Guinsoo's sucks on jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

In theory it seems really good, but unless you have a DPS build stacking attack speed, how often do you get good stacks? And if you were to get that many stacks, would you ahve killed them anyway? Seem like a 'win-more' to me....

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingledot View Post
In theory it seems really good, but unless you have a DPS build stacking attack speed, how often do you get good stacks? And if you were to get that many stacks, would you ahve killed them anyway? Seem like a 'win-more' to me....
I'm not a huge fan of it...but it is relatively cheap and does cause stacks on spell casts aka being nearly instantly 3 from a leap, empower, hit...and then I'm sure you hit them more than 5 times to kill, giving you max stacks.

wildfire393

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingledot View Post
Due to the mechanics of his ultimate, AP Jax does quite a bit of autoattacking as well. Additionally, it triggers on spellcast. So if you go Empower > Leapstrike > Autoattack > Counterattack > Autoattack > Autoattack w/ Ult, you have 6 stacks by the time your ult procs.

Also, once it has been charged up to 8 stacks once, Jax permanently keeps the HP that the AP at 8 stacks gives.

EnderA

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Also, once it has been charged up to 8 stacks once, Jax permanently keeps the HP that the AP at 8 stacks gives.
Oh, snap! I didn't know that.

AbyssionX

Recruiter

03-04-2010

I always get guinsoo and never have problems maxing stacks in a fight. love it.

gun fu panda

03-04-2010

Guinsoo's the most cost effective item in the game for Jax.

Ráisa

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Due to the mechanics of his ultimate, AP Jax does quite a bit of autoattacking as well. Additionally, it triggers on spellcast. So if you go Empower > Leapstrike > Autoattack > Counterattack > Autoattack > Autoattack w/ Ult, you have 6 stacks by the time your ult procs.

Now, does this work every time you lose all stacks and reach 8 again, or only the first time you reach 8 stacks. Very OP if it happens every time you lose the buff and re apply it.

wildfire393

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorrrrrge View Post
Now, does this work every time you lose all stacks and reach 8 again, or only the first time you reach 8 stacks. Very OP if it happens every time you lose the buff and re apply it.

It works like this: Jax buys Guinsoo's and gets HP for the AP and Attack components.
Jax attacks/casts a spell, getting 1 stack for Guinsoo's and gaining the HP for its AP component.
Jax will no longer get any bonus from going up to 1 stack. However, he will not lose the bonus from going down to 0 stacks.
Jax then attacks/casts twice, going up to two stacks. Now he has HP as if he had two stacks permanently.

Basically, he's given HP as if his AP were at whatever the highest level of Guinsoo charging he's been at.

Jothki

03-04-2010

Which means the heal trick doesn't work? Weird way to handle that.

Or does Jax just never lose hp when he loses attack damage or ability power? If you buy another AP item that pushes his base AP above the stack max, will the 'permanent' bonus be overwritten?

Azing

03-04-2010

Guinsoo's sucks on everyone but jax?

Thread title fixed