Masteries for lowbies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzalis

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaya View Post
Greed gives you 150 gold in 25 minutes. Why would you waste a mastery point on that?
That's the difference between being able to buy a B.F. Sword at 1850 gold with the mastery and having to wait until the next fountain trip at 1700 gold without the mastery. It happens more often than you think.

Plus, that's 150 gold in 25 minutes for a single point. What other masteries are that per-point efficient?

It's not a great mastery by any means, but it's not the total waste of a point that many people make it out to be.

EnderA

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I, personally, skip summoner spell masteries. If only because I like being able to swap 'em around pre-match.

Granted, I still roll with ignite/cleanse 75% of the time, but it's being able to swap that counts >.>
Well, if you're not going to swap masteries, then you're also limiting the champions you can play. But I agree that it's annoying how long it takes to switch masteries.

I go Exhaust/Flash 75% of the time, and I go 21/9/0 most of the time. If I'm doing a caster, I'll definitely do 9/0/21. On rare occasions I'll do 9/21/0 (like if I'm playing Jax.)

Clairvoyance basically requires the mastery. It's... amazing. Almost twice the duration, 10% shorter CD... and then another 15% shorter CD from Presence of the Master. So instead of a 6 second sight every 55 seconds, it's a 10 second sight every 42 seconds. From sight 1/9th of the time to 1/4th of the time. Many others are similarly amazing.

If you wanted, you could just put points into multiple different skill masteries. Then instead of never having them, you'd always have them.

Voidgolem

03-05-2010

Yes, but then I'm effectively wasting the points in the skills I don't use. I'd rather have slightly weaker skills I'll forget to use than miss out on my .5% chance to dodge >.>

...I have yet to find a champion that cannot work with 9/21/0, then again, I don't play casters much >.>

Ryzalis

03-05-2010

I also don't understand why so many people take Perseverance over Good Hands. 10% off your death timer is pretty significant, especially late game when the enemy team will take advantage of your long death timer after a team fight to push an inhibitor or take Baron. I've had games lost where if our carry had respawned literally five seconds earlier, we would have won a team fight at our inhibitor and be able to turn the game around in our favor.

And let's face it: you will die, whether you intend to or not, in the vast majority of your games.

4% increased regeneration, on the other hand, is entirely negligible. Let's say you're Ashe with a Philosopher's Stone at level 18. According to Leaguecraft, you're regenerating 7.38 health per second and 3.48 mana per second. With three points into Perseverance, that's 7.68 health per second and 3.62 mana per second, which is an extra 18 health and 8.4 mana per minute.

The Crow

03-05-2010

Actually it's not hard to keep your deaths to a minimum. Pers helps you stay alive/stay in the lane early/reduce effectiveenss of dots. Just my 2 cents.

Also, you aren't adding in base amounts of regen on top of other item regen.

Ryzalis

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
Also, you aren't adding in base amounts of regen on top of other item regen.
I am. My numbers include base regen.

EnderA

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzalis View Post
I also don't understand why so many people take Perseverance over Good Hands. 10% off your death timer is pretty significant, especially late game when the enemy team will take advantage of your long death timer after a team fight to push an inhibitor or take Baron. I've had games lost where if our carry had respawned literally five seconds earlier, we would have won a team fight at our inhibitor and be able to turn the game around in our favor.

And let's face it: you will die, whether you intend to or not, in the vast majority of your games.

4% increased regeneration, on the other hand, is entirely negligible. Let's say you're Ashe with a Philosopher's Stone at level 18. According to Leaguecraft, you're regenerating 7.38 health per second and 3.48 mana per second. With three points into Perseverance, that's 7.68 health per second and 3.62 mana per second, which is an extra 18 health and 8.4 mana per minute.
Nice. You've actually convinced me to take good hands over perseverance. Because perseverance sucks horribly.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

1 gold every 10 seconds is complete TRASH. That's 0.1 gold a second, let's do that math: 1 gold per 10 seconds is 6 gold per minute and games usually last 30 to 60 minutes, that's 180-360 gold. A really GREAT mastery, right?

Ryzalis

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
1 gold every 10 seconds is complete TRASH. That's 0.1 gold a second, let's do that math: 1 gold per 10 seconds is 6 gold per a minute and games usually last 30 to 60 minutes, that's 180-360 gold. A really GREAT mastery, right?
Right, and what is the gold equivalent in items of a single point in say, Brute Force, Veteran's Scars, or Meditation?

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

Those level up, Greed does not. You probably don't understand what I'm getting at, but if Greed went to level 5, I'd get it.