The New Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSJx

04-26-2011

What do you guys think? I haven't played him yet (got my ****ing wisdom teeth out this morning :P), but I figured I'd get a discussion topic up. How is he in lane with no denying? How's the new ult?

Dark Fledgling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-26-2011

Well, he is very interesting. While the raise morale passive bonus is no longer as good, the active if timed correctly is a huge steroid, making AD champs really hit hard and excellent for chasing. Its like a 6 sec ghost on a 25 sec CD, it does take a moment to cast so you gotta be careful in those close running situations since the enemy might catch up and just kill you if they are close enough.

Scurvy is fine though I think, as I only used scurvy for the cleanse anyway.
Parlay is also pretty useful still (late game still can crit for 1k on champs) but since the CD went up I'm casting it more for last hitting and going oom sooner. Gonna have to experiment with a meki pendant or teleport at the start so I can keep my farming up early game.

The only real problem I have with the changes is the slow on the ult is pitiful. I feel if they gave it back atleast a 40% slow (maybe not 55% from the old ult) that it would become a very useful tool. As it is, its just too small now and is just way to easy to avoid.

As far as builds go? I'm still using AP reds and Quints, with mana yellows. Trying some different blue set ups with either MR or CDR. I think CDR is gonna be very important on him, letting you keep Raise Morale up more, always have your cleanse ready, and for head shotting people with parlay.

Over all my final build looks like this. CD boots, Infinity Edge, Atmas, Banshees, Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet.

Of course, I've never played a ranked game in my life so take all this for what its worth (probably nothing).

-DF

xSJx

04-26-2011

Yeah, I played one game to **** around and his ult seems like it got nerfed.

catowar

04-26-2011

I hate to say this, but This killed GP for me... he was my main but now? bah.. =(

Glorious Bird

04-26-2011

He is dead as a damage dealer. Just stack auras and buff your AD allies if you HAVE to play GP.

liquidstardust

04-26-2011

he is useless now i think only reason to play him was deny

gallantgreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Parrrley has more damage over time than before.

Ulti aoe severely reduced but should do similar damage if enemies stand in it (think MF bullet time change)

ComradeHX

04-26-2011

Tightening the ulti AOE is a good thing, imo.

Before, even though the edge covers a lof of area...not many will be hit; or all the enemies are in center and cannonball start hitting the edges...

Glorious Bird

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallantgreg View Post
Parrrley has more damage over time than before.
Yes if you assume you get to stand there and continuously get your shots off on an enemy in a team fight.

Fact of the matter is that occasion is not going to happen.

gallantgreg

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruga Monkey View Post
Yes if you assume you get to stand there and continuously get your shots off on an enemy in a team fight.

Fact of the matter is that occasion is not going to happen.
You could always build tankier then before and still do decent damage since he got a damage buff.

Think of the new Ryze, his Q does less burst damage as well, but people are now building him differently...