Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

karth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twiztidonfire

03-05-2010

can ne one give me some builds to try for karth and how to build more for my ratio on my ult

Voidgolem

03-05-2010

Doran's ring
Boots
Soulstealer
????
Ult.
Profit.

Based on watching Karthus' play. I've never used him myself >.>

Gearskull

03-05-2010

I love playing karthus, and I find that i do pretty well!

1.) Doran's ring+Hp pot
2.) Boots 1
3.) Soulstealer
4.) Boots 1 -> Sorc Shoes
5.)Rod of Ages
6.)Tear of the Godess
7.)Abyssal Scepter/Ryalis Scepter (MR, Spell pen VS. HP and CC)
8.)Tear -> Archangel Staff
9.)Zoya!

With this build it is important to,

a.) get kills early to build soulstealer
b.) not die to keep those stacks
c.) solo middle lane

I think that karthus benifites from solo mid more than most heros, as the level advantage is HUGE for him. It adds alot of survivablity and having his ult early will make you lol. If they stack MR you may consider changing this build by adding a void staff or something. If you want to make your ult do lots of damage, I would go with AP over MP with a decently stacked mejai, even without your zoyaz your ult can halve squishy hero's health bars (if they go glass cannon and don't get much MR) and I've gotten it to like 1k damage plenty of times. I think it stacks well with AP? Even if they get like a basic MR item (chalice ect.) i have flat MP runes in red so i get like 30ish MP /w only boots.

You need plenty of cash, but if you do it right you will get lots of kills, and you can farm whole minion waves easy /w defile. Key is really domniate mid lane, getting good /w lay waste is deadly, and i usally skill up like

Q
E
Q
E
E
R
W
max E, Max Q

If you dont use defile untill its like lvl 3, ppl dont realize how deadly it is, and can really get you kills early on.

There's more but I'm kinda typed out :P

Enjoy, hope it helps!

xahhfink6

03-05-2010

Eh... I'm not a fan of RoA on Karthus, as it is rather expensive and he has two other items (tear of goddess and mejais) that he needs to rush before it... Also abyssal is kinda pointless when you arent in range... the new Void staff is so much better on karthus

I like
Dorans Ring
Mejais
Sorc Boots
Tear of Goddess
Void Staff
->Archangels Staff
Rylais/Zhonya's

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-05-2010

getting items on karthus is hella easy

refer to the guild i wrote.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=495674#post495674

Veraticus

03-05-2010

I've had a lot of success at Karthus. He's probably my favorite caster -- the ability to reach out and kill runners, or help a team fight all the way across the map, provides him with quite a lot of utility. Also he can be one of the safest casters to start snowballing with. Mejai's is always great on him and you need it early.

He has some clear downsides though. Underlevelled or undergeared he is perhaps the most worthless caster. Karthus only brings damage to the table. He needs levels and items to be good at his job. If you can't farm minions like a maniac, and place Lay Waste like a sniper pro, then you won't do well with him. Also If your team has no CC at all, then your life will be very hard. I would choose Fiddle over Karthus if your team lacks control. But if you are flush with stunners, Karthus is great.

And only choose Karthus if your map awareness is excellent. Throughout the game you need to constantly be on the lookout for kills to score with Fallen One. You must check up on the enemies constantly and be ready to start Fallen One at a moment's notice. Obviously do not start channeling it near anyone with a stun. Fallen One should never be off cooldown for more than a minute or two -- if it is, your team has serious DPS problems.

You do not need a Tear, or any mana regen items at all. Sensible management of your E skill, good minion kills, and keeping the golem buff locked down are all the mana regen you need. Wasting money on regen with him prevents you from getting what you need -- and that is health and AP, and lots of both. You will be a priority target for the enemy team, and being able to take the kind of punishment they're likely to dish out is essential.

My build varies a lot depending on the enemy team:
1. Ring or Tome. If I imagine I will be harassed or do quite a lot of harassing mid, I will take Ring. The mana regen is not insignificant. But if I'm likely to be against someone I won't be able to effectively harass (they have a heal or shield or more range/damage than me), I'll go Tome to get Mejai's more quickly. If in doubt get Ring, the HP buffer is very nice.
2. Tome (if you didn't get it), Boots 1.
3. Mejai's, start building your Rod of Ages. Start with the Catalyst.
4. Boots 2, finish Rod. (If you're doing well this will be by 20 minutes, if you're doing poorly as late as 30.) Get a Blue Elixir every time you come back from now on.
5. Are you destroying, as you should be? If so, it is time to start building Zhonya's, starting with the Blasting Rods, for even more destroying. If not you must build some defense. Banshee's Veil if the problem is casters, Thornmail if the problem is physical carries.
6. Still going? More AP, preferably with some health. Rylai's is a great choice.

Never turn on Defile unless you're hitting two heroes at once. And even more importantly than that, never turn it on before level 6. Your main source of damage will be Lay Waste. Learn to place it so you kill people with it -- or get them so low that a Fallen One will end their lives. Defile rocks face right off in team fights, but turning it on for even a few seconds at early levels will drain you completely of mana and leave you useless.

Piznit

03-05-2010

I play almost exclusive premade so my build might differ a little from standard build
I start with:

fairy charm, 3 hp 3 mp pots
farm mid to 6. Buy sorc boots, tear of goddess
soulstealer
RoA
rylais
sunfire
sell tear, do not upgrade
last slot if needed is usually for laughs
I've built warmogs, or another rylais (it isn't unique)

rune page is all MP and Mregen

flash for defile, usually teleport for farm/lane control

9/0/21