Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


whats up with shields?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoW tauren druid

Senior Member

04-25-2011

jarvan, nocturne, lee sin..and now rumble? someone at riot really likes shields


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PatrickStar

Recruiter

04-25-2011

Well it's Riot's way of making money. Use recycled skills, rename them, sell it for $10 each.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLB Exxel

Senior Member

04-25-2011

Quote:
PatrickStar:
Well it's Riot's way of making money. Use recycled skills, rename them, sell it for $10 each.


It's Riot's way of straying away from heals, actually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoW tauren druid

Senior Member

04-25-2011

Quote:
GoldMalice:
It's Riot's way of straying away from heals, actually.


you're trying to say they would have given each of those champions a heal? somehow i dont think so


also, WHOA SHIELD NEW IDEA 6k IP CHAMP GOGOGO


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeonSpotlight

Recruiter

04-25-2011

Quote:
WoW tauren druid:
you're trying to say they would have given each of those champions a heal? somehow i dont think so


also, WHOA SHIELD NEW IDEA 6k IP CHAMP GOGOGO


Look at Irelia, Renekton, Alistar, Akali (to a lesser extent, spell vamp), Cho'Gath, Mundo, Galio, Gangplank, Gragas, Maokai, Master Yi, Nasus (to a lesser extent, lifesteal), Nunu, Shen, Trundle, Tryndamere, and Warwick.


EVERY champion I have listed is a melee champion with a self-heal, excluding Alistar and Shen. Melee get a shield or a heal. The only couple that don't either jungle (Shaco and Amumu) or have other ways to reduce damage (Poppy and Panth's passives and Eve's passive and stealth).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonton55

Senior Member

04-25-2011

IMO shields should only stay on support. Then there'd actually be a reason to pick "Tanky DPS + Support" over "2 Tanky DPS".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiteTyme

Senior Member

04-25-2011

shields works....i mean there has got to be a way to avoid certain unavoidable deaths like karthus's ult at the most awkward time ever. if i had a shield that may or may not give me a chance to survive as my veil is on cd, versus depending on a support to "rush over and healz meh" i'd be a little annoyed.

besides, it's not like these shields are game breaking....like jarvan's shield blocks at best a couple hundred damage at a time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoW tauren druid

Senior Member

04-25-2011

Quote:
NeonSpotlight:
Look at Irelia, Renekton, Alistar, Akali (to a lesser extent, spell vamp), Cho'Gath, Mundo, Galio, Gangplank, Gragas, Maokai, Master Yi, Nasus (to a lesser extent, lifesteal), Nunu, Shen, Trundle, Tryndamere, and Warwick.


EVERY champion I have listed is a melee champion with a self-heal, excluding Alistar and Shen. Melee get a shield or a heal. The only couple that don't either jungle (Shaco and Amumu) or have other ways to reduce damage (Poppy and Panth's passives and Eve's passive and stealth).


and lee sin and nocturne already have self heal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspeak

Senior Member

04-25-2011

If Annie didn't have a shield, Brand would've gotten one too


1