So I want to start playing Irelia...what items first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hana Cake

04-26-2011

Previously, I've started with a long sword + pot that I build into my phage -> trinity force and of course somewhere along the line either merc or ninja tabi shoes.

Any suggestions for better items? Which items to rush first etc etc. ^__^?

Feluu

04-26-2011

Sheen is better than phage first imo. More mana = more q for minion kills and Sheen helps early kills.

stenchlord

04-26-2011

Was talking to a friend about this earlier.

I was thinking that item build should end up as:
Beserker Greaves
Banshee's Veil
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Stark's Fervor
Frozen Mallet
Trinity Force

To start off though I'd personally go with the Brawler's Gloves + 1xHP Potion + 1xMana Potion

Iriyia

04-26-2011

Well I haven't had much experience with Irelia.. however the times I did play as her I found this guide particularly helpful:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...th-guide-70179

it states reasoning for the item choices, common mistakes, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found it very helpful. just a thought

Emeraldw

04-26-2011

Gloves? Long sword to start?

Really the best starting items for her are things that let her lane longer or better and preferably build into something you'll get anyway. Mana Sapphire lets you lane longer and get 2 health potions, boots let you get 3 health pots. I have even gotten regrowth pendant before as I usually build a warmongs at some point. You could maybe go Dorans shield if you want.

The first item you should get is your trinity force obviously. That is the core of pretty much every Irelia build I have seen. I usually get Phage first for the health as much as the AD then Sheen. Up to you.

After that boots obviously, then another damage item. I usually go for Phantom Dancer (Or another one I feel like using for that match) and then build defense. Some like Starks Fervor but its up to you after TF. Heck, you might not even need to get another attack item. Sometimes I deal enough damage with TF that I just get defense afterward and defensive items are pretty situational, beyond Warmongs which I usually get at some point to supplement my build.

To the poster above: Your item build for any champ is only usually 3 items. Those are the "core," as final builds change often. I always get a black cleaver if they are packing massive amounts of armor and if I fight a Jax, sword of the divine. And For Irelia, the core is almost always Trinity, boots, some item depending on who you ask. But it really doesn't matter too much (until someone breaks out some serious math to figure out the third one) as usually by the time my Trinity/boots is done, I can see where the game is going.

Kresterz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

tri force = best build

the thing is, when you have enough mana regen per 5 per level runes, you can go phage first and then sheen because the extramana just means longer regens.

I go more glass cannon so, don't expect to live trough focus fire. However, this maks your e more powerful because I also run cooldown reduction so your running = easy

Tri force, sorc. boots, malady, blackcleaver, bloodrazor, phant dancer etc.

if things don't go well, buy something defensive

I sometimes change my boots to merc treads or ninja tabi

I can alsogo for defensive items. when I feel it is needed for atank: thornmail or FoN