Audio notifier when buildings are under attack

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClutchBigfoot

08-26-2009

First off I just want to say what an outstanding job Riot has done on LoL so far.

I'd like to suggest adding some sort of audio notification (ie. "The enemy are attacking your base!") when a team structure is under attack from the other team. As far as I've noticed, the only way to tell if a turret is under attack is, if I check the mini-map OR the audio notification that I've already lost the structure.

While some may feel that the minimap alone should be enough, I fail to see the point of telling me I've lost a turret but NOT telling when it was under attack in the first place.

Just a suggestion, I hope you guys consider it!

/Arj

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2009

i support this suggestion. "tower is under attack" with a ping icon on the map

on that note, ping graphic needs to be bigger.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-26-2009

as long as the noise doesitn pop up all the time.. that would be so repetative and annoying

ClutchBigfoot

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
i support this suggestion. "tower is under attack" with a ping icon on the map

on that note, ping graphic needs to be bigger.

Yeah, I agree that the ping icon is quite small. You get used to it, but it's very easy to miss it at moments.

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Actually I respectfully disagree with the suggestion. I believe looking at your minimap to get information is an important "skill" in the game.

I have, in few occasions, used all cooldowns to "ninja push" a tower and an inhibitor while the fight was raging middle lane, and got my team a win this way. Wouldn't have been possible if the opposing players were paying proper attention.

I actually don't really mind either way, but I think this should be a discussion

Cantor

09-07-2009

I think its a good idea, providing easy access to information (that your team legitimately has, I'm not saying stealth reveal on everything) is always an improvement. I often find myself seeing on the minimap that the enemy creeps/heroes are very close to a turret in another lane, but not sure if its time to throw fortify or not, so I have to switch over my main view down to the other lane, and that takes away from being able to effectively control my own hero.