[GUIDE] Rammus the Armordillo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TKana

03-17-2010

@Xocolatl: Yup, its in live aswell at the moment. Quite an upgrade. I havent tried Rammus this patch yet (veigar bug is pissing me off), but it seems like it's gonna be a massive upgrade. I've been doing some numbers in my head and it seems grabbing DBC 3 times before level 6 might be a good choice damage wise. That being said, i dont make my Rammus as a killer, but as an assister. I make sure people cant get away, so im probably gonna stick with 1-2-2-1 at level 6, or my usual 1-1-3-1. Still need to test it though.

Im very likely to completly remove Ninja Tabi out of my gear list if the team has more then 1 stun now though.

Just to confirm btw, DBC adds damage from armor and adds AP from MR.

@Jolope:

Leviathan
+180 Health UNIQUE Passive: Your champion gains 32 health per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion takes 15% less damage.

Some math : 180 + (32*20)= 820 HP at the price of 1275g. This is when maxed out, if you even max it out.

I'm not sure actually, even in the 'imba' time of Leviathan, i tried it but with very little succes. You miight get stacks easier, but it still takes a hell of a time to get any decent number of stacks on it, not to mention it will have 0 stacks when you actually buy it (which in return means you wasted 800g for 0 survivability). On the other hand, 800g is only 300 g away from a Giants Belt, which adds a static 430HP. Combined with the 180HP on the Ruby Crystal is a total of 610 HP. This is obviously 210 HP less Leviathan with full stacks, but will have the HP ready and wont need any charging up. And they can be combined into a Warmong, which in return adds more HP (after a few minion kills) and adds regeneration. Again, no charging or better said, no charges lost on death.

I guess it depends on how your team's early game is going, and how you forsee your mid game going. If you are having a clear upper hand, i can definately advise grabbing it, but if things are going equal or worse, its a bad investment.

EDIT: added the line 'DBC adds damage from armor and adds AP from MR.' to the main post's Tips&Tricks.

wildfire393

03-17-2010

I don't know where you get that 25% of Rammus's MR is added to his AP. It'd be an interesting twist on his passive, but as far as I know it does not actually exist.

Maybe you are confusing the fact that the reflected damage has a .25 AP ratio?

TKana

03-17-2010

@Wildfire393: There have been several posts confirming it, but this change has been reverted. For more info, i present you this link : http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=75930

For the Lazy people:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilias
We reverted it because it wasn't quite ready. We want to look at it some more and make a few adjustments most likely.

Encomium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

I'm sorry but I definitely find some things here problematic. For example, your build costs 15k gold, are you serious? I find that my mean gold per game as Rammus is about 10k, and I got a better build for farming than yours. How many creeps are you killing per game? How long do your games last?

I put up some thoughts about Rammus yesterday -

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=75822

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Hmm..I should start checking how much gold I end up with.
I usually end up with similar items to TKana's build, and I always have very low minion kills. (I never break 100 minion kills, ever..even in a 1 hour game).
I usually get my kills from assists and kills. By the end of ganking phase, I usually get 3 to 5 kills (not counting assists). I generally end with a 7-10/x/15+. Most people don't know how to deal with Rammus, and since the metagame loves DPSers..well.. gg impaling yourself on my thorns, sucka!

I have to add that my build usually prioritize mana over TKana, so I can alternate Powerball with DBC to farm. I get at least 4 minions per group mid to late game if I care to farm, so I can get a ton of gold if I want to near the end.

TKana

03-17-2010

@Encomium: Ive checked out your thread and it seem you play Rammus for damage, which is something i dont do. I personally think Sunfire Cape is one of the worst investments ingame, and i doubt i'll ever buy a Guise (on Rammus atleast). I do agree with you Magic Penetration and Cooldown Reduction are good stats, but you overrate them a bit. I just grab a Golem buff for 25% cooldown reduction.

Like Xocolatl said, im at about 80-120 creeps per game, but as he said, im getting my money by killing champions. Game are lasting (on average) about 35-45 mins, unless some one surrenders.

And about Thornmail (saw you edited that question out), its by far one of the best item on Rammus if you are facing 2 or more physical characters. I can taunt one of them and they kill themselves by the time taunt has finished.

Should a game last an hour, ill have most of my gear in the gear list, so i dont see any problem with it. Most games, i dont ever get that far. Either we won, or we lost.

Encomium

03-17-2010

Yeah I edited that question out because i noticed that you said you don't get it unless you're fighting '2 or more physical characters' which was what I'm getting at :>

But yeah I'm agreesing with the Sunfire Cape thing, but I would just rather see golem buff on someone else in my team which is why I try to get my CDR from other sources

TKana

03-17-2010

The point is you should gear based on whom you are facing. Lots of casters, get MR. Lots of physical, get armor. Lots of stuns, get Mercs + Banshee's. There is no golden path, only an end result. how you get there is based on how fast you gain gold and who you face.

TKana

03-17-2010

Another thing about Thornmail on Rammus, which i'd like you to look at:

It costs:
Chain Vest (700) 45 armor
Cloth Armor (300) 18 armor
Recipe (1000)

And gives:
100 Armor (worth 1555g, based on Chain vest)
25 damage (975g, based on Pickaxe)
Passive damage return (which i value at 500 per physical carry)

That means you get an item worth 3-5k, for a measily 2k. Very good investment.

Xocolatl

03-18-2010

Just finished a very bad personal game. 25 min in, 5200+G. 2 kills, 4 assists. (Soloing down Mundo and Twitch at the same time rocks). Quite a bit of it came from WW downing dragons for us. No HoG used, since our nice nukers (Zil and Gank) were too scared to be in the same lane as Twitch--I had to solo Twitch and Mundo as a tank. Not fun, I'll tell you that. I also had to buy wards for every lane (they had Twitch, Eve and Teemo). Would've gotten way more G if our Gankplank and Zil wasn't so brain dead. I think I set up perfect ganks many times, and they just stood around hugging the tower from an entire screen away.

The only thing that this guide is not doing for me is improving my teammates T-T

ps. An awesome way to annoy any champ if you have a lot of mana is to go into powerball, then dance around. They can't catch you, and you can flank and gank them easily. Also, they probably don't want to catch you, since they'd be the one getting hurt.