Haunting Guise on Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

03-04-2010

AP-build on Morde is a bad idea however which way imo.

What item should i replace HG with as soon as i hit sixth item? There is no other item that gives CDR and magic pen right? So prolly go with abyssal or void staff? Or is a good CDR item more invaluable? In that case, frozen heart or deathfire grasp come to mind. I find neither ideal.

Riot should just make a special Mord-item. SOmething like 40 magic pen, -25% CDR and shield health increases by 25% :P

Mighty Sandwich

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khranz View Post
Same cost as Haunting Guise, far less effective. Brutalizer only make's Morde's auto-attacks hit harder
Brutalizer's damage increase makes Mace of Spades hit harder than it does. It's about the only damage item I get on Mordekaiser, but it serves it's purpose well in jacking up the Mace's effectiveness a bit. I know Armor Penetration doesn't work on the Mace, but you can never go wrong with armor penetration.

Really though, they are two sides of the same coin. A physical DPS Mordekaiser should get Brutalizer, while a Mordekaiser looking to spam abilities needs Haunting Guise.

Worth noting that Haunting Guise isn't an AP build exclusive item. It has 3 things Mordekaiser can really use and it's fairly cheap. You can get Spirit Visage and Haunting Guise as your first and third and do rather well until you start getting into things like Warmog's, Rylai's, Frozen Mallet and such. It has it's uses.

AFKray

03-04-2010

no. There are MUCH better items to get for its cost. You aren't a caster. You're coefficients are terrible.

IceDive

03-04-2010

coefficients are terrible, that's why you want CDR and magic pen instead of AP. Also, better items for it's cost? It's only 1337 gold...

And not a caster? about 80% of the damage mord does is magic damage. (ofcourse, it will be less with pys DPS build, build still...)

Krangbot

03-04-2010

Quote:
Also, if you had read his post you would see that he already has FM and spirit visage by the time he gets haunting guise. Also flat penetration scales better the more of it you have as long as you're not wasting it on an enemy you would have already fully penetrated (lol, i know).
LOL, if he already has a spirit visage or another regen item, then not only is the hp/5 useless and not needed, but the mp/5 is worthless as well. Making half of the stats on the Guise worthless which also makes it a dumb buy compared to any other item at this point in the game. Morde is not a dps character, or a bursty caster.

As I said before, its a matter of opinion, but Morde should be getting either some MR or Armor at this point to better counter whatever damage the other team has so he can stay in the fights longer and use his AE on everything. Or better yet, if you feel tanky enough at this point, get some actual damage items to boost your melee (I like to get a malady or starks at this point) to make sure you are always at 100% hp and to boost your killing power efficiently without wasting gold on worthless stats.

Nyagamun

03-04-2010

trinity force IMO

Khranz

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyagamun View Post
trinity force IMO
Only if your team already has a good, dedicated tank IMHO. Otherwise, Hybrid/Tank Morde all the way.