How does IP work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmniOblivion

03-18-2010

-Victory/Defeat
-Duration of the game
-First win of the Day
-Experience of Summoners (both your team and the opponent)

That's the main ones I think...feel free to add if you know more....

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2010

Your K: D:A does not affect IP gained. Here's how it's calculated:

Base IP for a win: +80
Time Bonus: +0 to ~15*
No Leaving Bonus: +0-23
First win of the day: +158

*about 14 IP for a 25 min win. Max I've gotten is 17 IP for a 17 min win.

Losing is calculated similarly, I don't know the exact numbers so I won't post it. The time bonus increases with time for losing, whereas time bonus decreases with time for winning.

Aloptopi

08-11-2010

max IP boost is 23 when you win when you lose is 24
every 24 hours you get 150 IP boost for first win of day
you get 80 IP for a win and 47 IP for a lose
you get more IP when you win quick or lose slow

Thats all the ways i know how to get IP
I hope i helped

Wyxxs

08-19-2010

Does a surrender give you less IP than a loss?

NickPham

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxxs View Post
No. And I have yet to see a win streak bonus.

Incendax

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxxs View Post
If you surrender there is no IP penalty. However, you might have less of a 'Long, Tough Defense' score. This is more than compensated by moving on to the next game more quickly, which will ALWAYS net you more IP per hour than sticking with a game to the end.

80 IP for a Win.
47 IP for a Loss.
0-15 IP for a Quick Win/Tough Defense.
0-23 IP for not Leaving.
150 IP for Win of the Day.

Pr0SkyGon

07-14-2011

i have a question. Sometime i get first win and ip earned is 289, next time win just 89 and even next win i just earned 58, no recornect. What the heck was that?

ifflejink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

This was posted back when the IP system gave better rewards. It got reduced by a ton a few months ago.

lntoTheSky

07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0SkyGon View Post
i have a question. Sometime i get first win and ip earned is 289, next time win just 89 and even next win i just earned 58, no recornect. What the heck was that?
the 289 is probably first win of the day. I have no idea about the 89 to 58, but that seems weird unless you left a game in the meantime.

I personally just played 2 games, first one was normal, the second was ranked. We won both games but the first was much longer and I got 106 IP for the win (wasn't first of the day) but I only got 76 for the second win, even though they surrendered as soon as possible. I've always been under the impression the you get more IP for ranked games, which makes sense in my head since ranked takes longer since the teams should be more balanced in theory, plus you have the whole champ select in the beginning. So why am I getting less? I also had a loss the game before the 106 IP game where I got 64 IP. That was a normal game, which means you only get marginally more points for a win on ranked than you get for a loss on normal. This makes absolutely no sense at all >.<

The Evergreen

08-20-2011

while all these breakdowns are helpful, none of them are the exact one, could an employee of riot please post the official current breakdown of IP as of August 20, 2011 please?