How do you play Morgana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Scythe

03-04-2010

I just got Morgana and it seems like a pretty interesting champion. I'm playing the support route because I think it'll help my team win more games than simply going AP. The problem is I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't get creep kills because the mana cost for the skills are insane and I usually run out after I cast a few spells to harass. Is there a hot key to buff yourself without clicking on your character because I always seem to forget to cast the shield on me, and if there isn't when should I cast the shield on my teammate or myself? Considering that I'm going the support route, should I always stick with my team so they get the buff or go farm if I'm not leveling fast enough?

For the item build, I usually start with a Mana Manipulator, then boots of speed. From there I just build into Soul Shroud, then Aegis. Should I get another item instead of Soul Shroud in the beginning or include some AP in my build?

I'm just really lost on how to play Morgana, so any help is appreciated.

Joru

03-04-2010

An early Rod of Ages before the Soul Shroud sounds like it would help you. It gives good survivability while providing some AP and mana to help you farm better. Support-oriented Morgana builds usually try to be on the tanky side anyway, so the Rod of Ages fits nicely into that.

If you still have trouble, you might also consider a Chalice of Harmony. It's dirt cheap, gives magic resist, and between that and the Soul Shroud it'd probably be all but impossible to run into serious mana issues.

The Scythe

03-04-2010

So, I'm suppose to be a tanky and not get items that buff people around me? Sorry if I worded it wrong, but I don't like constantly die, usually lowest deaths or close on team.

SmecssRaege

03-04-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=12531
my tank morgana guide

it still works today, some support, lots of tank

and for summoner skills: use whatever u want
Flash
Cleanse
Ignite
Rally (if u have improved)
Teleport
Ghost
Clairvoyance
Exhaust (use after dark binding and ulti for a MASSIVE slow/snare/root/stun chain)
Dark Binding (2.5-3.5s root) > Soul shackle (4s slow then 1-2s stun) > Exhaust (3.5s 40% slow)
not many people should ive through that if you have a teammate with you =P also very good defensively to drop on their carries etc.

really just anything works with her =P

Fluffy1

03-04-2010

i main support morg so ill give you some tips from what ive learned over the months.

the key to her early game is to harrass with dark binding only when they are committing to attacking so you can control them, dont fire it off blindly for the hell of it, her spells are quite costly at all levels. first skill you get is dark binding, after that max pit and shield first. he reason for this is that the bind and pit combo while good isnt usefull for odd harassment, and if the skill shot misses thats alot of mana wasted, keeping the snare at level 1 keeps the mana cost down and still gives a long snare at 2.5 seconds.

you will find clarity and clairvoyance to be the best summoner spells for her, shes not there for damage, shes there for team support, this keeps her and your team from suspicious ganks, can land you a few ganks yourselfbut more importantly keeps you and your lanemate filled with mana.

just focus on using the pit to farm creeps and the shield to stay alive, you will want to build for survival. spirit visage helps alot early, rod of ages or rylia's gives you lots of HP and frozen heart is almost a must for her(lots of mana, lots of armour, lots of CD reduction and the awesome aura)after that you can get what you want. as for boots, while merc treads are nice i find shes still very slow, boots of mobility help her rush to the action and shield someone.

the trick with her shield is to time it when you see someone moving into to snare or stun. when chasing them put it on the ally closest to the enemy, when running same thing as they will generally try and hit the closest. use it on yourself when you go to pop your ult as it tends to make you the focuses target and if the stun goes off you will win the fight most times. you will save your carry and even die for them if need be, better you then the teams damage dealer.

once you have pit leveled up to rank 4-5 make sure you pick up some AP every now and then to counter creep growth so you can push hard all game.and remember to drop on in the middle of a team fight to get some assist, otherwise tag em with your ult. also a guardian angel is fun on morg, her ult still channels while you res. fun times.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

03-04-2010

I usually load up on ap and magic pen and go QWR on enemies. Survivability isn't a problem because you can shield yourself and mitigate most spell-based spike damage.

If you shield others, pick the right person because many people just waste it by running away; and if you equip too many aura items to help your team, they just gloat that they're owning so hard and you're a noob because your k/d is lower.