Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Xixor, the Man-Machine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiggleFist

03-03-2010

So I'm not going too in depth with Lore and everything, but the basic idea is that Xixor was an engineer for the army of Noxus. He was obsessed with fusing flesh with machines. and had developed a weapon too powerful to mass produce. So he burned the plans and escaped with his only prototype, a cannon that absorbs and focuses mana.

Appearance - Half man, half robot, with a giant gun for an arm.

Health: Weak
Attack: Strong
Spells: Medium
Difficulty: No Clue

Xixor will be unique in the fact that he starts with an empty mana bar. He must use physical attacks to fill it up. The maximum mana he can hold increases with level, but items that increase mana or mana regen have no effect. (Kind of like Mordekaiser, but the bar doesn't steadily drain or fill)

Basic attack: Mana cannon - Xixor fires a bolt of energy from his cannon, dealing physical damage.

[Passive] Charge Pulse - 10% of physical damage dealt gets returned as mana

[Q] Laser Bolt - Xixor's main ability. Fires a fast moving laser beam in a straight line, which deals full damage and passes through any enemies within range. As the laser travels beyond that range, its damage diminishes to 50% at double range, and it stops when it hits an enemy.
Damage: 65/105/145/185/225
Mana Cost: 25/30/35/40/45
Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5

[W] Mana Pump - Toggle Ability. Xixor charges his shots with extra mana, adding ability power to his shots as magic damage. The percentage of ability power added depends on level.
AP scaling per level: 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7
Mana Cost Per Shot: 10/15/20/25/30

[E] Ion Mine - Xixor plants a mine (stealthed) at a target location. Enemies stepping on the mine get dealt damage and 50% percent of that damage gets returned as mana to Xixor. (The idea is that he will gain more mana than he used to plant the mine)
Damage: 80/120/180/220/260
Mana Cost: 20/30/40/50/60
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14

[R] Discharge - Xixor drains all his mana and fires a concentrated burst at a target, dealing damage equal to the mana drained plus his ability power.
Damage: Equal to mana drained
Mana Cost: All available
Cooldown: 100/85/70

Those are the basics, not much more I can think of. Basically this champion will be limited by the amount of mana he can generate from physical attacks. However, at later levels, when he can keep filling his mana bar, he can cross over to AP and dominate late game.

He would have to have a fairly low cap on his mana bar at level 18, or else his ult would do godly damage. I'd say around 500 would be plenty, since his abilities won't cost much to begin with. So if he were to gain 20 max mana per lvl, he'd start with 140. That would be 240 at lvl 6, 340 at lvl 11, and 440 at lvl 16, with 480 at lv 18.

This champion combines physical DPS with burst damage. His Laser Bolt and Ion mines are designed for early level harass/farm, while mana pump can be leveled up later game to add extra damage and carry.

Of course, every character has a weak point. This one needs to be doing constant damage in order to keep his mana bar filled. Also, his ult drains every last drop of mana with no way of getting more unless you keep autoattacking.

Questions? Thoughts? Comments? I welcome all feedback.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munkey20

03-03-2010

I actually had an idea like this the other day. I think his max mana should be around 600-900, thats not really overpowered. Would he still benefit from items that give mana regen?