whats up with shields?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoW tauren druid

04-25-2011

jarvan, nocturne, lee sin..and now rumble? someone at riot really likes shields

PatrickStar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Well it's Riot's way of making money. Use recycled skills, rename them, sell it for $10 each.

SLB Exxel

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Well it's Riot's way of making money. Use recycled skills, rename them, sell it for $10 each.
It's Riot's way of straying away from heals, actually.

WoW tauren druid

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMalice View Post
It's Riot's way of straying away from heals, actually.
you're trying to say they would have given each of those champions a heal? somehow i dont think so

also, WHOA SHIELD NEW IDEA 6k IP CHAMP GOGOGO

NeonSpotlight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoW tauren druid View Post
you're trying to say they would have given each of those champions a heal? somehow i dont think so

also, WHOA SHIELD NEW IDEA 6k IP CHAMP GOGOGO
Look at Irelia, Renekton, Alistar, Akali (to a lesser extent, spell vamp), Cho'Gath, Mundo, Galio, Gangplank, Gragas, Maokai, Master Yi, Nasus (to a lesser extent, lifesteal), Nunu, Shen, Trundle, Tryndamere, and Warwick.

EVERY champion I have listed is a melee champion with a self-heal, excluding Alistar and Shen. Melee get a shield or a heal. The only couple that don't either jungle (Shaco and Amumu) or have other ways to reduce damage (Poppy and Panth's passives and Eve's passive and stealth).

Wonton55

04-25-2011

IMO shields should only stay on support. Then there'd actually be a reason to pick "Tanky DPS + Support" over "2 Tanky DPS".

NiteTyme

04-25-2011

shields works....i mean there has got to be a way to avoid certain unavoidable deaths like karthus's ult at the most awkward time ever. if i had a shield that may or may not give me a chance to survive as my veil is on cd, versus depending on a support to "rush over and healz meh" i'd be a little annoyed.

besides, it's not like these shields are game breaking....like jarvan's shield blocks at best a couple hundred damage at a time.

WoW tauren druid

04-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSpotlight View Post
Look at Irelia, Renekton, Alistar, Akali (to a lesser extent, spell vamp), Cho'Gath, Mundo, Galio, Gangplank, Gragas, Maokai, Master Yi, Nasus (to a lesser extent, lifesteal), Nunu, Shen, Trundle, Tryndamere, and Warwick.

EVERY champion I have listed is a melee champion with a self-heal, excluding Alistar and Shen. Melee get a shield or a heal. The only couple that don't either jungle (Shaco and Amumu) or have other ways to reduce damage (Poppy and Panth's passives and Eve's passive and stealth).
and lee sin and nocturne already have self heal

Dreamspeak

04-25-2011

If Annie didn't have a shield, Brand would've gotten one too