Evidence to proof Low ELO Hell probably exists, and the injustice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best player EU

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC DaFORCE View Post

4. Normal games are a joke. There are games where there's no tank, no jungler. There are people with missing rune pages, leavers, feeders, ragers, quitters etc. There will be people playing a champ for the first time. There will be people that don't ward, don't dragon, don't baron, don't gank, don't support, don't push, and don't speak english. Therefore don't treat normal games as an indication of your skills. There's just too much randomness going on so stay with ranked games if you want to get better. Normal games are for people to test run new champs/builds and for losers who can't handle the competition in ranked games.

Feel free to buddy list me.
Believe it or not this actually happens just as much in ranked games....

I Barricade I

05-27-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=780059

see my reply in this thread for tips / opinions on how to improve your elo / why you deserve elo hell. long but (imo) a worthy read.

I Barricade I

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyWilco View Post
Believe it or not this actually happens just as much in ranked games....
only in elo hell

Best player EU

06-13-2011

One of my higher elo friends who i normally duo que with has told me if I just play ranked solo que then I should slowly get out.... hopefully. I finish my exams on the 17th of June and have a whole 10 weeks with nothing to do except play LoL. I will dedicate this time doing ranked solo, ranked 5 vs 5, and ranked 3 vs 3.

I will post back here if I finally do what so many players dream of. ESCAPE LOW ELO! (95% chance I will end up at >500 but still... worth a shot )

DuffTime

06-13-2011

Quote:
One of my higher elo friends who i normally duo que with has told me if I just play ranked solo que then I should slowly get out.... hopefully. I finish my exams on the 17th of June and have a whole 10 weeks with nothing to do except play LoL. I will dedicate this time doing ranked solo, ranked 5 vs 5, and ranked 3 vs 3.

I will post back here if I finally do what so many players dream of. ESCAPE LOW ELO! (95% chance I will end up at >500 but still... worth a shot )
Don't say that There is power in belief, and you should have the mind frame that you WILL BE where you BELONG!

You should always think you're BETTER than the rest, and that you should WIN WIN WIN!

Objectively, and always improving yourself, but with the mindset that you're good enough to win every game no matter HOW BAD the guy in your bot lane is. =) That's my outlook anyway.

Razzishi

06-13-2011

If you play "above your Elo" you should increase in rating. In the long term. Unfortunately, the variance is so high you likely need to play hundreds of games to have your rating be significantly correlated with your skill level.

sn3aks

06-14-2011

Quote:
Right so i am as many say a regular LoL player. I play pretty much every day for at least a few hours. I mainly play normal but i really wish i could play ranked. I don't for one big reason. It just isn't enjoyable.

It seems as though i lose 90% of ranked. My elo is currently about 1110. It was 900 but i managed to carry my team back up as nocturne and won 10 games in a row. Now the evidence i have that Low ELO Hell exists is simply the fact that im a pretty decent player and am 1110 elo, whereas my friend who i am significantly better than is about 1300 elo.

I know I am not that bad a player for some simple reasons.
1- My KDA on almost every champ in ranked is about 3:0 compared to my friends average of about 1:1

2- I have actually been complimented by High Elo players who say i am a good player. One player was 1900+ Elo. He complimented me on how good i was considering my elo was about 1100. I have also had various 1500+ players add me after i outperform them in custom games.

3- A few days ago i played a player who was 1600+ Elo in a friendly solomid competition. I beat him 3 out of the 4 rounds we played. He told me i was a very good player... added me as a friend, and actually asked me to help him improved.

I later found he was actually in the Official Solomid competition sponsored by Riot.
Ok solomid is very different to an actualy game. But it shows at least that i have the principal skills needed to do well. The most annoying thing about all of this is that my friend is still nearly 200 elo higher than me, yet many of those wins were me carrying him, and more annoying still is when i check his score in ranked and he gets scores such as 3/10/3.... and still wins whereas i have my 10/1/10 and still lose...

Its not that i dont help the team i mean i buy wards, constantly help out teammates, and no longer rage but instead offer advice or just say politely "please dont take my blue buff next time morde".

I really do feel a lot of injustice in this game at the moment and i do think that the determining factor of many people elo is there first few games.
I lost about my first 8 out of the 10 ranked i played before i realized that there was no point playing tanks when your carry has 10 cs and is 0/10.
My friend however won about his first 6 which put him in a very good position where he often gets carried by teammates.

Please reply if anyone else has had similar experiences and good luck in your future ranked matches
i see it too

IS1a420802574b139f7409f

06-14-2011

Elo hell exists and there is no denying it. i have a friend whose got an a smurf at like 900 and another account at like 1700. she crashed her smurf as a joke, by playing ap ashe and cant get it out of elo hell now that she is actually playing it. you can say she deserves it (i do all the time) but still proves elo hell exists. hell, she was part of elo hell while crashing it the account playing ap ashe.