What do you guys think about Soraka right now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prisonal

03-04-2010

Good soraka's don't have problems playing soraka.

Judah the Lion

03-04-2010

Yeah, I played a couple last night and a had some fun. We did well, but the other team wasn't coordinated whatsoever, so it was hardly anything to go on.

Zeta, she has a ranged silence. Think Nunu/Fiddle.

I like Star Call, and I'm usually maxing it out above everything else so I can farm well (not sure if it's best to top this off or Infuse/Blessing, but I just keep them stable.) Infuse is probably underestimated though. It was pretty wicked shutting down the main bads with this every so often.

Any build tips? You guys/gals feel free to drop suggestions and comments on her, because all the guides out there are severely outdated, and it'd be great to get opinions on item and ability acquisition from contemporary Soraka players.

I've been running Locket because it's ridiculous on her, followed by some conformed defense and AP for heal boosts. My quints are HP, with some magic resist marks, and all the rest mp/5. I do this with the Seals and Glyphs because sometimes I top out Astral Blessing before Infuse for lane support and I can just make up for mp loss with regen while picking up a Ruby at the start with little issue.

I'm not sure if this is the most optimal build for her, but it feels right with the survivability.

Ashir Lightner

03-21-2010

I think I may have a point that hasn't really been directly addressed. In my personal experience one of Soraka's best assets is her ability to help both her and her lane partner out level the others. With no need to travel back to base and the ability to push just a bit harder without worrying about dying, you can chip at your lane enemies, continually forcing them to travel back to base to recharge, or at least pull back causing them to miss out on valuable XP. Done correctly, Soraka can effectually keep 40% of a team in-lane till mid-game traveling back to base only to get better items. Even being a single level above the other team can push a game in your favor, and I've played games that allowed me and my partner stay 2-3 levels above the rest.