Prioty for leveing Ryze spells?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rararyan

03-03-2010

What do you level first? I usually go Rune Prison to 5 first and then keep Spell Flux and Overload at the same level.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

rune prison? seriously? how on earth could you think that would be a good idea?

spell flux > rune prison > overload

k3vbomb

03-03-2010

i usually go spell flux 5 as quick as possible. then rune prison and nuke last. ult when you can ofcourse. i like the bouncing aoe with mr debuff.

Zohariel

03-03-2010

If you go for Tear of the Goddess / Archangel's straight away (and I do) then Overload powers itself up without you ever having to put more than one point in it. Focus on your snare and Spell Flux since both are absolutely necessary for the massive burst damage you're known for. Overload will take care of itself.

1. Overload
2. Rune Prison
3. Spell Flux
4-5. Rune Prison
6. Desperate Power
7. Spell Flux
8. Rune Prison
9. Spell Flux
10. Rune Prison
11. Desperate Power
12-13. Spell Flux
14-15. Overload
16. Desperate Power
17-18. Overload

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

I first get all 3 spells. Spell flux @ lvl 1, since it brutal if your trying for a first blood. 2nd I get is rune prison, the snare helps harassment, then overload. After that I level rune prison up to 4. I stop at 4 because it's 2 seconds at that point, 5 is only 2.5 seconds, a .5 increase, meh. Then I load out flux because overload's damage is based mostly on your mana pool.

Rune prison, btw is what makes ryze a 1v1 god early-mid game.

Volkier

03-03-2010

I get 1 into each starting with Spell flux, Rune prison to 4 for early killing potential with a partner, then max spell flux for team fight AoE and pushing towers.

If I were soloing mid, then I could see focusing spell flux first, but I would think it would hurt my chances of ganking top or bottom at around level 6 or 7.

Lysergsaure

03-03-2010

Generally, I take Overload first to harass. Then I level Rune Prison to 4 (taking ranks in my ult as soon as they become available and putting a point or two in spell flux when the game forces you to) until champion level 8 or 9. I forget which. Then, I'll start maxing spell flux, taking the last rank of Rune Prison at 13, and finally maxing overload.

WasabiCannon

03-03-2010

This just depends on your play style.
Personally I find that I do well with just going 1 in spell flux 2 in rune prison then 1 in overload then just going rune prison when I can and spell flux when I cant.

Edyll

03-03-2010

Buy Spell Flux first in order to harass with (longest range, good bounce damage)
Don't level it up again for a while because each additional level adds only 15 damage (ideally +45 damage if it hits a target 3 times), it's best trait is the -15MR it stacks, and that doesn't go up with level.
Next get Rune Prison, because that gives him so much dominance, especially vs. melee
Finally Overload, and level that up too. Its only +40 dmg/level, which is why Rune Prison is always your first leveling choice.

ironstove

03-04-2010

Yea, rune prison is his best skill. Like an exhaust when maxed but better imo.

So put one point in each skill, then max RP then SF then OL. Ult when possible.

You can switch up at what point you level rune prison up to like the people in the thread said. I figure it only takes about 1 second for spell flux to completely fire off all bounces, so you can get level 2 RP and max SF so you can go out for an early 1v1 kill, just flash, RP then SF when ult on ofc. That is usually insta death for any hero minus a few beefy tanks that go life items first ect...

But generally, it's not a good idea to blow your flash spell for a kill unless it is absolutely necessary, and even then, you're giving up your main escape tool with a mage hero, so a more solid/defensive/support build would def be to max RP first. You need to have pretty good timing and some luck to pull off maxing SF well. I find if you're up against good players, then it is not a good idea to max SF, but if you're up against noobs, then hey, why not? Generally most pros have a means to escape the very rudimentary strategy of flash, grab, nuke ect....