Fiddles Changes @ Morello

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Morello, you lied.

You said that the lifesteal will now scale off of AP and if enough AP, Fiddles may be able to heal over 100percent. The patchnotes clearly do not notify us of any such mechanic for Drain.

With this in Mind, Fiddles late game remains weak IF NOT weaker. The changes decreases Fiddles Damage, the AP ratio changes do not make up for the reduction in damage at all. 25 damage shaved from his ultimate with .05 AP ratio gain, to "make up", is not satisfactory, the .1 ratio increase to Darkwind does not make up for the 5 other bounces worth of potential damage and silence duration. Overall, Fiddles is ideally missing out on two more bounces on the primary target and 3 more on the secondary.

What was your thinking? How is an additional 6.25 base amor and .5 armor per level supposed to give enough survivability to make up for his massive loss in potential damage and harassment opportunities in mid and late game? You severely nerf his early game laning power and his jungling due to drain changes, you increase early game harassment but decrease mid nad late game presence with the dark wind changes, you reduce the damage per tick on his ultimate but decrease cooldowns when Fiddles already usually has his ultimate ready by the next teamfight.

Fiddles did not need a nerf, he is played so little already in both ranked and normal game play. Good Going hats off to you. /sarcasm

Elrihm Theurg

04-25-2011

Yes, I'm sincerely beginning to wonder if Riot allows drinking on the job. The fiddle rework ended up being a nerf as noted here, and the gangplank rework was a boldfaced nerf. Great job riot.

Still it's ok though, they took care of tanky DPS with the last patch right? Which is why it's ok to release another one, because eventually if everyone plays one, there won't be an issue, right? Gonna keep this bumped up until we get some good answers about wtf is going on.

shal128

04-25-2011

I laugh at the armor buff. It's like they're buffing him for the people without armor runes.

FishyFish33

04-25-2011

What the hell...fiddles is a weak little scarecrow ******* as it is...you nerf him even further? GTFO.
Seriously...just GTFO.
That's lame.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

I'm wondering how a .1 increase to AP ratio on Darkwind is, as Morello indicated, "Large increase to AP ratio."

The range increase to Fear, by 50 units won't save him from Jungle Ganks if he is laning >.>

trollolo1

04-25-2011

i'm all for better AP ratios, but nerfing how much he heals for?

not cool

Elrihm Theurg

04-25-2011

for those of you wondering about the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdawn View Post
I've asked before about what AP would be the breaking point in which the old Fiddle would do the same as the new Fiddle.

And you said.

I'll use 300AP for the math then.

OLD:

300 * 0.35 = 105
105 + 350 = 455 per second.
455 * 5 = 2275 damage in a full duration ult.

NEW:

300 * 0.4 = 120
120 + 325 = 445 per second
445 * 5 = 2225 damage in a full duration ult.

I thought you're plan was to increase Fiddle's late game damage. This is both a nerf to early and late game damage.

You would need almost 600 AP to do more damage late game, and thats just 25 more damage.
Not gonna show the math because I'm too lazy to type it but the difference at 600 AP is 2800 and 2825.

He would need a much larger AP ratio if you want to increase his late game damage scaling.

EDIT:

If you want Fiddle to scale better at around 300 AP, then the ratio has to give the same amount of damage that was lost.

In this case 25 damage (350-325).

The gained ratio is 0.05.

0.05 of 300 is only 15. You would have to make Fiddle's ratio 0.085 increase about.

So increase of 0.35 to 0.4. You would 0.435

10 bounces at 100 damage with a 0.35 ratio

300 * 0.35 = 105
105 + 100 = 205
205 * 10 = 2050

5 bounces at 145 damage with a 0.45 ratio.

0.45 * 300 = 135
135 + 145 = 280
280 * 5 = 1400

This is the overall AoE damage he would do in a team fight.
Even factoring cooldowns, I don't think a 2-3 second shorter CD on Dark Wind justifies a 650 damage lost.

I bring up just the issue of damage because Morello specifically said the reason for the change is to increase his late game damage scaling and what the math shows is a decrease in BOTH early and late game scaling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0bophiLe View Post
Was just about to mention this.

If you are fighting in an open field(no minions) and you hit something maximum number of times:

Shall we do 300AP?

Pre Change:
5 strikes for 100+105 damage
5*205 = 1020

Post Changes
3 strikes for 145+135 damage

Not to mention the loss of potential damage now when a bird happens to strike a minion. You lose 1/5 of the damage, rather than 1/10.
Not to mention less silencing.
I hate mathcrafting, but don't come and say somehow you made dark wind super sweet.

The armor change is great.
The drain change seems pretty cool.
The crowstorm change is eh but not that big of a deal.