Let's talk about Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Natalie Senpai

02-23-2013

Nami was one of the most recent released supports. I really like her playstyle, but I feel she could use a few tweaks. She seems to sort of be outclassed by most supports, imo.
I thought there could be a little bit of a rework on her passive, and her E(Tidecaller's Blessing).

Let's look at her passive:
Surging Tides
When Nami's abilities hit allied champions they gain 30 movement speed for 1.5 seconds.

It seems a bit bad, I mean, I enjoy that it's a buff, but the duration seems really short to me. I was thinking it could be for 3 seconds, maybe less movement speed if it is required.

When Nami's abilities hit allied champions they gain 30 (25, if needed) movement speed for 3 seconds.

I think it's a bit of a difference that would make her better.

Tidecaller's Blessing
Range: 800
Cooldown: 11
Cost: 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 mana
Active: Empowers an allied champion for 5 seconds or until they have attacked 3 times. During this time, their basic attacks deal bonus magic damage and slow the target hit for 1 second.
On-hit Magic Damage: 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+20% AP)
Slow: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35%

It's definitely useful, and a great buff, though I thought it could be different.
Instead of just for 3 attacks, I thought it could just be active for the 5 seconds, it'd make chasing a bit easier, and I think it'd change a lot.

These are little ideas I thought I'd pitch. I know Nami isn't exactly NEEDING a buff, but I just don't like she isn't used as much as she could be, and I would love to see more Nami players.

Invictrix

02-23-2013

Well she is pretty good vs Taric and Thresh, but she gets pretty trashed by Sona and Soraka due to her less powerful heal. I am not saying she should have a heal equal to theirs, but maybe Riot could pad the numbers a little bit to shrink the gap in lane sustain.

Natalie Senpai

02-23-2013

Perhaps I just don't see it, but could you explain a bit how she counters those two? It'd seem like if she was caught by them she'd be done. Though she's slippery, I felt she could easily get taken down by them if the adc is there.

anu mara

02-24-2013

She counters gap closers that have a target. Leona, Pantheon, Fiora, Talon, Kat and similar(especially if your team trusts you and stays still). Lets be honest hit 2 or 3 people with it feels so very good.

Her ult counters initiators that bring their whole team. Usually you'll force the enemy team to scatter 2 or 3 ways.

Her E brings some nice Magic damage at level 2+. especially in a lane that focuses on armor.

Her W counters predictable pokes like Nunu and Sona.

Crimson5pheonix

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Well she is pretty good vs Taric and Thresh, but she gets pretty trashed by Sona and Soraka due to her less powerful heal. I am not saying she should have a heal equal to theirs, but maybe Riot could pad the numbers a little bit to shrink the gap in lane sustain.
Her heal is bigger than Sona's, both in base value and scaling.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
Her heal is bigger than Sona's, both in base value and scaling.
but her cupsize is too small to be viable. Her kit is pretty good if youre into fish though. If youre not into fish play somebody else. Also I've found that building zeal on her seems to work out really well

EDIT: meant zeke's not zeal

GiottoXIII

02-24-2013

sona's melons are supported by the lack of gravity that surrounds her otherwise i think they'd have sagged to her waist by now

Crimson5pheonix

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiottoXIII View Post
sona's melons are supported by the lack of gravity that surrounds her otherwise i think they'd have sagged to her waist by now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
but her cupsize is too small to be viable. Her kit is pretty good if youre into fish though. If youre not into fish play somebody else. Also I've found that building zeal on her seems to work out really well
This is why Sona's the true hypercarry, only a hypercarry can hold up those bewbs.

GiottoXIII

02-24-2013

Lols

Puma Byte

02-24-2013

I agree, I like Nami but she feels weak and slugish.

I like the idea about her passive lasting longer, the 1.5 seconds just felt too short.
Aqua Prison needs to have a larger AoE or a bit fast cast IMO
Tide Blessing's 3 hit limit is so... limiting, if it lasted for a set amount of time that would be better
Tidal Wave is still too slow for my liking and I wish it was a little more disruptive: longer pop up time or maybe even a slight pushback would be cool

I would put her near mid to low tier as far as support goes because of how difficult she can be to have a big impact. That and she has no clearing power, she couldn't clear a wave if her life depended on it. She is so reliant on her lane partner it is not even funny.