Good Cho'gath players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Touch Me Harder

04-27-2011

Im looking to start trying to learn the great "Raid Boss". I would welcome the assistance of any great Cho players out there. just your summoner name so i may look into your builds from match history is fine, or talk it up right here with me!

Items, Strats, laning tricks, ill take any and all the help offered, thanks in advance.

Finnigan

04-27-2011

I just had a wicked game with Cho. He used to be my favorite champ, I only play him occasionally now.

Kevin Zealon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

AP items
CD reduce items

use Q whenever possible, combo with W.

Use feast to get 6 stacks asap, then save it for Q -> W --> T combos (can 1hit squishies)

Also, get fast boots.

Helpful Hobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfsideRyan View Post
AP items
CD reduce items

use Q whenever possible, combo with W.

Use feast to get 6 stacks asap, then save it for Q -> W --> T combos (can 1hit squishies)

Also, get fast boots.
Sorry I'm trying to find what spell uses T.

Touch Me Harder

04-27-2011

thanks all for the feedback. i wouldnt mind a "proper" build order if anyone has one in mind.

i usually build;
Doran's Ring. Merc Treads. Crystal Scepter. Abyssal. Veil. after that its situational.

^---this ok, or am i missing a bigger picture here (very possible)

IntrovertedBoi

04-27-2011

You shouldn't have a build you use every game. You need to adapt, don't build armor if they have 5 Aps. Etc.

Critical Error

Recruiter

04-27-2011

I dont get the point of getting AP items for regular builds. IMO his regular build is tank, and he needs resists in that one, not AP. AP is for when your team has another good tank, and you can be a bit squishy. You can still do a good job disrupting everything, and decent damage, without any AP at all.

I use varying builds with cho, becuase it really depends on who you should fear. If they have an AD guy you might worry about, then focus armor (this one also lets you get nice CD items--which are super nice on cho)--good thing it to start mana crys + pots -> glacial +boots whenever. If they focus magic, rush a cata, and eventually turn it into a banshees. After that get appro boots; if they have lots of stuns (almost always) get mercs, otherwise, I just dont find other boots that necessary (boots 3 are nice though if you got cash out your ears). Item after the core and boots is almost always aegis, it is too sweet for you, and nice to get for your team. Afterward, whatever really.

Whatever you do, dont load up on HP items. If you are playing well cho has high natural hp due to his ult + stats. You need resists to make that HP worth something. A 4k cho is **** if they tear through him like paper.

tribrn

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhroe View Post
Sorry I'm trying to find what spell uses T.
Remap your ult from R to T so you don't accidentally push it while toggling E.

Kayote

04-27-2011

Generally when I play Cho I build him as a mage.

Ring
3 boots
Rylia's Crystal Scepter
Rod of Ages
Deathfire Grasp
Death cap. If the fight is still going then I usually build a revive armor. It gives you a lot of health and that slow can let you start in with a scream to help land your rupture if you are having problems with it. Rod of ages gives you more health and mana and deathfire grasp is a great item with cdr. Then Deathcap from all the gold I get with assists and kills.

DocJoze

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch Me Harder View Post
thanks all for the feedback. i wouldnt mind a "proper" build order if anyone has one in mind.

i usually build;
Doran's Ring. Merc Treads. Crystal Scepter. Abyssal. Veil. after that its situational.

^---this ok, or am i missing a bigger picture here (very possible)
Ring is fine, after that i get simple boots and rush a RoA (This is a personal preference, you may choose any other item you feel is better for the situation) beacuse it gives Cho what he uses the most, HP, mana and AP, a pretty tanky start imo.

After RoA if i'm dominating with ease i get Rilays scepter which gives you more HP and more AP.

However you after RoA, if the match is even and the opponents are skilled and are proving a match, focus on tank items according to the situation.

That's just the way i play him.