Zilean = broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecondAdvent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
this goes for all champions, point im trying to make is he is nearly impossible to kill if you dont stunlock.
Morde > Zil

OmniOblivion

03-03-2010

Cleanse is a good counter against Zilean. Removes his bombs and slows.

Stuns work well too. He can't Chronoshift this way.

Magic Resist is highly recommended since Zilean can deal a significant amount of damage with Bomb.

He is very squishy early game and vulnerable. Harass him.

Pieties

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Buy some magic resist.

Shazu

03-03-2010

I do not think he is broken, he is powerfull and you can counter him.
I do think he could be nerfed a little bit, upgrade is ult cooldown (everytime we kill him he revives) and is passive is a little bit strong with 8% exp for everyone in your team.

about 25 xp for a minion cloe to you getting killed, + 8% is 27 xp, and with a lot of minions killed, that goes very fast. My soraka's passive is weak compared to that (MR + 18 for anyone near me, not over the entire map)

So not boken, yet very strong, and could be nerfed a bit.

LogJammin

03-03-2010

The only nerf needed on Zil is just to lessen the range on his time bombs or increase mana cost on them.

Degini

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogJammin View Post
The only nerf needed on Zil is just to lessen the range on his time bombs or increase mana cost on them.
I agree that this is the ONLY thing wrong with Zilean - the range of his time bomb. If he had to get into caster auto-attack range to plant it, he would be more balanced.

Oh, and yeah, get a negatron cloak and then forget he is even in the game.

Lastly, don't think that you need to rush to your lane to get the very first minion kill of the game. Just wait, see who went to which lane, and then plan your team's lanes accordingly. Brush ganks don't work enough to justify racing to your lane. Play smart.

FeLpZ

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degini View Post
I agree that this is the ONLY thing wrong with Zilean - the range of his time bomb. If he had to get into caster auto-attack range to plant it, he would be more balanced.

Oh, and yeah, get a negatron cloak and then forget he is even in the game.

Lastly, don't think that you need to rush to your lane to get the very first minion kill of the game. Just wait, see who went to which lane, and then plan your team's lanes accordingly. Brush ganks don't work enough to justify racing to your lane. Play smart.
i think ive already said that but nerfing his range would most definitely fix him. he has one of the if not the biggest ranges in the game, and it simply makes him untouchable.

The Promise

03-03-2010

Zil is only good early game because of the power of his bombs when laning. Once you get out of the laning phase his Ult and Snare/Ghost is all he is good for, and the Time Bend or whatever it is called (snare/speed) is not terribly good.

Botina

03-03-2010

**** every single person saying he's fine, UP or shouldn't be touched. **** you. I don't care how he scales late game, but early game, he is just broken. The range of his bombs needs a heavy nerf. I can't think of any champion that makes laning so hopeless other than Blitz, but as OP as Blitz may be, Zilean is far worse because he doesn't even need to try.

Simply put, there is no viable counter to Zilean in a lane, and you can either kill creeps and get nuked to oblivion, or not get a single last hit on a creep.

MR stacking is not viable early game, so your advice is useless. Early game Zilean is currently the most broken thing in the game, and everyone knows this. Nerf this pedophile into the ground.

aRcKuS

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botina View Post
**** every single person saying he's fine, UP or shouldn't be touched. **** you. I don't care how he scales late game, but early game, he is just broken. The range of his bombs needs a heavy nerf. I can't think of any champion that makes laning so hopeless other than Blitz, but as OP as Blitz may be, Zilean is far worse because he doesn't even need to try.

Simply put, there is no viable counter to Zilean in a lane, and you can either kill creeps and get nuked to oblivion, or not get a single last hit on a creep.

MR stacking simply is not viable early game, so your advice is useless. Early game Zilean is currently the most broken thing in the game, and everyone knows this. Nerf this pedophile into the ground.
Soraka / Taric are both viable counters for early game Zilean, switch lanes if you have one and you will be satisfied. Just as well, Nidalee early game can harass Zilean back very easily with her skill shot.....so....there yeah go.