I need a Morde tip about sharing lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Froich

03-03-2010

Ok..too many times I have had *******s on my team who say "Morde doesnt mid, he is melee" so I get some stubborn ******* teemo ,who thinks shrooms stack, and he shares a lane with me. Preventing me to get insane gold to get my tanking gear fast. Or I go up top or bottom to avoid the drama from someone who wants mid no matter what and end up not being able to push that lane because of Morde lack of burst.

So, if you are stuck on a niave team that thinks Morde is not a good mid solo, what do?

PhoenixBomb

03-03-2010

Mord is a good solo mid. He is not, however, the best solo mid. Still, I'd put him there over a Teemo.

Try to get out there first. If that fails/they come after you, try to explain the advantages of Mord being mid...

1) He is pretty much unharassable and will be able to almost guarantee a mid tower being downed (barring ganks).

2) If you are so inclined, you could deny last hits on nearly every creep to your lanemate with how well Mord farms. It is better to put Mord mid where he will accomplish this anyway, but not at anyone's expense.

3.) His insane ability to push actually negates ganks coming to top or bottom from mid. It's like getting stuck in a 1v1 lane situation with a Sivir; you can't leave to go help your team because if you do, she WILL take your tower within the next 30-40 seconds.

For the record, I don't see how a Teemo could really deny Mord much in the way of creeps, anyway. Also, who ended up going solo?

Froich

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
Mord is a good solo mid. He is not, however, the best solo mid. Still, I'd put him there over a Teemo.

Try to get out there first. If that fails/they come after you, try to explain the advantages of Mord being mid...

1) He is pretty much unharassable and will be able to almost guarantee a mid tower being downed (barring ganks).

2) If you are so inclined, you could deny last hits on nearly every creep to your lanemate with how well Mord farms. It is better to put Mord mid where he will accomplish this anyway, but not at anyone's expense.

3.) His insane ability to push actually negates ganks coming to top or bottom from mid. It's like getting stuck in a 1v1 lane situation with a Sivir; you can't leave to go help your team because if you do, she WILL take your tower within the next 30-40 seconds.

For the record, I don't see how a Teemo could really deny Mord much in the way of creeps, anyway. Also, who ended up going solo?
I tried every type of reasoning, by the time the creeps were in teh lane, it was too late and they were just stubborn. I left it for teemo, and he fed...I was at top with eve..and she fed. So I am current waiting for the game to end..yes..I left. Becuase my build, my spec, and my runes are all based on me having mid solo.

PhoenixBomb

03-03-2010

Well, you're not gonna be successful all the time. And there's no way your build/spec/runes can get your anywhere with Mord mid that they can't get you in a lane, so that's no excuse.

Froich

03-03-2010

Quote:
Well, you're not gonna be successful all the time. And there's no way your build/spec/runes can get your anywhere with Mord mid that they can't get you in a lane, so that's no excuse.
Well it is simply becuase I dont have nearly the amount of damage needed to share a lane, and the gold flow is not as high, so it takes much longer for me to actually tank or push

PhoenixBomb

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froich View Post
Well it is simply becuase I dont have nearly the amount of damage needed to share a lane, and the gold flow is not as high, so it takes much longer for me to actually tank or push
I don't understand...how don't you have the amount of damage needed to share a lane? If you can take mid, you can 2v2. And yes, of course it takes longer in the side lane, but that's true of anybody who isn't getting solo xp.

My point is, you can't base your ability to play a character off of NEEDING mid. If you find that you can't adjust, that's a sign that you need to play a new champion.

Froich

03-03-2010

Quote:
I don't understand...how don't you have the amount of damage needed to share a lane? If you can take mid, you can 2v2. And yes, of course it takes longer in the side lane, but that's true of anybody who isn't getting solo xp.

My point is, you can't base your ability to play a character off of NEEDING mid. If you find that you can't adjust, that's a sign that you need to play a new champion.
Right, you dont understand. What I am saying, is that I have built everything off of soloing mid. If I solo mid..we win, everytime. So therefore, if I am not able to solo mid because of someone else. Its basically not a 100% win. Also, Morde does not have burst damage or CC, therefore my point is valid.

Joru

03-03-2010

Quote:
Preventing me to get insane gold to get my tanking gear fast.
And what is it that makes you believe that your getting good tanking gear in a hurry should be your team's #1 priority? If you take solo mid and use the extra gold to rush a really early Warmog's or something, and the enemy carry takes solo mid and uses the extra gold to rush a ton of early DPS, then when an early teamfight happens, their farmed carry ignores you and butchers your teammates while you can't do anything to stop him.

It's true that it's stupid to assume that Mordekaiser is incapable of functioning at mid just because he's melee (he'd probably have an easier time surviving there than most ranged), but I'm still not convinced that Mordekaiser is able to take the early gold and experience from mid and convert it into something that helps your team win better than traditional soloers do. Unless your team is using a strategy where you're focusing on denying the enemy solo gold moreso than putting it to good use on your end or something, with a team composition that supports that goal.

But still, the important thing to bear in mind when it comes to choosing a solo is not "who will survive/push most easily at mid", but rather "which champion's having a bit of extra gold and experience will provide the greatest benefit to the team". Ashe takes mid a lot because getting Enchanted Crystal Arrow in a hurry can set up brutal ganks in the side. Tristana takes mid a lot because the gap between a low-gold Tristana and a high-gold Tristana is much, much higher than for, say, the tank. Why does your team desperately need Mordekaiser to be one level higher with 1000 more gold? What's he doing with it that's so critical?

BAGELBOT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

There are many more champs that "deserve" to take mid over you for the reasons Joru stated.

PhoenixBomb

03-03-2010

Quote:
Right, you dont understand. What I am saying, is that I have built everything off of soloing mid. If I solo mid..we win, everytime. So therefore, if I am not able to solo mid because of someone else. Its basically not a 100% win. Also, Morde does not have burst damage or CC, therefore my point is valid.
He has early burst, and with the proper lane partner (one with CC), can do very well.

That aside, this sounds like you have more of an issue trusting people in pugs to take mid and carry the game for you. Get a premade that can work well with you being mid or has someone in it that you trust being able to carry well in mid. This is just something you're going to continue to run into.