Question: what was the right play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iplaywithblocks

04-25-2011

I have a dilemma. I was in a game just now and playing Singed. We did well at the start but things began to come apart late game. Tides were turning, backs to the wall. The entire enemy team goes MIA, we assume baron, 4 of us run over.

They're not doing baron, so we start doing it. Nunu, Olaf, me (Singed), and Jax. Teemo suddenly pops up about 1/2 way through. We chase him, he dies. They go back to finishing baron, but I see warning bells, so I go run up on the ridge above baron instead, figuring my DPS isn't the deciding factor here. I want to give vision so we can see if they're going to try and steal.

Well they are. the entire rest of the enemy team runs up, so I start to fling and poison and I'm waiting for my team to GTFO but they're still fighting baron. Eventually I die after being stunned when I was trying to flash, the enemy team jumps my team, STILL fighting baron, and steal it, ace us, game ends.

Was that my mistake for not being in the baron pit? I had made a couple bad flings earlier, people were talking a lot of trash, so I dunno. I mean it seems fully right to me but maybe I should have... been...elsewhere? What's the verdict? What was the right thing to do?

Burbinator

04-25-2011

Olaf/nunu/jaxSHOULD be able to kill baron pretty quickly, but if it really took them that long you guys were stupid for doing it without any vision (bring 2-3 wards to give vision of their jungle). Once you KNEW they were coming (after you killed teemo) wtf was your team as a whole still fighting baron for? Even if they get baron before the enemy team kills them, great job, now your team got aced and you lost the game. Nothing you cuold've done there except try to delay more and/or get away alive.

edit: i oringally said olaf/nunu/singed instead of jax lolol whoops

and yeah, being smart on when to baron is important.

iplaywithblocks

04-25-2011

I guess i can drown myself in some solace if it was just a dumb play in general and not entirely just dumb by me.

Joruri

04-25-2011

You shouldn't have tried Baron if they were all MIA.

Late game you should always have a vision ward by Baron. :/

Burbinator

04-25-2011

Just fyi, in that situation you probably should've baron baited after catching teemo. Assuming they dont have it warded (thats why you buy pinkwards/oracles) the enemy team CANT risk you getting a free baron, and you have a good opportunity to gank them in the bushes as they come. Nunu ulting in bushes as they approach is pretty useful because you can't see the circle and low levle players won't notice the slow until too late. I don't know the whole situation but that's my 2 cents.