Sexual dimorphism

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimkrieg

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiku View Post
So more power to riot for having a female character who actually wears decent armour and a lot of people seem to think is a guy, but why are all the girls so lithe and slender, that aren't midgets?

Where is the Mundo proportion Bertha? Or Gragas build Ogress?
Quite likely because they spend all their time running the f--k around and killing stuff. Fat champions, male or female, are the exception.

Also why are you complaining about women and sexual dimorphism... very few men measure up to Mundo or Tryndamere.

Finally the art style for the game is not even meant to be realistic.

That said I am all for unusual female champs too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

Senior Member

03-03-2010

I hate when a post gets eaten because you have timed out our log in =<

Still, whilst all the females share the same sort of build, (apart from the midgets but they both are the same proportions) the males have a pretty wide bredth of different body styles. Even with the midgets: teemo, veigar and heimer are all pretty different.

I just figure an female of amazonian proportions, or overweight, would make a decent change


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waffles Inc

Senior Member

03-03-2010

I can't remember where I read it, and I can't remember the exact person who said it, but somebody high up in Team Ninja (probably former director Yosuke Hayashi) was asked in an interview why every character in the Dead or Alive series was super-attractive (your mileage may vary). His response was words to this effect:

If the player is forced to look at characters on the screen while they play, naturally they would prefer to look at attractive characters. Since this is a video game, where we design and produce all of the characters to our own specifications without worrying about real-life limitations, why not make all the characters as attractive as we want to? I think it's more pleasing to the players and to the design teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoIsHeart

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiku View Post
I hate when a post gets eaten because you have timed out our log in =<

Still, whilst all the females share the same sort of build, (apart from the midgets but they both are the same proportions) the males have a pretty wide bredth of different body styles. Even with the midgets: teemo, veigar and heimer are all pretty different.

I just figure an female of amazonian proportions, or overweight, would make a decent change
While I'm all for variety a long time ago in beta there was nearly an identical topic to this, in it feminists proceeded to violin along and along about female stereotyping and go, "Why must all chicks be so sexy, it offends us deeply" Look at the male characters. Done? Good. Look at the female characters. Done? Good. Both are subject to stereotyping.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tegan

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffles Inc View Post
I can't remember where I read it, and I can't remember the exact person who said it, but somebody high up in Team Ninja (probably former director Yosuke Hayashi) was asked in an interview why every character in the Dead or Alive series was super-attractive (your mileage may vary). His response was words to this effect:

If the player is forced to look at characters on the screen while they play, naturally they would prefer to look at attractive characters. Since this is a video game, where we design and produce all of the characters to our own specifications without worrying about real-life limitations, why not make all the characters as attractive as we want to? I think it's more pleasing to the players and to the design teams.
If I'm "forced" to look at characters on the screen while I play, I would like some equality. It would be nice to have some hot guys in the game, not just ones wearing crazy masks, mutants, creatures, and the like. If this is your argument, where is the eye candy for women?

Wow, irony and humor really don't translate well in text. This was not meant with any negativity, it was supposed to be in good fun because who really is forced to play LOL? No one. Please don't read negativity into my post because none was meant by it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoIsHeart

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
If I'm "forced" to look at characters on the screen while I play, I would like some equality. It would be nice to have some hot guys in the game, not just ones wearing crazy masks, mutants, creatures, and the like. If this is your argument, where is the female eye candy?
Here come the idiotic feminists. Tryndamere, Pantheon, Teemo (If you are a furry), Mundo if you just like huge muscles at the cost of everything else. Hell Ryze is a MAGE and he is rocking a six pack, Taric can count if you are into feminine guys, though he is wearing clothing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tegan

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Why is feminism idiotic? Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make everyone who agrees with it stupid.

The appeal in the character designs is geared more towards men and not towards women. These are ideals of men for men. The idea that muscles are all that matters is a male idea of attractiveness. That's all I'm saying. You don't have to get all up in arms and call me "stupid feminist" and all that ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeemoIsHeart

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
Why is feminism idiotic? Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make everyone who agrees with it stupid.
NO BECAUSE YOU ARE A MORON. I just gave you a list and you downrated me because my list is incorrect, right? No, you downrated me because you are an idiotic feminist who can't see past there double chin.

Ryze is a mage with a six pack, makes sense right?

Tryndamere definitely doesn't exist, right?

Once again; Idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tegan

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Jeeze chill man.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorchek

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Poppy is sorta that.
Personally I would love to see female champs in large armor as well.
I don't think any of them are "slender" though. An actual, healthy female are all pretty "slender", with some muscle tone. Females don't get buffed like crazy when they work out, and neither do men who don't pump steroids and proteins like mad. (Sadly, neither do most Asians, even if we pump ourselves full of proteins) But how someone so well-endowed as Ashe or Sivir could run so fast is still beyond me.

ps. There's always Taric.
I still don't see how Ashe can fire an arrow with those enormous melons in the way.

Also, I'm not going to go look it up, but I thought "sexual dimorphism" was when one gender was bigger/physically stronger than the other. Like how female Tyrannosauruses were bigger than the males (and pretty much every other dinosaur, for that matter).


123456 ... 10