Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Irelia players, I have a question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flygoniq

04-27-2011

Title>

How exactly does Triforce help Irelia. Ok, it gives her some pathetic health, mana, attack speed, crit chance... AP... and some attack damage.

Sure, it helps her a little everywhere. Apparently I'm missing something. I know the passive procs are important, but SERIOUSLY. With a base damage of 100 it's giving me 150 damage. How is this going to insta-gib that ashe behind the enemy lines? Or am I missing something...

When I bladesurge, and it uses the proc, my followup equilibrium and activation of hiten style give me no more procs. Should they be? I mean, when I watch videos of players using triforce as their only damage items, they do a sh*tton more damage than I am, and it looks like they must be getting a lot more than one proc :\

I may be doing it wrong, but I made a post recently about trinity force itself and a blue told me that each spell has its own secret cooldown for triforce procs lasting about 2 seconds, so should I get a proc every time I use a spell?

Most importantly, to you pro irelia's: Do you ACTUALLY use your ult for tri-force procs? If so, how many do you actually delay? In my experience, delayed ult shots equal dead girl.

This is not a QQ thread, but when my teammtes made fun of me and got the enemies to, just for not rushing a triforce, I realized that there must be something more :\
I really need help :\

FelixQc

04-27-2011

keep in mind that sheen's proc on triforce has 2 sec cd, it can help you time your abilities

Flygoniq

04-27-2011

...When you play Irelia, you don't wait 2 seconds to Equilibrium, then wait another 2 seconds to activate hiten. That's dead Irelia. If the whole effect had a 2 second cooldown I doubt it would be that good...

I need answers from Irelia players who can help me with the specific methods
By good I don't mean wuzzah 2k elo, just someone who knows how tri-force bursting actually helps me.

BabyNinjaJesus

04-27-2011

Quote:
delayed ult shots equal dead girl.

your not building tanky enough and/or going in at the wrong time

Quote:
When I bladesurge, and it uses the proc, my followup equilibrium and activation of hiten style give me no more procs. Should they be? I mean, when I watch videos of players using triforce as their only damage items, they do a sh*tton more damage than I am, and it looks like they must be getting a lot more than one proc :\

yes it procs off them all, but only bladesurge will use the triforce proc itself when you've casted it, teh other 2 will require you to auto attack the ****,

its not instant gib on the ashe behind enemy lines, BUT with teh short CD of bladesurge at high levels along with equib strike and the general tankyness + her passive + merc treads making you unstoppable unless killed, if they dont get you off that ashe within the next 7~ seconds, you WILL kill her

Arisulane

04-27-2011

It makes your dash more intimidating, it has a chance of slowing your enemies down, your movement and ASPD are boosted. Triforce is just an all-around good item for Irelia to have, and the stats on it are efficient even without the 150% base damage proc. It makes Irelia into a carry killer and you can build tanky items around it provided the rest of your teammates have enough DPS to take the rest of the enemy down. Don't worry about the procs, you're going to get roughly two, maybe three, procs of it in the time that you normally take to gank someone.

If anything, I hope you're not forgetting to synergize it with Ghostblade. Those two items and merc treads are all Irelia really needs to be effective.

Flygoniq

04-27-2011

As of now I rush ghostblade and not Trinity Force.
So I only really need two procs to kill someone? It's hard to see how that gets it done better than rushing ghostblade but ok.

I'm not sure if this has to do with anything... but as Irelia, in lane, if I'm not against someone that utterly counters Irelia early, I usually have 3 kills by the time laning stage is over, plus ganks. The enemy team always focuses me no matter how late I enter the fight :\

I also have the worst luck of any person. My best friend refuses to rank with me purely because there will always be a leaver when we play. Experience taught him that -_- WHen I use triforce, throughout an entire game the slow procs about 3 times.

Edit: So basically, the procs are not the world?

Arisulane

04-27-2011

Yeah, the procs aren't the reason you get triforce, although it's effect on bladesurge is awesome and worthwhile.

HeXiiS

04-27-2011

the thing you have to know is that irelia's bladesurge can proc any and all effects (i think)
so what that means is
1. proc sheen
2. proc slow from phage
3. proc true damage from Hiten style

so what you do is pop Hiten style -----> blagesurge --------> then AUTO ATK --------> 2 things happen now.

1. other play starts getting low and start running. -----> equilibrium stike to SLOW and chase
2. YOU take too much dmg and are lower hp than the opponent --------> equilibrium stike to STUN to give you time to escape OR more time to finish them off

the sheen is just to add the nuke. then you can build that into a triforce becasue the triforce gives a better dmg % plus some all round nice stats.

oh and try this, after your triforce get a I.E. now you have a decent crit chance and you hit like a truck. finish that up with a phantom dancer and bloodthirster for a hard carry pub stomp build

or i could have no clue what i am talking about because i never go 17-0 and 19-0 with irelia :P

reaver99

04-28-2011

The reason Triforce is good isn't just the procs.

You want a zeal on her for attack speed and movement speed.
You want a phage to keep enemies slowed.
You want a sheen for the burst damage and because you can proc it off your ult blades.

It just so happens that those three items combine into Trinity Force.

Kroghar

04-28-2011

Yeah, let's see here...

Increased movement speed? Check.
Increased attack speed? Check
Chance to slow opponents on hit? Check
Increased damage to auto attacks? Check
Increased damage to ability damage? Check
Increased Crit chance? Check
Bonus health for survivability? Check
Bonus mana for sustainability? Check
Bonus burst damage after using spammable abilities? Check
Affordable, easy to purchase components? Check

Why are you even questioning this item on Irelia?

Only thing it lacks is CDR, which you should be compensating with runes/masteries/blue buff/elixirs and Ionian boots if you can swing them. Also Brutalizer.