Lifesteal tanking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulgar Dentist

04-26-2011

Am I the only one who stacks bloodthirsters with any type of AD character?

Caitlyn + 4 Bloodthirsters = **** near unkillable
Xin Zhao + 3 Bloodthirsters = **** near unkillable
Yi + Bloodthirsters = the most mother****ing undestroyable killing machine in league of legends
Tryndamere + Bloodthirsters = looooooooooooooooooooolololol
Nocturne + Bloodthirsters = lol...
and last but not least Pantheon + 5 bloodthirsters and 1 phantom dancer = Spears to the face for all of your health, you do not run, you do not hide.

Pretty much, does anyone else enjoy the ridiculousness of getting back all your health in 1 auto attack?
Because I do.

Hirus

04-26-2011

well, its not a terrible idea, but a 1 second CC = dead in most cases with those champions you mentioned or even any sort of Focus on you.
If you're going to stack bloodthristers, then id recommend Banshees or sash to avoid CC. Otherwise you'll be of zero use in team fights when you're the first one focused down.

Dakkas

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by med1ckyomouth View Post
Am I the only one who stacks bloodthirsters with any type of AD character?

Caitlyn + 4 Bloodthirsters = **** near unkillable
Xin Zhao + 3 Bloodthirsters = **** near unkillable
Yi + Bloodthirsters = the most mother****ing undestroyable killing machine in league of legends
Tryndamere + Bloodthirsters = looooooooooooooooooooolololol
Nocturne + Bloodthirsters = lol...
and last but not least Pantheon + 5 bloodthirsters and 1 phantom dancer = Spears to the face for all of your health, you do not run, you do not hide.

Pretty much, does anyone else enjoy the ridiculousness of getting back all your health in 1 auto attack?
Because I do.
Pretty much, does anyone else enjoy the ridiculousness of not being a bad player?

Because I do.

PunchGroin

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirus View Post
well, its not a terrible idea, but a 1 second CC = dead in most cases with those champions you mentioned or even any sort of Focus on you.
If you're going to stack bloodthristers, then id recommend Banshees or sash to avoid CC. Otherwise you'll be of zero use in team fights when you're the first one focused down.
This basically. Without any *real* defensive items, as soon as you have to break off (whether because you killed someone, need to reposition, or are just trying to close distance OR are cced) you will get melted. All the lifesteal in the world wont help you if you cant even make it into melee range.

It CAN work for toons with a great built in gap closer and some defense built into their kit. (People like Yi, or Noc) But it will only work in the right kind of matchup. If your facing Amumu - Morg - Sion - Taric - Ashe (An incredibly common team setup) this build is completely and utterly worthless.

I wouldn't even recommend it too highly for panth. (You don't leech off of HSS) Some range carries can do this effectively, but you will still need some ARP and likely some AS to get the most out of it. (Ezreal has plenty of AS in his kit already, so BT is great for him) But honestly, most higher level players prefer getting a bit of lifesteal from wrigs/starks and THEN working on Dam/ARP/Defensive items from there, You need to have some tools to deal with initiation or assasins/anti-carries running cleanup on you.

In short, glass cannon is fun as hell, but there are better ways to do it than stacking BTs. Consider how good your DPS would be if you added some ARP and AS? Or if you crit harder? Imagine how much better your DPS is if you can shrug off a stun and not be dead?

Rylar D

04-26-2011

That being said, when playing a tank: If you get some sort of lifesteal after you've gotten some good resistance and health items you may find your survivability greatly increased. Afterall, resistance items do have diminishing returns, whereas with a good method to gain back HP you can extend the value of the resistance you already have should the game run long. Can we discuss the viability of, as an example, a will of the ancients as a potential 4th item on Amumu?

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Ever hear of CC OP? Yi with bloodthirsters will die the second he gets stunned.

Kairno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

one word...
teemo

acosn

04-26-2011

And then you get slapped with a (or an)...

Exhaust
Stun
Blind
Root
Knock Up
Knock Back
Ignite
Executioner's Calling On-Use
Slow
Tank

Draghinaazzo

04-26-2011

lifesteal =/ survivability. 1 stun and your dead.

HOWEVER I will admit I often play pantheon with merc boots and 5 hextechs. His passive allows him to take a few hits and he isn't dependant on AA for getting life back. He can spear for a good amout of hp back, stun other players before they stun him while still getting hp back, and if you catch a few people in HSS, you are absolutely unkillable without a hard stun. I would never do this in a ranked match, but its just hilarious when you ult onto a team fight and slay everyone while still being at 100% hp.

swampfox357

04-26-2011

Lifesteal is great for getting your health up after a skirmish so you can push instead of b. It is not something that should be counted on in a fight.