Is AD/crit Shaco viable without runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agrippa619

03-03-2010

Hi,so I just bought Shaco.I'm level 13,so I still don't have any runes, I'm waiting to level 20 to get tier 3 runes.

Is it possible to play a non AP Shaco without runes? Should I forget the champion till I get tier 3 runes? or should I get tier 1 runes?

If a AD/Crit Shaco is viable, can you guys give me some advice? Items,etc.

Thank you in advance.

GreyPowerVan

03-03-2010

Yes,the only 'runes' I had when I started playing AD shaco was a couple of ****ty tier 1-2's..

The secret to playing shaco... look at your team.

If you have annie ryze soraka and alistar, you MIGHT want to go AD.

If you have teemo, soraka, trist, and ashe.... go AP

sierskan

03-03-2010

Rune does help getting first blood though, but in low lvls you mainly face other low lvls so you should do fine without 'em . For crit shaco that is, ap ? i'd say you don't have enough magic pen

Sesame chicken

03-03-2010

The runes are actually not to big of a deal if you play shaco right... it HELPS A LOT, and furthurs your pwnage but not necessary if you play him right.

I play AP shaco (my favorite and i believe its better in every way) and i am just turned lvl 15 this morning. I just bought my first runes yesterday since i saw a good deal on mark of combatant. I now give over 14% crit damage, and honestly i see a difference but it doesn't change my play style or give me more kills. Play shaco and learn him well... you should do well regardless of your runes.

gun fu panda

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyPowerVan View Post
Yes,the only 'runes' I had when I started playing AD shaco was a couple of ****ty tier 1-2's..

The secret to playing shaco... look at your team.

If you have annie ryze soraka and alistar, you MIGHT want to go AD.

If you have teemo, soraka, trist, and ashe.... go AP
Why is Soraka always on my team? Do the queue gods hate me?

sneakyaznla

03-03-2010

i am a lvl 30 summoner and by no means a pro. i am somewhere in the middle. shaco is one of my favorite champions to play. i personally don't think it is mandatory to have runes, but they do help like everyone else has said. if you can play him well then you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Agrippa619

03-03-2010

How do you guy play him? I just lost again as Shaco,i do little damage,and have little survability.I need tips D:

sneakyaznla

03-03-2010

i play him as a assassin/ganker. i change lanes sometimes just to gank. make use of your deceive. it is his best skill for AD shaco. try to get behind the player also, you do more damage this way because of his passive. save the two shiv poison in case they try to run away so you can slow them and catch up to kill them. a good idea would also be to set up a jitb behind them a little ways before you fight them.

Agrippa619

03-03-2010

Sounds like a plan.Just a little thing left...Items? Someone told me to rush infity edge...but getting it at lvl 10/12 or so with no other items sounds hard,and a lil bit stupid.

Sesame chicken

03-03-2010

Go Ap and you won't have as much of an issue... Ap > Ad. Learn to use jitb... plus with things like lichbane/ sheen as i do you become semi-hybrid, and by level 13/14 i can crit with normal attack from the front for 300+ plus not to mention your shiv will easily be dropping any squishy below half health from behind and your jitb's do mad damage as they run into them. plus it keeps you out of melee range for longer then you need to.

if you like Ad great, he pushes lanes better but remember the main goal of Shaco, be a sneaky ******* and gank heroes. Your not meant to go up to an enemy and say hello... would you like to fight now, No, your meant to drop him before he knows what hit him, and if you failed, your jitb should have finished the trick, or flashing to the tower with shiv and deceiving away... another reason for Ap btw... infinity edge is the way to go just make sure you have the boots to back it up... i also still think Sheen is amazing for Ad, deceive then + % of base damage > most ad items for the price

but always change lanes, micro manage the mini map, and last but not least play mind games with the other team