How to counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallandras View Post
Ryze is a fantastic Jax counter - as soon as Jax jumps in, Ryze can pop all his spells on Jax with his ult up and get all 5 bounces of spell flux to do their AE to him. This does mean that your Ryze isn't all up ins their team's face with that AE, but late game Jax is still dead for more than a minute, during which time Ryze will probably get to use his ult on their team again, and have it ready for when Jax respawns.

Jax players are some of the most vocal whiners in the "Ryze is OP" threads, especially since they don't get shut down very easily by anyone else.

Anyone who does a lot of damage through not auto-attacking is good, though. I have shut down Jaxes with a Veigar, myself. Requires blowing my ult and DFG, but that's true of almost any high HP hero that gets in my face as Veigar.
ryze is a counter to any champion, and a jax who jumps on ryze is absolutely worthless.

ironstove

03-03-2010

I don't think SOTD is very useful against jax. I have gone sword in like half of my games against a jax and I get mixed results. Really just depends on the team. And thought jax has a high damage output, up against a 5 man team, he is pretty useless in the teamfight category unless you just have ******ed teammates that don't know how to group and organize because a jax is only good against a few heroes whereas in a team-push setting, he is like having a master yi i.e. all damage and just jumps on one hero. That one hero just needs to GTFO and not let jax kill him, then run back when jax gets off their tail.

This is why if you're that person that jax is focusing and the rest of your team fails, well that isn't jax being broken, but the rest of your team failing.

End rant.

(Btw, I don't play jax)

Malduk

03-03-2010

So, what we learned from this thread is:
A) Jax can NOT solo a 5 man team.
B) It is easy to counter him - when you see Jax, everyone should just unload everything they have on the little fellow.

I have no idea why they nerfed him on test realm.

Azing

03-03-2010

Well now... Jax's natural counter is magic, though with the changes to him hes not so easy fodder to casters now with his buffed HP pool, specially with a banshee's veil (which a good jax will get). Really focus him down after getting a squishy DPS. Hes to tanky to focus down on his own even with his dps, specially considering he can stun anyone around. He can only really be CCed as best as possible and ignored until only him and a tank are up.

Soundgarden

03-03-2010

DPS get Sword of the Divine.

Stun him, and get casters to focus fire on him.