Good Cho'gath players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Touch Me Harder

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyStrike View Post
You shouldn't have a build you use every game. You need to adapt, don't build armor if they have 5 Aps. Etc.
i am aware of this. i have 800+ games under this account alone. there are almost always a few items for each char that alot of people consider to be "Staples". a usual ground work for the champion. runes + Master and a couple of "must have" items.

Touch Me Harder

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
I dont get the point of getting AP items for regular builds. IMO his regular build is tank, and he needs resists in that one, not AP. AP is for when your team has another good tank, and you can be a bit squishy. You can still do a good job disrupting everything, and decent damage, without any AP at all.

I use varying builds with cho, becuase it really depends on who you should fear. If they have an AD guy you might worry about, then focus armor (this one also lets you get nice CD items--which are super nice on cho)--good thing it to start mana crys + pots -> glacial +boots whenever. If they focus magic, rush a cata, and eventually turn it into a banshees. After that get appro boots; if they have lots of stuns (almost always) get mercs, otherwise, I just dont find other boots that necessary (boots 3 are nice though if you got cash out your ears). Item after the core and boots is almost always aegis, it is too sweet for you, and nice to get for your team. Afterward, whatever really.

Whatever you do, dont load up on HP items. If you are playing well cho has high natural hp due to his ult + stats. You need resists to make that HP worth something. A 4k cho is **** if they tear through him like paper.
i agree on the point of having alot of HP without mitigation is a bad move. on my tanks i try and get my mitigation early and then beef up. thanks for the item info. its much appreciated

Krusher114

04-27-2011

I'm a big fan of getting a frozen heart on him. The armor is obviously good, and with the CDR, you can be much more lenient with feast, and still have it up when you actually need it. It's a great way to get people away so you can just farm up---anytime somebody shows up, rupture, silence, feast, and they'll probably be making a run for it, and generally blowing summoner spells. Then, you can get back to farming the heck out of the minions.

Touch Me Harder

04-27-2011

Thanks for the tip!

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

Focus on some AP/Survivability/CDR, your 3 core stats.

Try this Cho'Gath Guide

Hwa Ryun

04-28-2011

I focus on items that give mitigation and AP, like Abyssal and Zhonya's. THough frozen heart is a stable on him.

Dane Dread

04-28-2011

All tank Chogath definitely works but where he really shines for me is his ability to be an AP off tank. He isn't a strong initiator. A good rupture and scream combo works but rupture is pretty easy to juke if you know its coming. I prefer to have a good initiator like Amumu or Malphite for a main tank with Cho there to follow up with a rupture and scream to keep the CC rolling and stack on some damage.

I like Doran's Ring, Merc treads, RoA for a core of off tank Cho. Then take your pick from Frozen Heart, Randuin's, Abyssal, Zhonya's, B veil, void staff, etc.. You're looking to find the balance in that game of mitigation to allow you to tank while still stacking a decent amount of CDR and AP for damage output. A lot of times on Cho CDR seems more valuable than straight AP. Your spells also have powerful CC so being able to cast more has more value than out right damage.

I use 9/0/21 masteries magic pen reds, mana regen / level yellows, eventually CDR blues (using flat Magic resists while I save IP) and flat HP quints for Cho. Defensive masteries works too but I dont feel its necessary with his bonus health and Cho can certainly use the extra mana regen and CDR from the utility tree.

Drekor

04-28-2011

Westrice has a good guide up on Cho
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=740

crazysquirell

04-28-2011

when feasting always eat the cannon minion its the toughest and makes you feel like a boss

early game you will get roflstomped if your playing liek your a late game cho

two ways i build cho seem to work fairly well
1. regrowth pend - warmogs - boots 3 - sunfire/force of nature - spirit visage - angel wings - bveil
2. ryby crystal - catalyst - boots 3 - abysall scepter - gaurdian angel - lichbane - sunfire
both make you super beefy and near indominable

remember when playing cho gath half the game is about your opponents fearing you because your a huge dragon and will eat their faces off the second they make a mistake

also never ever try to build yourself a two phantom dancers and infinity edge cause you think itd b nifty it sucks and the friends your playing with will hate you

remember to eat peoples faces off and make them cry

FaerellG

04-28-2011

I know Rylais gives you move HP which Cho really doesn't need (he needs more armor/mr), but the slow effect will turn you into a tank.
A tank's job is to get people to target them. Because the Rylai's slow proc works off your E toggle ability as well, it means that anyone in melee with you, isn't going to get away without using abilities. Pack boots of swiftness and you're guaranteed to stick on them like glue. The slow effect allows you to land your Q better as well.

So as the tank, your job is to protect you carries and initiate to draw attacks out at you (an survive in the process).

Cho isn't a hard-tank like Shen or Rammus with a definitive taunt. He uses sheer presence to tank. A 6 feast Cho is so huge that standing next to an ally makes it difficult for opponents to click on your ally. That's the first thing.

All of your abilities can be used to protect as well. Q is your primary disable if you can land it. W can be used to shut down channels and the likes, and your E in conjunction with Rylai's makes it difficult for people to escape you. If they can't escape you, they can't attack your allies. Feast can be use offensively or defensively. Offensive Feast would be sort of a kill steal maneuver, wait till they're low enough and swallow them whole. Defensive feast would be intimidation. A melee DPS just charged to your party? FEAST. When 1/3rd of their health bar dissappears they'll think twice about continuing the attack and are liable to run away.

That said, I usually pack Exhaust and Flash for summoner spells. Exhaust is good protection and chase. Flash is great for positioning for you ult and your scream (also for escaping when you have to.