Tri-lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aiprix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-11-2011

I've been playing a bit of HoN lately (let the flame war begin =/ ) and watching some of the high level play in it. Tri-lanes are really common, why are they not even really heard of in LoL? The only reason I can really think of is because jungling is much more prominent in LoL then HoN and looked at with pretty much a "do or die" mentality.

For those who don't know what the tri-lane layout is or how the tactic works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00lbJc9J0Oo

Panuar25

05-11-2011

It also has to do with you being able to trade items between characters and the general economy of HoN being different than LoL. Tri lanes could be useful in LoL if you can pull off a lot of ganks, but more than likely you'll just end up eating away XP.

Also levels matter a lot more in LoL than HoN for pretty much all characters.

djudjud14

05-11-2011

because players have no ability to control the creep equilibrium.
in HoN/dota, players have the ability to kill their own creeps and of course, creep pulling (pull the jungle creeps so that your creeps will follow those jungle creeps to the jungle).

by doing those 2, you can keep opponents creeps near your tower all day long (but not close enough for the tower to attack them).

Joosga

05-15-2011

I have played a tri-lane game in LOL. It can work if you have a very good low level tower taker (Caitlin) and a very good low level creep pusher (Zilean). The only reason to do it is to get mid tower quickly though. You end up under leveled, but have greater map control.