Is AD/crit Shaco viable without runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AceSkyheart

03-03-2010

Can someone post a vid of a good match with AP shaco, because i've never seen a good one. Every AP shaco I've gone up agaisnt has been crushed by my AD shaco. Also the guy who was wondering about rushing infinity edge first. I usually start off with boots and 3 health pots. Then I usually get enough kills to get a B.F sword pretty early in the game. Then that increases my damage so much that i get more kills so that I have infinity edge pretty early. Then from there its usually GG

Stoneglacier

03-03-2010

Don't wait until lv 30 to buy tier 3 runes, that is silly.

Buy a full page of tier 1 runes. They are about 50% of the effectiveness for 8% of the cost or something like that.

If you save ALL of your IP until 20 to buy t3 runes, I don't think you'll even have enough to purchase half of a page...but I could be wrong...I forget how much IP you get before then.

Agrippa619

03-03-2010

Ok....I just suck at Shaco or i am doing something wrong.First,i dont do much damage till super late game,with Infinity edge.Second,i just CANT gank anyone,except for lucky kill steals...i mean,there are always at least 2 heroes together,even if one is mid hp,if i decieve and crit behind him,i always die without even getting the kill....and teamfights are just...impossible to approach.

Some good Shaco vids (full games) would be helpful.

Alucard628

03-03-2010

I dont play AP shaco, it just doesn't feel right to me. But if you're going AD I start with two mana and health pots and an elixir of fortitude. this gives you a huge boost in the first few minutes and will usually get you atleast first blood if not a few more kills.
After that i stack longswords and boots 1 if i feel like i need them real early. turn two longswords into a brutalizer and if you're getting lots of kill/assists turn the other into the blade of the occult. If you feel like you need it feel free to through a lifesteal scepter in there somewhere and then rush BF sword to Infin edge. after that just go for high damage items so your deceive just dominates people. if you end up having to stick around in a fight for longer get somethin with attack speed and some other nice stat to help that out.

Xender

03-03-2010

ive never played ap shaco and i have yet to meet a good one. i just recently started playing shaco but I started playing shaco the way wickd plays him. more of a support build that isnt as squishy. he streams often and has old vod's of some of his games.

i usually go:
meki+2 hp pots
chalice
boots
aegis or starks, depending on how many casters they have
then either upgrade to merc treads or get a phage

after that theres many options to go. bloodthirster, black cleaver, brutilizer, last whisper, and IE are all good items to go with

Ninexbreaker

03-03-2010

items should look like this

boots 3 health pots
back with leet gold for brutalizer
get boots of mobility
sword of the occult
last whisper

all these items can be gotten fast and early if played right

end game items

infin edge
bloodthirster

i don't play shaco defensively item wise, use his skills and map awareness to keep yourself alive.

Use jitb in your lane to widen your view dont just stack to get kills, use them to see if people are otw to gank. also place them at neutral creeps to catch junglers in the act.

as shaco you will be moving around a lot, so don't waste time standing around for kills to happen, only go where you k now you can get a kill, or at least an assist. always get golem . dont get jitb till level 4 unless you want to rush golem. I usually go q,e,e,w,r then max e then q. i start with more in two shiv for the fact that the on use and slow will get you more kills then the extra dmg from deceive will early game.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...+Sayajin+Shaco

is a good guide if you need it. have to queue up sorry all for now.

sneakyaznla

03-03-2010

i have a rather interesting if not weird build for shaco, but nontheless an effective one for me. I start off with a sapphire crystal with 2 health pots. The crystal lets me use my deceive more early game and be more aggressive. I then turn it into a sheen which allows me to hit for more damage with deceive. I then build it into a trinity force which i fine more useful than a lich's bane. I do go for berserker's greaves or mercury treads if needed after i get the sheen. the trinity force is great for sheen buff, then added slow so you can kill an opponent if they run away or can be used to run if needed. after the trinity force i go for a malady for attack speed and life steal. the game is usually done for me by this time, but if it is not i would then build an I.E.

Digitalcandy

03-04-2010

My Shaco build...

Sword of Occult
Boots of Mobility
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver
Madred's
Guardian Angel

Sesame chicken

03-04-2010

Your play style might not fight to AD shaco. Ad tends to run into a 1v1 and then do his thing while sitting there and attacking... this leads to more deaths due to more time spent in close combat. It is impossible with 2 heroes and forces you to need a partner. An Ap shaco can easily jump in... kill the squishiest target then either A. Leave before people notice some 1 died, or B. Move on to attack the next person.

Also check your summoner skills, i find ignite/Flash suits my play style and allows me many different options to help burn down enemies.

Please do not forget that Shaco is not a support... Shaco is an assassin purposefully built for ganking and surprise attacks. You need to fully utilize every skill, and Ap allows you to get the most out of them while still (with minimal runes and personal experience) crit 400 damage before 18 without deceive. Not to mention your shiv will hit for 1k+ if done right... sorry for the constant Ap push but seriously try it and see what fits your play style.

With that DO NOT FORGET TO MICRO MANAGE THE MINIMAP! this is the most crucial part about Shaco. Play the map not the creeps...gg

I think with Ad you do sacrifice some ganking abilities but you are able to push a lane much harder without teammates. This would be more of a reason to be Ad than anything else. but if your loosing in fights, you might be meant more for Ap style.

What programs can i record my games with? I would gladly post a video of me as Ap Shaco.

If anyone with a supposed good Ad Shaco wants to try to take on my Ap Shaco please add me as a friend. I would love to meet one that can show me a thing or 2 about benefits of Ad over Ap. I respect Ad but do not agree with it. This is mainly curiosity as i have always been interested in ad but never had 1 good enough to prove it nor been able to pwn me.