AP/Tanky Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizard975

04-26-2011

Simply put, has anybody tried building it, and how does it work? I've been trying to play kayle, but she's just too squishy for my taste. I'm wondering if adding in some tank items could help with that.

Wizard975

04-26-2011

I'm thinking, Chalice, Merc Treads, BV, Zonya's, abyssal scepter, and either Randuins or sunfire cape.

Obviously, I would choose armor / MR based on enemy team comp. If I'm fed and the other team is having trouble killing me, I will my later items for hybrid items like hextech/guinsoos. Otherwise, My priorities are tanking > healing > AP damage.

Azaer

04-26-2011

I rush RoA on Kayle and I love it(I don't get any components for my first buy, but I start on it at my first b), but that should be enough tankiness for you to grab your damage items and last out until you may really need a banshees.

CrimsonWraith

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaer View Post
I rush RoA on Kayle and I love it(I don't get any components for my first buy, but I start on it at my first b), but that should be enough tankiness for you to grab your damage items and last out until you may really need a banshees.
Not a huge fan of RoA, in general -- the math doesn't do it for me. That said, I would really try to get a Catalyst and boots on my first back. After that just alternate AP-Def-AP-Def-etc. That should give you what you're looking for. Additionally, Rageblade is nice, but I prefer Nashor's Tooth.

Azaer

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWraith View Post
Not a huge fan of RoA, in general -- the math doesn't do it for me. That said, I would really try to get a Catalyst and boots on my first back. After that just alternate AP-Def-AP-Def-etc. That should give you what you're looking for. Additionally, Rageblade is nice, but I prefer Nashor's Tooth.
I find its a good psychological curve ball, the health makes them iffy about focusing you, and the simple fact its RoA makes them forget to notice how you're building Nashors/Rageblade/Gunblade after it.(aka, not full AP, just starting as so since she's an early support anyways)

And having a real AP item makes her heal more than a speed boost: But its honestly just my preference, I started doing it when I first started playing her and I basically developed my Kayle style around it.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-26-2011

kayle is actually naturally very tanky. at level 18 she has like 2200 hp. that along with her ult means you can sometimes go games without building a drop of survivability. banshee's veil is often all you will need though, you are afterall a ranged dps.

Leninon

05-26-2011

I practice item keying with quicksilver and youmuu for a while along with lantern wards.They are useless to me now as it is my goal for a 15min "solo" match that is barely possible. I feel Im close but not there yet.
However her states are not steller and she does not stand out-magic resist tho
She does less then cho and he as a 0 cost Extend trigger, ashe even has a trigger.....

She cant "tank/fighter" at start unless...
HP ~200-400 (a or 2 potion) but the heal is bad
~30armor/40magic resist
either 20-30 attack damage
higher ability effects or cost less
325 not 310 since I use alot of the speed spell 347
Slow (like Ashe) would need to increase

But this would suggest that she is played at a higer summoner lv as she is bad stats

Leninon

05-26-2011

Sorry if this is too late

Leninon

05-26-2011

*Extend
*has

Azaer

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leninon View Post
*Extend
*has
Dude, you know you can edit your posts.