Jungle Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epsilon2012

04-28-2011

-I know it's "possible"...and I don't own any good junglers, so how do I do it before I can buy a jungler?

sgdfhdfihj

04-28-2011

Do you already have runes? I don't play Jax but I believe runes would help him a lot, especially because he is quite squishy.

Epsilon2012

04-28-2011

Level 15 FTW!!!

........no, I don't

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdfhdfihj View Post
Do you already have runes? I don't play Jax but I believe runes would help him a lot, especially because he is quite squishy.
Jax isnt squishy, especially at higher lvls. With my runes and masteries I start with about 670 HP (including dorans though you wouldnt get this jungling). He is a monster killer. Can easily solo dragon at quite a low lvl. Typically, in TT anyway, you want to push your lane, then jungle (or gank), then push, then jungle rather than the typical last hitting till gank phase that you'd have in SR. (Jax is a TT champ, no wait... He is THE champ)

paynee89

04-29-2011

i use armour yellows (altho i now have 4 dodge yellows as they are better for him), magic/arpen reds (depending on team comp), ability power blues and ability power quints (both flat); 0/21/9 masteries and lvl e at lvl 1

at lvl 15 you will struggle to jungle jax - i'd advise you not buying runes until lvl 20 as then you get the good ones, until then jus save ip cos they cost alot...

M2Cipher

04-29-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=702761

In this guide, you use these runes you can jungle very fast with him.. You can go any masteries. Just make sure tos start with cloth armour and pots enjoy. Post on the guide if you have any questions.

Aynia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Jax is a REALLY poor choice. Even under ideal conditions with proper runes, Jax is far too reliant on RNG. He can actually die at certain camps (Blue, wraiths or red) without any procs.

The Bronugget

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynia View Post
Jax is a REALLY poor choice. Even under ideal conditions with proper runes, Jax is far too reliant on RNG. He can actually die at certain camps (Blue, wraiths or red) without any procs.
I tried jungle Jax quite a few times with runes before they buffed jungle, but I didn't buy those dodge seals because I felt like they're somewhat limited compared to armor seals. With dodge seals, it could probably be done but is still reliant on that dodge and if I recall properly for Blue, it's like 2 stun procs? So it could probably be done with a good leash.

Like the above person stated, he isn't the best jungler though because of that much dependence on the RNG and even more so if the enemy had a counter jungler. I like Jax too.. =/

sgdfhdfihj

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandraxhair View Post
Jax isnt squishy, especially at higher lvls. With my runes and masteries I start with about 670 HP (including dorans though you wouldnt get this jungling). He is a monster killer. Can easily solo dragon at quite a low lvl. Typically, in TT anyway, you want to push your lane, then jungle (or gank), then push, then jungle rather than the typical last hitting till gank phase that you'd have in SR. (Jax is a TT champ, no wait... He is THE champ)
He is quite squishy imo (especially without runes, which was my point. So it's nice that you have runes but I was talking about a runeless Jax who wanted to lane in 5v5 games.) He's always really fun to poke at, harass and starve of gold since I play ranged champs lol. Not squishy like olaf, but still really easy to deny/harass.

I'm not saying he's a really weak champ, but he is easy to harass before mid game, and I don't think a Jax without much gold does too well.

I agree, at higher levels he is much more sturdy.

OnlyBotLane

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdfhdfihj View Post
He is quite squishy imo (especially without runes, which was my point. So it's nice that you have runes but I was talking about a runeless Jax who wanted to lane in 5v5 games.) He's always really fun to poke at, harass and starve of gold since I play ranged champs lol. Not squishy like olaf, but still really easy to deny/harass.

I'm not saying he's a really weak champ, but he is easy to harass before mid game, and I don't think a Jax without much gold does too well.

I agree, at higher levels he is much more sturdy.
Have you ever played Jax?

1. I don't have HP runes. The only health bonus I get is 3 times the AD runes I have from his passive. He has 423 HP at lvl. Add the HP he gets from his passive and he has even more (I would tell you the exact amount but I can't log in. For some reason I have to patch again). Then if you bought a Dorans Blade you get another 100 HP plus 30 from his passive. (I believe Jax has at least 600 HP at lvl 1 without any runes if you buy Dorans Blade. Squishy?)

2. Jax can beat most ranged opponents (excluding ashe) after he hits lvl 2 if you play him right. It's tanky casters like nunu he has trouble with.