Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which Shaco to build!? >.<

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PunchGroin

04-26-2011

Quote:
9Teen7Teen:
ive mained shaco since level 15 and i'm now a little over 700 wins with atleast 50% of them from shaco. i enjoyed facerolling with him during his "OP days" and even played with him after the epic nerf following.

i mainly play 3's and i can say shacos laning game is top notch. he can poof from bottom lane to top by the time your opposing team can type "mia" with that being the case AD shaco out classes AP shaco. because with the ability backstab, slow from shiv and your ult + summoner spells A decent AD shaco can tear any opponent to shreds who over extends even a little during the laning phase.

on the flip side ap shaco can also be viable but it takes too much time to set up jitb's. which means that if a teamfight is happening in a place where u havent set up a gank then you will be little help to your team with the one jitb that you'd have time to place and your mediocore AD/AS.

now just because shaco is a good laner doesn't mean that he isn't a good jungler. infact hes an amazing jungler but i wouldn't recommend jungling with him untill about level 5 or 6 once you've had enough gold to build madreds or a lanturn but once you do you should have permanant control of dragon and liz buff throughout the whole game.

hes alright AP but he really shines when it comes to AD

TT doesn't count The lanes are a lot shorter, the waves are smaller. You are also less likely to encounter the kinda of champs that can ruin lane shaco's day. (Champs like morgana, ashe, or miss fortune or Karthus) The decieve IS broken awesome on TT, and he remains one of the best TT champs because of it.

On SR, laning isn't really an option with him. Basically, the best way to play Shaco is for the enemy to NEVER know that you are nearby until you are deceive critting them with red buff on. When you are in lane, you can get shut down with wards and just plain outfarmed. Jungle shaco can actually outlevel the lanes - and push the level advantage into incredibly dangerous ganks. IMO, no one has a more brutal level 2-3-4 gank than jungle Shaco. No one in the game.

The point is, if you want to main Shaco, you need to learn to jungle. It's by far the most effective way to play him on SR. (Rules are different for TT, always are)

YokoHiei

04-26-2011

i main shaco and personally i jungle with a crit/as/ad build but i started with ap shaco he's fun but isnt as useful although i do ahve a theory that ap shaco would make an exellent counter jungler instead of hunting there jungler rig there buffs and wait and if your team has a jungler leaves you with 3 solo lanes giveing you a huge level experiance but thats just a thought

PunchGroin

04-27-2011

Quote:
YokoHiei:
i main shaco and personally i jungle with a crit/as/ad build but i started with ap shaco he's fun but isnt as useful although i do ahve a theory that ap shaco would make an exellent counter jungler instead of hunting there jungler rig there buffs and wait and if your team has a jungler leaves you with 3 solo lanes giveing you a huge level experiance but thats just a thought

I've actually had it done to me before, and it *can* be effective, but you can't use JITB to counter *and* keep your levels up, which is necessary for any counter-jungler to be really successful. (And I was playing Amumu, who I don't play as often and am still trying to get the hang of) It's just too easy to just jungle around the box traps, if you know where they are. Your better off running a more traditional route and counterjungling as AD imo.

I wrote up a decent run down of my shaco route/rune/mastery setup on here about a week ago, dunno where it went, but shaco can catch a lot of junglers at their blue WHILE being level 2 with red buff. (I can make it to enemy golem from liz by 2:10, which is more than enough time to catch slowpokes at golem or wolves) If not, you can pretty easily make it to enemy red at level 3 after downing Golems-Liz-Wraiths and steal it or kill the jungler safely. You just need some mana regen to go from that to your blue into a gank. (You lose some time on ganks doing this, but it can be worth it to keep red from some junglers that cant gank without it, like WW or Olaf)

Basically, being able to kill a jungler is nice, but not if it severely underlevels you, which is my experience with counter AP shaco. Nunu is STILL the counter-jungler king.