Heimerdinger: Your thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JPoc

04-27-2011

If you like Amumu you could look at Singed. I love tanks and hard to kill champs and there is nothing more satisfying then running into the entire enemy team, leading them to an awesome gank while poisoning them, and barely taking any damage.

GiraffeOfPWN

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornerok View Post
here you go
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeneralW.../3/pVRpP23sK4c

clearly OP.

in all honesty, fun and cool though underwhelming unless played right.
lol that's actually the vids that kinda inspired my idea to buy heimer. Of course Hotshotgg has ridiculous experience with him I'm assuming.

OmySpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

I love Heimerdinger, he gets a lot of **** on the forums, but I think he is super fun to play. Like someone said before, he's a thinking man's champ, you have to consider a lot when deciding where or when to place turrets. He only has two now, but if you know what to do with them two can be enough. He farms and pushes great, he can be easy to kill if you aren't careful, but if the enemies don't consider you a threat and ignore MR, you build some AP and just go to town on them.

Floydian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

Heimer is a VERY good hero, he just takes a lot of experience to do well with him. You'll start off by throwing random turrets down all over the place and you'll lose games and think he's bad.

jslep19

04-29-2011

Maybe Udyr, Olaf, or Warwick? They are all off-tank DPS junglers, kind of similair to Jarvan and Amumu. Warwick and Udyr are both phenomenal junglers, and if played right can be helpful late game in team fights. Olaf is the same idea as warwick and udyr, but I find him slightly worse.

ProTipsWithMike

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
Oh?
That picture is edited because for the enemy team it says the Champion name not the Summoner name. Or he played against bots. Heimerdang be dat gosu hero bruh. Check out my strategy thread:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=704027

It features Heimerdungledoorf as the key to the strat or w/e.

MityMouse

04-29-2011

Heimer does get shutdown by a lot of champs, but is still pretty good if you know what you are doing. Knowing where to put down turrets is key to not having them get destroyed the second you put it down. I ALWAYS max turrets first, then rockets to level 2 and harass the **** out of mid. If you are in a duo lane, maxing grenades second is your best bet.

All in all, he is a little underpowered compared to some champs but I don't have a huge problem. Knowing any champ well enough is the key to winning with them. It just takes practice.

Kikhan

04-29-2011

Heimer has been reset so many times now. Heimer has been all about turrets a couple of times. They took that versatillity away. He has also been set up as more of a burst caster Champ a couple of times with turret support and this is how he sits now.

Teekink

04-29-2011

Heimerdinger is one of the best mid champs if played right. Problem is, you really need to glyph him before he becomes good. You also need the same mastery every time: 9/0/21, for that 9% CDR, among other things. For glyphs, Red = MP, Yellow = flat mana regen, blue = flat cooldown, quint = flat cooldown. Get almost 20% CDR starting the game, and mana regen to back it up. You also don't need any items to get max CDR, because his ult will provide the other 20%.

Well, that's how I play him anyways. Best tip I can give you no matter how you play him: have two turrets saved up when you know a team fight is going down.

rawrbacon

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekink View Post
Heimerdinger is one of the best mid champs if played right. Problem is, you really need to glyph him before he becomes good. You also need the same mastery every time: 9/0/21, for that 9% CDR, among other things. For glyphs, Red = MP, Yellow = flat mana regen, blue = flat cooldown, quint = flat cooldown. Get almost 20% CDR starting the game, and mana regen to back it up. You also don't need any items to get max CDR, because his ult will provide the other 20%.

Well, that's how I play him anyways. Best tip I can give you no matter how you play him: have two turrets saved up when you know a team fight is going down.
I second that. The attack speed bonus the turrets get when you place them makes it much better to set them down as the fight starts rather than having them lined up before.