[Champion Suggestion]Hawkeye, the Gunslinger.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluttershy53

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Hawkeye, the Gunslinger

Background: When I get more time.

Looks: There are two styles Hawkeye could take, in my opinion a western cowboy-esque style could fit. However, a large rifle with a revolver clip seems cooler. If he had a rifle, many other fashions could suit him as well. Anything from a military man to a cloaked vagrant.

Special: Hawkeye will have no mana bar, but instead have a partitioned silver bar similar to health. It will have six blocks on it, and each physical attack will do one of two things. It will consume one bullet to fire his gun, or cause Hawkeye to move for a pistol whip.

Passive: Locked and Loaded - Each bullet loaded into the chamber of his gun agitates his trigger finger further. For every bullet currently in his gun, Hawkeye recieves a +3% attack speed bonus for up to 4/5/6 seconds after he has fired a round. This bonus stacks.

Q: Russian Roulette: Hawkeye spins the chamber of his gun, and pulls the trigger. For each bullet missing in his gun, he gains 15/20/25/30/35 bonus damage to his attack damage. Likewise, there is a chance he will miss the shot if he lands on an empty chamber. If no bullet is missing, the ability may not be used. This ability can crit, however the bonus damage is not multiplied. Costs 1 bullet.

W: Quick Reload: Active: Hawkeye replaces each empty chamber in an instant. Refills bullets to maximum capacity. Costs 0 bullets. Passive: Each physical attack in which Hawkeye fires a bullet deals +8/16/24/32/40 damage.

E: Rapid Fire: (Subject to rename) Hawkeye empties his clip over target area, dealing damage based on the number of rounds he has loaded. Slows movement speed of each enemy in the area by 5% for 3 seconds, and deals 50/75/100/125/150 plus 15/25/35/45/55 per bullets beyond one. Each extra bullet also slows all enemies within the area of effect an extra 5%. Channel time is .1 second with 1 bullet loaded, and increases by .1 per bullet beyond the first. Costs at least 1 bullet.

R: Headshot: Hawkeye trains his gun on an unfriendly skull, and shoots to kill. After a 1 second channel time, he fires at a single target, inflicting magic damage equal to 15% of the targets maximum HP, plus 200/400/600 damage. The target is silence for three seconds. Costs 1 bullet.

This is just a champion I came up with in almost no time. Perhaps I will fine tune it, however the main idea is to get such an idea out. I hope to see a similar mechanic in upcoming heroes, reworks, and items, because I think it would be quite innovative.

TheDeathstalker

03-02-2010

Biggest problem is the W skill is useless at champion level 1, and worthless to level past the first level of the skill (yeah yeah, probably drops cd, but still, weak).

Simple solution is to have that be completely unncessary. Give him an above average attack speed or damage (as you did), but cause each physical attack to use a bullet, then have a 1.5s reload. For inspiration as to how awesome this could be, rent Metal Gear Solid 3, and fight Oscillot. Preferrably on as hard a difficulty as you can muster. It's epic stuff.

Additionally, the ultimate is a bit weak, just in the sense that it lacks real creativity or fun. Something requiring a lot of skill and/or luck would be great fun.

Just to add to the thought for RR, why not have an indicator above his head with the spinning chamber, and have it apply bonus damage to his next hit, but miss if he fires with an empty chamber at the top (and likewise hit if he auto attacks with a filled chamber up top).

Good luck.

Ripster

03-02-2010

I'd be okay with this if instead of a cowboy hat he wore an Iowa football helmet.

Fluttershy53

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeathstalker View Post
Biggest problem is the W skill is useless at champion level 1, and worthless to level past the first level of the skill (yeah yeah, probably drops cd, but still, weak).
His W skill is something I too have thought on, and have a few ideas for. An example of one of my W thought would be like this:

W: Quick Reload: Active: Hawkeye replaces each empty chamber in an instant. Refills bullets to maximum capacity. Costs 0 bullets. Passive: Each physical attack in which Hawkeye fires a bullet deals +8/16/24/32/40 damage.

As originally stated, I came up with this hero very quickly, and have not yet thought extensively on him. I'll add the above to the original post, because I feel you're right, and it needs a buff.

EDIT: It was already stated in Special that his physical attacks consumed one bullet. If he had no bullets, he moved to pistol whip.

Weretoad

03-02-2010

I LOVE the idea of a cowboy-esque champion, a la the man with no name from the Clint Eastwood films or Roland from Stephen King's Dark Tower series of novels. I would play him.

TheDeathstalker

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoue View Post
EDIT: It was already stated in Special that his physical attacks consumed one bullet. If he had no bullets, he moved to pistol whip.
Ewww... Why not make him gunsling all the time? Losing ranged potential mid fight is a bad thing... I really do think that reloading can be done internally to the hero, make it more exciting that way.

Fluttershy53

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeathstalker View Post
Ewww... Why not make him gunsling all the time? Losing ranged potential mid fight is a bad thing... I really do think that reloading can be done internally to the hero, make it more exciting that way.
Because sometimes, you just can't find a better way to deliver the final blow than with the butt of your trusty six shooter.

Naw but in terms of game mechanics, I also have a few thoughts I hadn't implemented into the first draft. I really like the idea of having ammunition, and being forced to resort to melee if you don't manage it correctly. It adds depth to what would otherwise be a "right click to win" hero.

Having limits on his gun would give room to make his typical attacks more effective than an Ashe who just right clicks, while not being overpowered. I'm thinking the cooldown on W would start at like 10, and end up around 4 at max level. Then with CD reduction, possibly even 2.4 seconds to reload. You can hardly empty your gun before that CD comes back.

Warptal

03-03-2010

make him look like a hippo and he will be boss....since cowboy hippos > everything