Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lizard and Golem Buffs - Who benefits the most?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashtorath

03-03-2010

I laugh to myself when I see yet another guide suggest "...and get the ____ buff every time it's up."

There are a ton of classes that greatly benefit from each of the neutral buffs, and I've seen a lot of contention over who deserves them. So, riddle me this, who benefits the most?

Golem
Udyr? Thrives on mana and CD reduction.
Ryze? Scales exponentially with CD reduction and needs the mana to drive it.
Just about any other mana sponge?
The carry?

Lizard
Fast attack range? (Teemo/Twitch)
Junglers/Assassins? (Yi/Warwick)
Whoever is solo'ing the dragon?
The carry?

Grovel

03-03-2010

Haha, no kidding. I'd love a guide that tried to settle this dispute of prioritizing buffs among the champs.

Lizard seems a little more straight forward, whoever your strongest physical carry/auto attacker is, although more helpful on Melee carries who can't otherwise keep targets from running away, Jax, Yi, Warwick although perfectly viable for Trist, Twitch, or Teemo.

WIthout thinking too hard I Golem should ideally go to the champs with the most mana problems early- Anivia, Fiddles, Shaco, etc. Later, when mana is less of an issue, it seems more ideal to get Golem for the CD reduction. Although this could benefit just about anyone, it's probably more helpful to a champ who really shines thanks to their long CD ultimate (Fiddles & Malphite immediately come to mind).

The Promise

03-03-2010

Nidalee needs Golem and Lizard from both sides at the same time every game. =D

BobiusMaximus

Recruiter

03-03-2010

When you get to higher ELO it becomes a lot easier, as players are generally not morons.

For instance, Alistar has no business running around with Golem or Lizard Buff, whilst Corki is justified in having both.

Ashe doesn't need Lizard buff late game as her frost arrow will always be active, but most ranged carries can benefit from it due to the slow.

StretchyStretch

03-03-2010

Basically if you can use it get it. I mostly see any old jungler get both as he sweeps across the map, which can be annoying if i want it, but really anyone who wants it is free to take it. Also there are two of each buff so try to get to the enemy jungle and take theirs.

Voidgolem

03-03-2010

Lizard - Any ranged carry that isn't Ashe. Melee carries (Mundo especially)

Golem - Casters, people what need mana/CDR (Veigar, Fiddle, Malphite, Blitzcrank)

People what jungle well typically get both. And then die from overconfidence >.>

MrRumble

03-03-2010

Sion makes excellent use of both buffs, but at different stages of the game.

Golem early, because Sions mana pool is ****.
Lizard Mid game, to enhance sheen/lich comboing (shield whack whack, stun, whack whack, boom, whack whack) While they're slowed makes it easer to get full benefit from procs.

xahhfink6

03-03-2010

For golem, I would say long cooldown ultimates that help the team, especially on characters that cant afford to buy many CDR items... the one that comes to mind first is Karthus, although gangplank, fiddles, Zilean (before he maxes cooldown), AP teemo, Ashe, TF, or Soraka all have good reason to get it.

ralphinator

03-03-2010

Lizard: Ranged carrys, melee if none.

Golem: Kassadin, Annie, Annivia, Karthus, Fiddle, Ryze, Veigar. Not the only ones, but the best imo.

Zeba

03-03-2010

If you're low-mid elo and play eve she benefits one of the most if not the most of all champions