Any tips with Kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lajkonik521

03-04-2010

So today I bought Kassadin and I *S U C K* so hard... I can't even get 5 kills in the whole game! o0 Please can someone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance!

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

First he is a caster, build him like one.
Second he is assassin.
Third he has less burst than most of the casters, though he is better chaser and finisher.
Forth read some of the guides in the guide section on the forum.
Fifth you need a good initiate/support team so you can do anything,.
Sixth try to focus and nuke the enemy physical dps, Ignite and Exhaust is good.
Seventh I sucks with him too :/

Lajkonik521

03-04-2010

Hahaha xD Man ur great! Laughed so hard at 7! xD Thx ill try to finish than.

Mountain of Meat

03-04-2010

There's a few builds you can do as kassadin, and all the melee builds are a bad idea. Here is a good build for someone of low-mid ELO, and a few tips.

Get smite/teleport. The way i build Kassadin he is pretty reliant on the golem buff to stay in teamfights and is absoultely terrible at killing neutral monsters. Smite will help you get a steady flow of money the entire game. The only viable alternate for me is ignite, but I almost never need it.

teleport - you go back more than just about any other champion.

items in order vertically:

mana crystal + healthpots --> catalyst the protector
normal boots
soulstealer
sorc's boots or boots of mobility
tear drop for mana
now get either deathfire grasp, rod of ages, or archangel's staff

When you get better you can throw in a leviathan sometimes, or even a zonya's ring if you get way fed. Make sure you silence people with dangerous ults, keep an eye on your riftwalk counter, and kill golem often. Also max force pulse before null sphere, it has a higher damage ratio. And your W move sucks and should be leveled last.

Squee Goblin Nabob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

the best way to build him is almost like a tank. Here's what I mean,

Start with sapphire + 2 health pots
----> catalyst
----> RoA
----> catalyst
----> RoA

at that point you'll have around 3k hp. If you're doing well you should have that around 22 min. If you're doing not so good you'll get it around 30. Like one of the previous posts he has significantly less burst than most casters. HOWEVER, with the large mana base and large hp total you'll be able to survive and provide a nice consistent dps through force pulses, nulls AND rifts. Finally, be prepared to blue pill after every single fight. You need full hp and full mana to be devastating. Which is what you are. Also, get golem, you wreck house with golem. Seriously, it's ******ed.

AMHB

03-04-2010

Also, it wasn't mentioned, but gank every time you can.

Anytime somebody's running away and you know where they are, blast through your mana spamming rifts to get there before they blue pill, than finish them off.

Kass needs kills early and often to be the wreck machine he's capable of.

Also, when in team fights, try and save your abilities just meleeing for the most part until you see an opportunity to burst someone down.

RHINO Mk II

03-05-2010

My build:

Masteries: 9/0/21
Runes: Magic Pen red, others into regen or cooldown or something
Summoner Spells: Clarity+Cleanse

Clarity- With kassadin, this is essentially a flash spell with better cooldown, but you also can use it to burst someone down if you're running out of mana or they're getting away. And it's good for the team.

Cleanse- As kassadin, you will die ONLY to crowd controls or being out of mana. Clarity solves the second case. Get ashe arrowed? Cleanse and rift away. Get ignited at low hp? cleanse and laugh as your cooldown is half as long as theirs. Get zilean bombed? Cleanse!

Items:
-Mana crystal, 2x hp pot
-catalyst
-boots
-RoA
-sorc shoes
-mejai's if you're kicking ass
-glacial shroud (cooldown is SOOOO worth it to reduce your riftwalk time)
-Abyssal scepter (between this and glacial you should have some good survivability)
-Zhonya's
-Frozen heart

Gameplay:
You are an assassin. At the start, harass them with null sphere. Use clarity and harrass some more. Once you hit level 6, you become untouchable/deadly. Remember that you can farm with null sphere if they keep you pushed back. Try not to use level 1 null sphere to harass; it's not cost-effective. Midgame, kill anyone who is alone or low health. Hang out on the outskirts of team fights, rift in for a combo of null/force to finish off enemies. Remember you can rift through walls, hang out on the sides of where the battle is taking place. You will be a primary target. Don't show up until someone has initiated. Late game you can piss the hell out of people by rifting up into their base to hit them with a null sphere and disappearing again. The key for mid-late game is to keep the enemy team afraid of where you might hit them so they don't push out alone. Encourage this fear. Remind them that chasing you is worthless, as they have at most 1 flash, you have as many as you want. Endgame your rift should be on a 2.5 second cooldown or so. Remember that you can stack rifts if you need fast damage, but it will kill your mana pool.

EDIT: You are NOT a melee hero. You are NOT a damage per second hero. Get in, burst things down, and get the hell out. You should be hitting people once when you rift next to them, not standing there smacking at them or you WILL get killed. Keep your distance. You can rift up to them and hit them with a null sphere if need be. They can't hit you if you aren't trying to whack them. That said, Rift>Null=Force>Blade Get Force pulse if you're doing more team fights early on. The damage scales better, and it hits multiple enemies, but its worse for harassment in lanes.

Empyron

03-05-2010

Some people have the right idea here but I'm gonna pick the pieces I like and put them all together.

Masteries 9/0/21 (works best, but have tried 21/0/9 too)

Summoner spells - Flash/Exhaust, Flash/Ignite, or Exhaust/Ignite. I have tried all of these and they all work well. I like Flash/Exhaust best. Flash is important for this playstyle which I will explain later.

Start with sapphire crystal and 2 health pots.
try to get catalyst next (acceptable alt. is boots 1)
After that, build towards Mejai's and boots 2 (either merc. treads or sorc boots)
Build towards Deathfire Grasp (make sure you keybind it to 'c' or something close so you can blow all your abilities quickly c,q,e,r when taking down a target).
Turn Catalyst into Banshee's Veil (if facing casters, otherwise don't do anything with it)
Build towards Lich Bane.

Final Build (for most games)

Banshee's Veil
Mejai's
Merc Treads/Sorc Boots
Deathfire Grasp
Lich Bane
(whatever you want)

The way you play this is you hope and pray to get a pre-6 kill otherwise you're gonna be slow catching up to the rest of the team, but you will eventually.

Ability priority -- RW > Force pulse > null sphere > nether blade

Take null sphere to start and harass/last hit minions with it. Lvl 2 is force pulse and then make it your priority to level. Don't even bother with nether blade til you have to take it.
Try and lane with someone that casts a lot. This will feed your force pulse so you can use it more often. Great options are Morganna/Karthus/Alistar.

When fighting enemy champions you should do this, riftwalk in, force pulse, null sphere, DFG/Exhaust/Ignite whatever you have for summoner spells. Then either riftwalk/flash out of the fight to safety, or continue beating til dead. You'll have to use your brain to decide whether you're gonna win or not. If you can't kill enemy champ and have to get out to safety, no worries. You'll soon be able to repeat this attack and wittle enemy down.

Best option for Kassadin is stay back in team fights, pop in, force pulse, null sphere a dangerous caster (sticks/soraka/ryze/veigar/etc.) maybe riftwalk to last hit someone if you can or RW away and wait for force pulse to stack up and CD on other stuff. Rinse and repeat. You can use flash/RW to double flash more or less. Great for escaping surprise ganks.

Kasssadin can be an amazing hero, or he can be useless a lot of the game. Key things are an early kill or two if you can, and trying not to get ganked yourself. Kassadin is a primary target because everyone hates null sphere.

The Farkinator

03-05-2010

Try and rush survivability items with AP like Rylai's, Rod of Ages, and Abyssal scepter. THEN you can stack AP.

Empyron

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Farkinator View Post
Try and rush survivability items with AP like Rylai's, Rod of Ages, and Abyssal scepter. THEN you can stack AP.
I disagree with this and have tried it too. It doesn't fit the way he's supposed to be played. Kassadin should pop in, blow his load and get out before the enemy knows wtf hit them, rinse and repeat. Where does the survivability come in? He's one of the hardest people in game to kill if you don't get CC'd... just riftwalk/flash the hell out.