Good Irelia players, I have a question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flygoniq

04-28-2011

I know these stats are good on her, the only problem is, each stat is so pathetically low, I've just always done better with ghostblade.

All I'm asking is, if I bladesurge to proc and use it, then use equilibrium, will I say get another one immediately from equilibrium? Or is the 2 second cooldown throughout all the abilities? Do you actually delay your ult for trinity procs?

I know how to play Irelia other than this...

Ixtli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2011

Try Hextech Revolver/Gunblade after Trin Force, you will deal even more pain with your bladesurge and ult and get some awesome healing from almost all your abilities, couple it with a Spirit Visage or Will of the Ancients for even better results. Building her all physical makes you very squishy and a CC/Exhaust totally ruins your day, hybrid is the way to go =)

saixx

04-28-2011

there is a 2 second cooldown between sheen or trinity procs. When it is procd you cannot proc it again for 2 seconds. It seems pretty straightforward. The thing is though You'll be getting multiple procs per fight still. Generally a fight is not 2 seconds long.

note though you cn proc it back to back if you do this, use hiten to get proc, hit them 2 seconds later while the buff is still up. Now use another skill immediate proc. The proc rate is 2 second internal cd, the duration can make it appear to be back to back though if u hold a proc ahead.

sorry spelling/grammar, typing while wroking

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2011

I kinda call BS on the TriForce procs.

Sheen used to work such that each separate ability had its own cooldown. So one could use ability A, sheenproc autoattack, ability B, sheenproc autoattack, ability C, sheenproc atk as quickly as they could use the abilities.
You just couldn't use ability A, autoattack, then ability A if it had a really fast cooldown and expect another sheen proc.

TODAY however, sheen has a global cooldown and I believe TriForce works the same way. Therefore when you bladestorm, it sheen procs and applies it to the bladecharge or whatever. However you will not proc another sheen/triforce proc until 2 seconds after the initial proc.

saixx

04-28-2011

correct about its current for warrrrax

Zero000x000

04-28-2011

I space the ulti out if possible. If I has large number of targets and need the hp, I just mash R.

Irelia is a melee dps, and melee dps need chasing ability, burst, and survivablity. Trinity Force gives movespeed and sometimes a slow, help chasing. The proc turns Q into a heavy damage dealer. That extra 150 damage is no laughing matter, especially at about 25 minutes (around the time most people can get Trinity Force). The truth of the matter is, there is no melee dps that can go wrong with a Trinity Force, though for some champions other items are more cost efficient. All melee dps that have a move that applies on-hit effects (such as Irelia's Q, Garen's Q, Nasus's Q, Poppy's Q) benefit all the more. As a long time Irelia player I can say Trinity Force is not a "must-have," but it does everything Irelia needs in one compact item. You can of course get Phantom Dancer + Frozen Mallet + Black Cleaver for a ton more money. Trinity Force is also the pinnacle of tanky dps (along with Bloodrazor) because it allows champions to do massive amounts of damage with no help from other items.

reaver99

04-28-2011

If you just spam your ulti you still get like 2 more procs besides the initial one from Bladesurge, so you don't need to be particularly careful about it, although you can get even more procs if you do space it.

You don't always have to get triforce though. It works best if it's your only damage item since it doesn't have great synergy with anything. If you're planning to build more damage items, you can get Ghostblade, Wit's End, etc instead of triforce.

Beholder Mage

04-28-2011

By being majorly tanky, i.e. mercs, tri force, Randuins, Banshees, GA, w/e else, you can easily explode carries while never dying. The huge burst on your Q is really good for, say, killing minions ridiculously fast with chained Qs. If you have a wonderful early game, and get triforce 15 minutes in, say, you can easily farm a whole minion wave with chained Qs in less than 20 seconds.

FECross

04-28-2011

Just comparing Ghostblade and TF:

Ghostblade provides you with a one-time use steriod in team fights, cdr and arpen. TF, however, provides the same amount of AD and crit chance, improves your survivability, gives you a second source of cc, gives you a sustained source of increased movespeed and another source of damage every 2 seconds. Overall TF just provides more sustained dps over time, survivability and utility than ghostblade which is why you should get it before.

xahhfink6

04-28-2011

Some people have it right... you do need all of the things that triforce provides, although I much prefer to get a blackcleaver before finishing trinity (and wriggles cause I jungle)