A little help with Tryndamere builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndersonConagher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

I'm testing a variety of the builds but they seem to progress too slowly for me to be any good and the default suggestions seem to be the only one that does my style justice.

I'm looking for: A Trynd item build that will help me kill things since he's superbly item dependent. As in, I don't want to be bad at killing people until I have the whole dang build.

I also want the build to progress relatively moderately like the default item build. One build told me to get the...what's it called...TRINITY FORCE, yeah. The trinity force as last. I was pretty bad and never ended up getting it because it took so long and it ended up with me getting only one item slot...

LordLegato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

My Personal God build: QSS, IE, PD, Ninja tabi, Ghostblade, Stark's.

Start with Brawler's gloves + 2 pots, build 1st brawler's into Avarice blade, Grab another brawler's glove build into Zeal, now Rush IE (Building Cloak or BFS first) (maybe grab tier 1 boots) If you get shut down, Finish PD first.

AndersonConagher

04-24-2011

thanks, i will try it

ErgonomicAxe

04-24-2011

I jungle Tryndamere, which I think is really strong and overlooked so often. I can give you my runes/masteries, but the long and short of it is that with a leash on lizard he can do his whole jungle by 4:20 with enough life to gank without basing. I think he's best in the jungle, where his laning flaws don't come into play. In any case, I can go through my items.

First off, Tryndamere has the highest damage potential in the game, especially as he needs fewer defensive items. So my setup gets him to high damage quickly, and then focuses on dealing with his biggest issue, which is not being able to stick to characters in order to kill them.

Berserker's Greaves: I get these quickly to charge around the map. Merc treads are often better, but if I see lots of cc I don't play Trynd so I rarely get them. Tabis (vs a pure ad team) and boots of mobility are also viable.
I get an Avarice Blade as soon as possible to start the gold/5. This really helps Trynd make money, and for my fourth finished item (after those below) I'll make it into a Youmuu's Ghostblade. Youmuu's adds another speed boost (other than ghost) as well as amazing stats, including the all-important critical strike.
The Infinity Edge is the most obvious item for Tryndamere, singlehandedly giving him massive damage potential. It's unique ability gives him maybe 12% added total damage, which is ridiculous. It does give him 25% crit though, so between this, the ghostblade, 21 in offense and critical strike marks, you will have 51% crit chance. His passive gives you the rest, so DO NOT INVEST in more crit strike as it's a waste of money. So many guides, including the build above, cannot do basic math with the crit strike.
Finally, a Phage and eventually a Frozen Mallet help Tryndamere stick to enemies so that if he hits them once he'll kill them. In teamfights, this also makes him a pain to burst down, so that he can be a de facto tank and you can neither deal with him nor ignore him.

That's his core build, in my opinion. Other items are dependent on the opponent's team comp and on your style of play. Quicksilver Sash was a good call; I use that quite a bit. My next offensive item is usually the Black Cleaver.

I hope that helps.

AndersonConagher

04-24-2011

I just realized that with the addition of your build into my readme I have...12 builds.

I need to start lowering those down LOL

ErgonomicAxe

04-24-2011

Most builds are just bad. Embarrassing bad. 138% crit chance...try mine first.

AndersonConagher

04-24-2011

I did. Worked pretty well. gonna test it out again tomorrow

YellowPrism

04-24-2011

My build:
1)Knuckles and 2 HP pots
2)Berzerker greaves
3)Infinity Edge
4)Phantom Dancer(build off from your knuckles)
5)Blood Thirster
6)Blood Thirster
7)Panthom Dancer(Sell your boots)
8)With knuckles gone after getting PD, get another Blood thirster

You should never invest in crit chance first if you have no damage to back it up(you're only relying on your Q if you do this), trust me..one time this trynd i was fighting against had pure crit items in the early game and i was trying to take a tower and it took him like 11 hits to kill me..i wasnt full hp..(i took the tower btw), same with attack speed, attack speed doesnt mean anything if u dont do any damage.
This way you wont even need to stick to your enemy to kill them, 3-4 crits will kill a squishy, more for a tank and watch out for the tanks with the thornsmail. This is obviously a very offensive style build. With this build, squishies are gonna be no problem and tanks are going to be..tolerable. At the end of this build you should have, 1 Infinity Edge, 2 Phantom Dancers and 3 Blood Thirsters. Using this build i get near 500 attack which means you should be doing very high crits and should be crit 100% of the time and also have a pretty good attack speed which means own for you and tough luck for your enemy. No need for Frozen Mallet if you have your slow already and can take an enemy in 3-4 hits which would take 2 seconds to do with a 1.5 attack speed.

AndersonConagher

04-25-2011

3 bloodthirsters
No boots.

Come on, man. Trynd NEEDS boots to chase people...and he doesn't need that much lifesteal either, he wants to be at pretty low hitpoints for the criticals. Frozen Mallet is also a permanent LizBuff, in a nutshell. Which is good and happy and yay.

Also, I've decided on a way to rip up my TryndBuild readme.

Play 2 games with build. If good/decent K/D, keep. Otherwise, delete. 3rd game if bad game+good game. Good idea?

YellowPrism

04-25-2011

Your 2 phantom dancers should be enough to chase, plus your slow which is basically automatic death for them. Frozen Mallet is not necessary for chasing at all, if you need to slow them enough so you can attack them consistently then you have weak attack. Tryndamere is suppose to be doing massive damage each attack so if you can't kill someone without slowing them with frozen mallet then you're weak. The whole point of Tryndamere is to have a high crit damage that is what he was made to do, NOT slow them down and wack at them until they die with Frozen Mallet. Another fault to Frozen Mallet is that if you lose attack damage from getting Frozen Mallet there is a possibility that the enemy's ally might be close enough to help him out, you dont want that, you want to wack 3 times and kill the person and get along with your day, NOT endlessly wack at the person and yes that seems like a good idea you should try it and see which builds are better.