How to counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyrot3k

03-03-2010

Ok, i played several games since the last patch.
i play since mid open beta and i never had that much problems with a jax. yes, if they get feedet, they raped. if they played "normal" they were still annoying as hell, more than any other meleedpschamp out there, but since the last patch its just freaking stupid.

i dont know, maybe iam just too bad, but how the heck can a jax, that died in the first 10 minutes 5 times, rape us at lategame like hell even if he didnt got feedet a single bit (he had at this point around 2/8/3 stats or something like that)

actually a jax got, high dmg output, a escape ability that he can use to attack too, high amounts of life, around 20-40% dodge, a aoe stun and a high amount of burst dmg. who else got that?

anyways, iam mostly playing annie the last few days and sometimes singed. most of the times i got no problems with them at early, but at mid, they start to just kill me in every single teamfight before we even can kill him. after we killed him, we still have 4 opponents left and there probaly 1-4 of us already death ... we coudnt focus him down, but in that case he just jumps around like a rabbit on drugs and kills everyone.

had just a game with a jax that hittet me with his jump + his new ex-charge-ability for about 80% of my hp, one hit more and i was death. great !

shoud i now take with every caster a tankbuild or what?

i dont wanna die all the time after 5 seconds in a teamfight in every single game ... -.-

Voidgolem

03-03-2010

Hang back a few seconds then nuke face off.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrot3k View Post
Ok, i played several games since the last patch.
i play since mid open beta and i never had that much problems with a jax. yes, if they get feedet, they raped. if they played "normal" they were still annoying as hell, more than any other meleedpschamp out there, but since the last patch its just freaking stupid.

i dont know, maybe iam just too bad, but how the heck can a jax, that died in the first 10 minutes 5 times, rape us at lategame like hell even if he didnt got feedet a single bit (he had at this point around 2/8/3 stats or something like that)

actually a jax got, high dmg output, a escape ability that he can use to attack too, high amounts of life, around 20-40% dodge, a aoe stun and a high amount of burst dmg. who else got that?

anyways, iam mostly playing annie the last few days and sometimes singed. most of the times i got no problems with them at early, but at mid, they start to just kill me in every single teamfight before we even can kill him. after we killed him, we still have 4 opponents left and there probaly 1-4 of us already death ... we coudnt focus him down, but in that case he just jumps around like a rabbit on drugs and kills everyone.

had just a game with a jax that hittet me with his jump + his new ex-charge-ability for about 80% of my hp, one hit more and i was death. great !

shoud i now take with every caster a tankbuild or what?

i dont wanna die all the time after 5 seconds in a teamfight in every single game ... -.-
Who are you playing when you get owned by him?

Easy counters:
- Harass early game with ranged
- Sword of the Divine
- Casters focusing him
- Gank when laning alone
- Deny him experience if you are a ranged class (part of the harass part)
- Crowd control him

There are others but yea...that's basically hit. He isn't "great" til he abuses his passive by getting items so early game is his weakness.

Try playing a DPS teemo with Exhaust and HP runes. Jax really cannot touch you if played correctly. Constantly harass/deny experience by blinding shot/poisoning when possible. Lure him into strategically placed mushrooms. Exhaust him if he leaps towards you.

Iron Bible

03-03-2010

Flee for your life!

Srsly though. Crowd control is the name of the game. If playing as annie, have stun up before engaging. Initiate with fireball, deathfire if you've got it, tibbers, cone, and if your team is halfway competent he's dead. Your shield doesn't hurt either if you don't mind picking up a level at 7 or 8.

Problem comes in where the other team's casters are nuking off your face during this initial exchange. you shouldn't have to focus jax first and sacrifice making hamburger of the other team's squishies. I think he's a bit imba at this point and should have either his tankiness or his dmg output nerfed. In the meantime though, he is killable, even if it leaves you in a suboptimal position for the rest of the fight.

Nucmam

03-03-2010

I have a question about sword of the divine. Does it make all of your attacks none dodgable or just every 4. I know its a noob question but I just want to be sure.

I think saying nuking jax with casters is a little oversimplified. In champion select we don't know who we're going up against sometimes one caster is just not enough to stop him. Yea casters are probably the best counter for jax but its not always there at your disposal. I think they made Jax too easy to use and will probably get nerfed. I think how often you see him now is proof of that. Just like how Tryn and TF was in everygame back then.

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

As a Jax player, I can attest to the fact that harassing early is one of the best ways. We are super squishy early.

Caster focus will rock him too.

Focus him early on in a team fight before he can build stacks of guinsoo and his ultimate.

Many Jax's get pretty Ramboesque and will charge in. Fade your team back to pull him out front and then rock him.

The Promise

03-03-2010

The portion of SotD that makes your attacks undodgeable is an activate for the item. Pop it, and for 5 seconds you can't be dodged and you get the 30 ArP.

And yes, they did over-buff Jax, though his new Passive is the biggest problem. His damage is too high relative to his health once he gets some items. His damage is about the same level as other melee carries, but his HP and general survivability is simply too high with the kind of output he has.

Doctor Dreidel

03-03-2010

What makes lategame Jax a problem are the following:

1.) High HP;
2.) Good damage output;
3.) High dodge

What makes lategame Jax manageable are the following:

1.) No CC or built-in escapes from hard CC (like Remove Scurvy);
2.) No armor;
3.) No magic resist

Jax's best initiation skill has him jumping into your team. Hard CC (stun, fear) shuts him down, and if he's in the middle of five friendly champs, his 3-4k HP will to evaporate.

On top of that, unless he builds for it (and takes time off of DPS and therefore HP), Jax has almost no magic resist. Your caster should have stacked mpen runes and might want sorc boots. With a negative magic resist, Jax goes down hard if Ryze/Annie/Fiddles focus-fire him.

Pwnacus Maximus

03-03-2010

Shut us down early, just like Ryze. That or a bunch of cc, we don't hold up very well against cc.

Kallandras

03-03-2010

Ryze is a fantastic Jax counter - as soon as Jax jumps in, Ryze can pop all his spells on Jax with his ult up and get all 5 bounces of spell flux to do their AE to him. This does mean that your Ryze isn't all up ins their team's face with that AE, but late game Jax is still dead for more than a minute, during which time Ryze will probably get to use his ult on their team again, and have it ready for when Jax respawns.

Jax players are some of the most vocal whiners in the "Ryze is OP" threads, especially since they don't get shut down very easily by anyone else.

Anyone who does a lot of damage through not auto-attacking is good, though. I have shut down Jaxes with a Veigar, myself. Requires blowing my ult and DFG, but that's true of almost any high HP hero that gets in my face as Veigar.