Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So the new Ezreal...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

04-25-2011

I'm assuming Riot wants us to go
Rageblade + Hextech gunblade now?

Beelzebubxv

04-25-2011

He got an additive +.2 AP scaling on a single skill, I cannot imagine this will strongly alter the way anyone builds him :l

Silent Reaper

04-25-2011

His ult now combines both AD and AP so the damage is better...
If he got for example, Gunblade, he would get like +120 dmg off gunblade alone...

Beelzebubxv

04-25-2011

Quote:
Silent Reaper:
If he got for example, Gunblade, he would get like +120 dmg off gunblade alone...

I understand what you're saying, and honestly I've played Ezreal about 4 times so I'm not what you could call a pro with him. However, personally I can't imagine getting an item so expensive, such as the gunblade to beef up 1 out of 4 of my skills. Especially the one on the highest cooldown

Walternet

04-26-2011

Well the thing is, all his other attacks have an Ap ratio, too. So besides stacking AD like hell to make his "Q" hurt, all his other abilities will profit from items like a Gunblade as well.
Therefore I think we'll see more Hybrid builds on him.

Beelzebubxv

04-26-2011

Quote:
Walternet:
Well the thing is, all his other attacks have an Ap ratio, too. So besides stacking AD like hell to make his "Q" hurt, all his other abilities will profit from items like a Gunblade as well.
Therefore I think we'll see more Hybrid builds on him.

Stacking AD makes his auto attacks hurt as well.

.2/.7/.75/.9 I suppose he does have decent scalings. Though if he builds hybrid he's going to have to hit with all his abilities as the damage will be more spread out.

Meh, I don't own Ezreal and I've never had a problem with one so this change doesn't really effect me. I'm just glad to see they're making older champions more useful.

Hanketsu

Recruiter

04-26-2011

Quote:
Silent Reaper:

I'm pretty sure it was either AD or AP, depending on which gave more damage.

Walternet

04-26-2011

Quote:
Beelzebubxv:
Stacking AD makes his auto attacks hurt as well.

.2/.7/.75/.9 I suppose he does have decent scalings. Though if he builds hybrid he's going to have to hit with all his abilities as the damage will be more spread out.

Meh, I don't own Ezreal and I've never had a problem with one so this change doesn't really effect me. I'm just glad to see they're making older champions more useful.

Sure, the Autoattack hurts more, too, but instead of buying a Bloodthirster, you can buy a gunblade. Sure, it costs more, but u get lifesteal and dmg as well + spellvamp and an active ability. Furthermore rageblad would be nice, Attackspeed, + Ap and AD, perfect for a hybrid ez. Now to all the people who will start cryin':" meeh, ez only spams "Q".."
--> go away, Autoattacks are obligatory on ez.

Modevasion

04-26-2011

this is making hybrid EZ all the more viable... I'm guessing the recent buff to his ult pushed him too far into an AD champ in riot's opinion. Gives his ap counterpart a much needed buff as well.

Lancefighter

04-26-2011

New ez is pretty much similar to Old ez, except he does a little bit more damage from sheen's ap on his ult.