A little help with Tryndamere builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnipaG

04-25-2011

1. Brawlers
2. If im not doing so hot finishing enemies, I'll get a exlir of Agility
3. Boots of speed
4. Build Brawlers into Zeal
5. Build boots into Beserker Greaves
6. Vampric Lifesteal
7. I now build my IE, First getting my Cloak
8. Now if im not dieing, I buy a bloodthirster
9. Bloodthirster or Last Whisper
10. Which every i didn't get in 9 ^
11. Upgrade Zeal to Phantom Dancer
12. Rape

VZhao

04-25-2011

I've been having a lot of success with:

1. Brawlers + 2 HP pots
2. Boots
3. Zeal from Brawlers
4. Infinity Edge or Boots of Swiftness/ Merc Treads
5. The Other Item from 4
6. Bloodthirster
7. Last Whisper (Interchangeable with 6)
8. Complete Zeal into Phantom Dancer

Final Build:
Phantom Dancer
Boots
IE
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper

With one more item slot, I either use for wards, elixirs, or if doing really well, another bloodthirster.

EDIT: Ninja'd by previous poster XD

AndersonConagher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-25-2011

If two people are using it, that makes it of some merit. I'll add that.

AndersonConagher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-25-2011

Zhao and Sniper's combo is working pretty well for me at the moment. I think it's a keeper

blazuh

04-26-2011

Personally, i go Jungle Trynd. Trynd isn't a boss laning and the 10% crit from his passive allows him to take Red buff at the beginning if you have a full crit rune page.
Starting off, you grab a cloth armor and 5 health pots. First trip back to base, you grab boots and vampiric scepter. Many people argue that trynd doesn't want alot of life steal because he wants to remain low hp but i think differently. In the end eventually your build will amount to this:
1.boots of your choice depending on what you like
2. Infinity Edge(rushed)
3. Phantom Edge ( the speed and crit really help)
4. Youmuu's Ghostblade (this is the item you use to kill baron in 10 seconds)
5. Bloodthirster ( can always use more attack )
6. Stark's fervor ( attk speed and life steal? thats boss)

KrupsMcGee

04-26-2011

I have two builds I like:
Brawler's -> Avarice Blade -> Ghostblade
Zerker's Greaves
Vamp Scepter -> Stark's
Infinity Edge
Guardian Angel
Quick Silver Sash/Frozen Mallet (depending on their cc)

Get avarice blade then boots then vamp scepter, then finish ghostblade, etc.

or

Brawler's -> zeal -> phantom dancer
Zerker's Greaves
Vamp Scepter -> Blood Thirster
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
Guardian Angel

Build Zeal asap, then boots, vamp scepter, IE, last whisper.

The first build is a little more conservative damage wise, and I am more consistent with this build. If they don't have too much cc then the second build is more devastating generally. In both cases, if you have a hard time dealing with teamfights get a guardian angel sooner.

The biggest mistake I see a lot of trynd players make is waiting too long for lifesteal, which cuts down on your sustainability and fighting potential. Your self heal is great and can keep you in lane but you lose a lot of damage when you burn those stacks and I prefer to keep it handy for clutch situations. Also helps you grab dragon fairly early.

Gormashnit

04-26-2011

Alright - I also Jungle Trynd and here's what I'm currently working with.

Quints: Dodge
Marks: Crit %
Seals: Dodge
Glyphs: AS

Starting item: Vamp scepter
Second Item: Boots

After this it all gets situational - I usually build my vamp scepter into an executioners culling, a massively overlooked item imo. EC offers a lot of crit/lifesteal early and shuts down healing potions early game. Late game, EC pops banshees veils every 20 seconds :3.

Anyways PD and IE sometime in the game blah blah blah.

I'm actually considering reworking my build a bit to include some sort of crit damage (as jungle creeps outside of wraiths don't have armor)

SavagĂȘ

04-26-2011

phantomx3, infinity, bloodthirster, ghostblade
forget boots phantoms speed will give you enough

acosn

04-26-2011

Ok lets break this down for you real simple like...

1: Summoner Spells.
A: Cleanse. No, no arguing. A CC to Tryndamere is like having all your spells locked down as a caster for 5 seconds. A focused Tryndamere is still a problem. A CC'd Tryndamere is a dead one.

B: Ghost, Ignite, Smite or Exhaust. Ghost is the direct choice. Get exhaust and ignite to deal with gimmick teams (IE: double support, Carry-vile, ect) Smite is for jungling obviously. Flash is for mouth breathers that can't be arsed to learn what positioning is. You already have whirling blade- if you can't escape with that AND ghost you weren't meant to live. If you can't get a kill with the two of them AND mocking shout, you weren't meant to get it.

2: Masteries: 21 : 9 : 0
You want just about everything physically oriented for tryndamere in the offense tree. Take CDR over attack speed- you have many options for one of the two, but basically only one for the other. Nine into defense for Nimbleness.

3: Runes:
Reds: Armor pen. Crit trumps this when you KNOW there isn't going to be much breathing room.
Yellows: Dodge. No, no excuses.
Blue: CDR is fine. Otherwise Magic Resist.
Metas: Armor Pen. HP (Flat, or per level) works too if you're the lazy type and want general rune builds.

4: Itemization.
Generally: 2 items with crit, at least one significant life steal dump. Two open slots, and boots.
Too much crit makes your passive useless, and infringes on the whole **** point to your ult (no, it's not JUST about staying alive.) Without Lifesteal you're just useless.

Your core item build is always going to be Boots + infinity edge + Phantom Dancer. That's 65% crit without factoring crit scaled to HP, or runes and masteries.

Infinity Edge is hands down the single most important item for Tryndamere. No arguing. Single largest damage improvement for him. Only thing you can reasonably prioritize over it is your initial brawler's gloves and level 1 boots. You don't want a phantom dancer over it first- in terms of high price marked items AD always trumps attack speed.

"Gee Willikers Acosn, why don't I just stack phantom dancers rather than getting boots?"
For one, it's too expensive. Tryndamere already has a fairly deep-set "carry" period where he can start doing his job. Throwing in 2-3 phantom dancers pushes that back further. Plus, if your head's on straight you'll remember that merc treads (because cleanse is on CD sometimes, and you're never going to see a team with less than three CCs) are more than just movement speed.

"What about your two open slots?"
If you need to deal with tanks grab a last whisperer, or madred's blood razor. If you just want raw damage blood thirsters and / or a black cleaver. Youmuu's is a natural choice for any build because it's literally everything you want.

"What about a QSS?"
What about it? It's useful, fairly inexpensive too. You should only really need it for teams that get exhaust / ignite happy. Yes, it removes those. The only flaw with it is that it's only magic resist, and it's on-use. Merc treads does 3/4ths of that and has movement speed too, and you're getting cleanse anyways.

"What about Lifesteal?"
Short Answer? Blood Thirster. Need more? Another blood thirster.

Long answer: Blood Thirsters are useful so long as you can consistently stay alive. Being realistic there's teams that are just going to be arsed enough to hunt you. There's always another eve hiding for you, and sometimes Karthus just hates you more than the rest of your team. In that case, Stark's is a strong alternative. It cuts enemy armor, and gives attack speed too. Doing half it's effect as an aura doesn't hurt either.

YellowPrism

04-26-2011

TS, just try my build before judging lol if it doesnt work for you then you can throw it out