt, then hextech revolver and finish rylai's. and everytime in between buy red elixir. my runes/masteries put me at 20.22% cooldowns. i dont need defense because after all i have items for that and i dont make myself vulnerable too much except getting into the fray with ult. once you kill an enemy, another one should be low in health, blade, shunpo, kill, shunpo is up again. so you either have an escape or another chance to attack.

dont pick her in rank when you cant see who the enemy characters are yet, doesnt work like that.

Jogan22

05-04-2011

Core:
Sorcerors Shoes (don't buy Swiftness Boots - take Ghost instead)
Rylai's
Deathcap

Afterwards/situational:
Banshee's Veil
Hextech Gunblade
Void Staff
Abyssal Sceptar

Never go pure AD because the Deathcap is so awesome. Only get snowball items like Mejai's or SotO if the other team has few or no interupts and it's easier to dominate. If you do so, conisder getting a G. Angel to protect your stacks.