Heimerdinger?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

So i was thinking of getting heimerdinger and the blast zone skin for him too but i have some questions. these are the reasons that im not sure i should get him.-

1. i think heimer is more of a pusher and passive defensive player. he cant really do things in team fights and if his team dies he cant defend against against 2 or 3 enemies coming for his tower cos his turrets will get focused.
2.if his turrets are dead cos of focusing then hes gone...i think
3.he needs alot of time to set up seige points and stuff like that so he can gradually push.
4.i think his only job is to push.....which means that when unable to push like when defending your useless and he doesnt really contribute to teamfights.

btw these are just my thoughts and beliefs they mite be stereotypes but i dont know.
if somenoe could evaluate these points for me and hopefully convince me to buy heimerdinger.

thank you

Shivus

04-26-2011

I recently started playing heimer at times and he's quite fun. He's much more of a support and pusher than just about any other champ. If you think he can't do things in team fights you're quite wrong. Grenade allows a brief stun and blind that can screw over an ad carry for a brief window. Additionally his turrets in unranked at least go unnoticed when a team fight goes down, with a well timed ult everyone is suddenly surprised that they're running slow and taking quite a bit of damage. His rockets are hit and miss. They have quite a bit of range and can kill that last champ that ghosts out to try and escape, but the downside is you can't control what they target. He does have difficulty early on against ranged champs like caitlyn who can easily kill his turrets from outside their range.

Basically, if you want to push, support, and be a constant thorn in the side of everyone during a team fight, get heimer. If you want to nuke, and pump out the most burst damage, don't. Heimer's about sustained presence, not burst.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

i c
lol just out of question cos of the champion judgement do u reckon rumble would do better or heimerdinger? im sure in 1v1 that rumble could beat heimer but if he had all his turrets up and spammed his skills then would he beat that rumble?
i think the idea of winning fights with heimer is location based battles if your opponent is dumb enough to stick around your turrets then you win the fight i guess. this definitley is the case with stationary team fights.

Almyka

04-26-2011

I play unraked,and no ,my turrets are not untouched.Actually my enemies are so smart they focus it,and if they are ranged,they have no problem at all.At higher levels turrets go down very fast.So in my opinion,try not to go against any enemy alone if you dont see them real dumb.Ulti helpes alot,even if i have to say,its one of the weakest ulti in the game.No turret out=no ulti.
Try to allwats stay behind your turrets.In big fights dont enter,just stun with grenade and hit with rockets/auto.Ulti.
If you know there is an enemy with hard ulti like Nunu,Kata try to save stun for them,orelse you guys might burn!+Dont spam turrets if you dont have blue buff.
I hope i said all its needed.Heimy is very fragile and slow.very slow,so you must open your eyes for ganks.Also always! get ghost or flash!
I bought Blastzone tooBut turrets look same:/

Teldin

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
So i was thinking of getting heimerdinger and the blast zone skin for him too but i have some questions. these are the reasons that im not sure i should get him.-

1. i think heimer is more of a pusher and passive defensive player. he cant really do things in team fights and if his team dies he cant defend against against 2 or 3 enemies coming for his tower cos his turrets will get focused.
2.if his turrets are dead cos of focusing then hes gone...i think
3.he needs alot of time to set up seige points and stuff like that so he can gradually push.
4.i think his only job is to push.....which means that when unable to push like when defending your useless and he doesnt really contribute to teamfights.

btw these are just my thoughts and beliefs they mite be stereotypes but i dont know.
if somenoe could evaluate these points for me and hopefully convince me to buy heimerdinger.

thank you
1. With a bit of AP, Heimer can dish out some really surprising damage, plus stuns and blinds are very effective in team fights. Also, save up two turrets for when team fights happen and drop them right in the middle of the fight, then dart off a bit out of the way and pop ult. Very painful to be around, or at the least very distracting for the enemy.

2. Not really; he doesn't need turrets to be effective. In late-game I tend to drop one turret at top and bottom each and then go wander around with the group to fight. If you are getting your own towers pressed hard I tend to stay there to heal them; your passive can actually heal turrets. Yeah. It's the only thing in the game that can do that. I will sit around killing minions until the turret is healed then go join up when it is safe.

3. He pushes quite well but he's no Master Yi backdooring or anything. Set up your turrets so they destroy incoming creeps and your own creeps will do most of the work. Pop ult if anyone hassles you, fire off your rockets and grenade, then run for it and come back when it's safer. Heimer is usually very squishy alone.

4. Not true at all. Heimer has a hard stun, an AOE blind, and high damage all in one spell -- extremely important in team fights. Just remember to pop ult whenever you join a fight (it has very low cooldown) and you'll still be fine. He's average in fights from early-mid, but late game once you've stacked up some AP/magic def reduction people will fear you.

Seriously, Heimer is awesome. Though you should never buy a champ without trying it out first, especially paying money for a skin you might never ever use. Just wait till he's on free rotation and try him out.

XTreeX

04-27-2011

So from these answers to my questions i believe that heimer-
can push very well
can dfend verywell
does not help to much in team fights but still good asset with CC
if builds ap with mp then he will be feared (lol afro of doom)

thnx guyd should i get him?

AznAddict

08-10-2011

dude ur a retar bro if you think all heimer has is his turrets...His turrets will be doing the most damage in lane but dude in abtte all u gotta d is setu u turrets near enemies and itll be all good. Hs turrets can just place an al they do is slow the enemies and penetrate armor for ur team. His main attack i would say is his rocket thats some crazy ass nuke lol

yung timmy

03-16-2012

rush rockets and grenade off beginning for nukage! turrets are for suckers.

HellYeahKiller

03-16-2012

Heim with Guardian Angel. Set 2 towers, stay in the middle of them, ult.Try this. Maybe you die, but if the enemy wait your respawn he's going to take A LOT OF DAMAGE, and you will respawn, and gonna stun+blind+rocket their face.

The main objective of LoL is take down towers and not lose yours, so if he can do this, he is op.

Shonsu the Blue

03-19-2012

So, as someone who's almost exclusively played Heimer, I have a few suggestions for you.

1. During midgame, If you have a good tank that knows how to bait, have him grab one or two opponents and run them into a bush that you have already set up one turret and as soon as they are in range drop the second turret. As soon as they face check, hit them with grenade, ult, then missile them and start running away. I guarantee you at least get two assists, usually at least 1 kill.

2. Heimer can solo top lane while hugging the tower early game and nothing short of 5 on 1 can get through. Rush to get turrets at level 3, then max missiles. You can last hit most if not all of the minions with almost no risk to yourself, plus your jungle can set up ganks. If you are top next to golems, you can get them by leaving a turret near the tower, and then dropping a turret near the golems and then grenade and missiles, then walk back to the tower with your turret finishing them off. The same goes for blue after you get turrets to level 4 (for the added health it will need to last long enough to kill off blue). This way you can maximize your farm while still keeping your tower fairly safe.

3. This one took me months to learn, and should have been fairly obvious from the start, but here goes. When team fights start, hang back and harass with missiles. Wait for that one ultimate that other team does that usually wrecks your team. When whatever that ult is starts, hit them with the grenade and drop your turrets and use your ult. A well timed grenade can and will swing a team fight to your advantage.

Hope this helps.

Edit:
Oh, and I use the Alien Invader skin. (gotta love the different looking turrets)