Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Irelia players, I have a question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZXPrototype

04-28-2011

It may appear that each individual stat is very low, as in each individual stat has multilple counterparts that each can give plenty more. However its the item compression you get- all stats that irelia needs- in one part AND the superb passive you get.

Irelia already has a slowing ability, this is augmented by the zeal phage combo of speed/chance slow on attack. Sheen has already been shown previously in the thread as to why its amazing for her mid game dps.

SlappindaBass

04-29-2011

get hextex instead, lol it sounds cools but probably sucks

SuperiorMale

05-19-2011

Triforce is amazing on Irelia. Sheen, Phage, and Zeal are all great items for her by themselves, and it just gets better when you combine them. There isn't a lot of voodoo magic behind it.

The best route I've found is rush Wriggle's, then Merc Treads, Sheen. That is all the damage you'll need early-mid game. Rush a Guardian Angel after that, and you become god. Finish the Triforce, Build a Brutalizer ---> Yoomuu's and whatever you feel like after that because it's just nonstop rofl-stomping. Check out my match history.

Pyrinoc

05-19-2011

Trinity Force also provides you with another thing that people fail to mention a lot. For a good portion of the game it makes Irelia's Q kill a full-health caster minion. This can make a world of difference for chasing and/or escaping.

w3ak

05-19-2011

In your original post you said it looked like people were doing a lot of burst damage. Is it because they maybe priotize leveling their Q and activate hiten beforehand?
Also, I get trinity because I need the extra movespeed to continue chasing, I need a more sustainable slow, and the health is all the health I aim to get in a game.
Rather than getting health items, I want to get armor and mr (such as guardian) so that I am always stunning rather than slowing.
If the enemy team is very tanky I will then get something else with health like Banshees.

Harbin

05-19-2011

People, remember that your R procs each time per use. You blow your combo in less than 2 seconds, then pop your R to continue proccing, hitting them with one at a time.

Gooner1990

05-19-2011

Irelia's burst damage in the early game is most definitely her E not Q. It adds 50 dmg per lvl, and also 0.25 sec to slow/stun. If you have lower health% than your laning enemy, you can stun the guy, and hit him with your sheen proc attack, and still have enough time to walk away.

iLullaby

05-20-2011

triny procs on you're q, so the damage of you're q qill actually be trin force damage, cause it activates on cast so the time during the charge you get it. or atleast you used too. also not spamming you're ult makes it pretty good in team fights. its just an overall good item on her.

DJKittner

05-20-2011

Nope
Triforce is best on irelia becuase of the fact that she has terrible scaling on abilities, but she uses everything triforce gives her (especially the slow and ms)
also, with triforce u can build tank afterward cause triforce doesnt require u to get as or ad or crit like other ad items

Charmicarmicarmicat

05-20-2011

Triforce is solid sure, but rushing it is needlessly. If they have a lot of burst damage and suppression, forget about it.

Wits end+Sheen+Negatron or chainmail is a lot stronger not only for burst damage, but survivability as well.