Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you guys think about Soraka right now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judah the Lion

03-03-2010

I've been increasingly interested in support heroes lately, and with the re-balance of E.C. (it's not that bad guy, c'mon now) some of the healers are becoming more usable and viable, but there's one that strikes me in particular.

Soraka, is she worth the pick now? For ages~ she was just hard to really use well because of how effective 'Calling was on the team/her, but it's not so much the case anymore.

I don't want silly reference to ___'s obscure tier list, I'd like some actual feedback from players who play her/support 'toons frequently in competitive ELO's.

I know Taric is quite good now, but Soraka doesn't quite have that hard disable. Does she make up for it?

Thanks!

P.S. Also, add in some general skill allocation/items if you would. It might help others that are interested as well.

RealizeS

03-03-2010

Quote:
Judah the Lion:
I've been increasingly interested in support heroes lately, and with the re-balance of E.C. (it's not that bad guy, c'mon now) some of the healers are becoming more usable and viable, but there's one that strikes me in particular.

Soraka, is she worth the pick now? For ages~ she was just hard to really use well because of how effective 'Calling was on the team/her, but it's not so much the case anymore.

I don't want silly reference to ___'s obscure tier list, I'd like some actual feedback from players who play her/support 'toons frequently in competitive ELO's.

I know Taric is quite good now, but Soraka doesn't quite have that hard disable. Does she make up for it?

Thanks!

P.S. Also, add in some general skill allocation/items if you would. It might help others that are interested as well.

Buddy, Soraka, have you ever had to lane against a good one?
She rocks you.
she's amazing.
She plays her part well. : ]

The Milkman

03-03-2010

The difficulty with Soraka right now isn't really EC so much as it is how ubiquitous ignite has become. Unlike the other healing characters in the game, Soraka's only chance of surviving a gank really become out healing it. That becomes significantly harder when your heals only do half. Prior to ignite being a heal debuff I played Soraka a lot and did really with her. I've stopped using her so much since, as I got a little tired of my success depending on how many of the opposing side brought ignite.

That being said, paired with the right lane partner it can be devastating if you're not running up against those counters. Sivir is a really good choice. Fed full of mana and constantly harassing you'll push down towers astonishingly fast. I've also seen her and Kassadin work really well.

The way I build Soraka, you want to get more hp and cooldowns, particularly cooldowns. Soul Shroud is a great first item to get. Then I usually get Fiendish Codex and Mercury Treads. If I get enough money I'll get Deathfire Grasp. In my typical game with her, I don't get much more money that that.

Skills wise I go full defense with the leftover in utility. The way I play, I get tough enough that I can actually tank some and initiate fights late game.

Mercurius

03-03-2010

They need to just nerf all the heals now that they've nerfed EC so that multiple ignites aren't mandatory.

Kriptini

03-03-2010

Noob question: What does EC stand for?

Lianjie

Recruiter

03-03-2010

Quote:
Kriptini:
Noob question: What does EC stand for?

Executioner's Calling.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/items/view/3123/executioner_s_calling

It would pretty much all but nullify Soraka in team fights at times. I believe Riot adjusted it so it is now an on use item.

Zeta

03-04-2010

Soraka has no CC or anti-CC. So she's kind of meh compared to the other support.

Sakabu

03-04-2010

Quote:
RealizeS:
Buddy, Soraka, have you ever had to lane against a good one?
She rocks you.
she's amazing.
She plays her part well. : ]

She's an easily gankable laning monster with awful gold farming ability. Outside that, (a big plus and two lesser minus), and past level 6, she's a summoner spell.
Which is no go.
Granted Soraka is arguably one of the best laner of the game, with or without partner. Her advantage fades away real fast when she goes up in level.
It is also granted that she is the best healer of the game, BUT healing sucks in lol. She is useless in team battle, she has terrible ganking ability, she cannot push, she has low damage output, and one of the worst innate survivability of the game.

She pays too high a price for just having heals (heels ?) and awesome staying power, and whatever features she has that one may find good. There's just not enough of these.

Taric is better in almost every aspect.

Runict

03-04-2010

I started playing Soraka early and often.

I first played her when EC was at its STRONGEST and still found her to be a perfectly usable hero.

This EC thing has gone far enough, it has been nerfed into oblivion (I have seen one since the activate-nerf and it was a noob buying it from the recommended list).

Soraka is the most powerful healer BAR-NONE in the game, and I used to solo her mid in the 65EC days, to great effect... Why? Because there is so much more to her than healing!

Now, I am not going to ramble into a strategy guide on her, but post-active-nerfing EC, a (competent) Soraka on the team is extremely OP. Provided the team is well balanced, nothing should inhibit victory for Soraka.

They could make EC last 20 seconds and reduce healing by 75 percent, and I would still pick up Soraka for the right team.

What was your question again?

I8C SRS FACE

03-04-2010

I disagree with Sakabu.

A good Soraka changes games, especially now that there's no auto heal debuff that can be applied per hit. At worst, you'll have the one guy that got hit with it die while the rest of your team becomes unkillable.

Early on, the right lane partner and a good Soraka is a first blood waiting to happen. Her mana restore ability is incredible and single handedly makes it so neither her NOR HER LANE BUDDY have to be conservative with their mana.

Endgame, I think she's not nearly as good as Zilean in terms of changing games, but she still makes it extremely difficult for the enemy to kill your team, especially if you came out ahead during the lane phase.