(WIP) Mordekaiser can jungle? GUIDE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UAC Kalik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Yes, for those of you who read the title, yes he can. Is it necessarily useful? I don't know, It says Work in Progress (WIP) for a reason, and I'll be sure to add onto it with findings and experiments. Now, you didn't come here to read me rant about it, but let's give this a shot.

Overview/Potential uses:

Quote:
Well, as many of you are thinking, what could Mordekaiser accomplish jungling. He has no stun, no real slow or anything that will make a gank possible. That may be true, but I could think of a few situations where it could be beneficial.

1. One situation is that you have a lot of carrys and a lot of people who would benefit more from soloing (eg. Ashe & Twisted) This could overall benefit your team because you have higher level carries, etc.

2. With the proper summoner spells and communication/allies, you can gank easily with Mordekasier, but a lot will rest on your allies skills (such as ashe's stun, or any other stun/slow/disable)

3. (TODO - Addmore, find more potentials)
Skills/Abilities (General)

Quote:
Code:
Mace of Spades
Code:
 - On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing damage plus bonus damage.  If the target is alone, the bonus damage is doubled.

Creeping Death - Unleases a protective cloud of metal shards to surrond an ally, increasing their armor and magic resistance and dealing damage per second to enemies in a cloud.

Siphon of Destruction - Mordekaiser deals damage in a cone in front of him.  For each unit hit, Mordekaiser's shield absorbs energy.

Children of the Grave - Mordekaiser curses an enemy, stealing a percent of their life each second.  If the target dies while the spell is active, their soul is enslaved and will follow Mordekaiser for 30 seconds.
I generally feel that such descriptions are useless and that you really don't care, so most of the stuff that I slap down in code tags (the rectangles) are... useless. Unless, of course, you have no idea what they really are. Onward.

Recommended summoner skills

Quote:
Smite - This allows for you to kill the creep and move on to another bunch. Not only that, but without smite or some sort of epic runes, you are screwed without smite. Perhaps rally? but that'd be stupid AND that would be a waste of rally. Go smite, please.

Exhaust - This is necessary if you have no team with stuns or someone who could help with the gank. If you have a heavy stun team, you should be fine w/o this, but in every other case, I strongly recommend this item. It allows you to beat (and hopefully kill) the enemy champion by continually smacking.

Ghost - I only recommend this if you have a heavy stun/disable team that you could count on. One's that you could easily communicate with, etc. It helps not only to escape bad situations, but to also catch up to enemies.

Other - The minor things that you could possibly consider are flash and cleanse, but this also only applies if you have a competent team with stuns, etc.
Skills to choose:

Quote:
Ok, the fun part. For this build I pick Siphon of Destruction first. The cooldown is one of the shortest and most efficient for jungling. It gives you armor for all the creeps/enemies you hit and keeps you in the battle longer.

Once you get one level of this, I strongly recommend you max out Creeping Death. After that you would max out Siphon of Destruction.

Obviously get your ulti whenever you can, and that's the time I think you could begin ganking, but feel free to gank ahead of time, or whatever.

After all of this, I then recommend you get Mace of Spades.

Here's where it all really depends, if you are going for a tank build, the things above are what you would choose. If you are going DPS then you are going to have to experiment on your own and you could potentially get mace of spades instead of the shield. This, however, is a tank-ish build and it requires you to get the shield.
Items:

Quote:
1. Doran's shield and a health potion. (See the "How to" portion to know what order to do stuff in, etc.)

2. Rejuvenation Bead (-> Spirit Visage) and a health potion again

3. Finish the Spirit Visage, or get some Boots. If the team is heavy physical, get Ninja Tabi, if heavy stuns/magic get Mercury Treads, if there really isn't anything else, I'd still recommend Ninja Tabi, but you can get Lvl 3 boots.

4. Work towards a Warmogs. (Yet again, if a situation calls for a banshees veil early game, go and do that. It really all depends, but health is good for this.)

Once you have all of this, the game should be developing in one, or the other, direction. You should know if you are going to win/lose and it may be possible that it's evenly matched. From here on out you can vary in your build, but here's my recommended:

5. Some armor is always good; some resist is also good, so get a: (For physical team Thornmail or, in the case it's stuns/magic dmg team, get a Banshee's veil. I strongly recommend some sort of armor. Only get a guardian angel if the team constantly focuses you, for whatever reason.

6. At any point after this next item, feel free to sell the dorans shield to make room for you last item. I do, however, recommend putting some dmg behind your hammer and get an Atma's Impaler. This is interchangeable with #7 on this list in relation to the order of getting the item.

7. Get a damage item or a Force of Nature. Do not, at least I do not recommend getting, a Frozen Heart because your cooldowns are probably already ridiculously short, so why bother. You can, however, because I may be deceived in values by my own runes. Be sure to comment ont his part.
How To:

Quote:
The final part for now. After getting a dorans shield and a pot, head down to the mana golem. If all is clear and no one tries to gank you, go ahead and use Siphon of Destruction on the three (important, hit all 3) creeps and use your potion as soon as you are hit. You should kill it eventually and be sure to keep using that skill. Once you get it, move on down to the pack of wolves/rock giants and kill those.

Port back, buy a Bead of Rejuvenation and another potion. Head down to the lizard buff. Cast your shield around yourself and aline your self to hit all 3 creeps with the Siphon Strike. Go ahead and pop your potion and etc.

I find it hard to kill dragon when there is so little to absorb shield from and stuff. I strongly recommend you call a bud over that has DPS and you should be able to do it at lvl 5 or 6. Rally may be necessary and you certainly need smite. I would be cautious of this though because soloing dragon is difficult w/o your shield. You'll need to have a few more items.

Continue to, however, get items/gank. Once you hit mid game, or the time of the game where laning is no longer existent like it was in the beginning, stick with your team and be an initiator. Be sure to keep your shield up on whoever is being attacked/surrounded by the most creeps/champions and carefully focus enemies. Focus the DPS or most threatening champion.
Masteries:

(TODO-add masteries)

Runes:

(TODO - add quick rundown of runes)

Conclusion:
I do realize that this isn't complete and I do realize that you may think that this hero is useless in high elo games. But I think this is something worth trying when playing Mordekaiser and a situation calls for it. I do realize that there are some errors in the text above and there is some... sloppiness to it all, but I'll be sure to update it as soon as possible. For now, this is all I had to say and I hope you try this optimistically.