[GUIDE] - Mundo - How did u kill me so fast!??!??!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

03-27-2010

I love this build, don't get me wrong, but i feel it leaves me too squishy. i usually go your starting setup > spirit visage > frozen mallet > phantom dancer. it makes me alot tougher, along the lines of malphite, but still gives mad dps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-27-2010

how are infinity edge and/or bloodthirster on mundo?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimmyD33

Junior Member

03-31-2010

hey, your guide is great!, i can see where your going, not to be intrusive on your 300wins and lvl 30 cuz im still a scrub, but my build for mundo is as follows
1.Berzerker/Merc Treads
for obv, reasons
2.Malady
3.Last Whisper or Wits End
4.Infinity Edge
5.Sword Of Divine
6.Phantom Dancer

This is the build i use and its been workin out pretty good for me, specially when is see a nice 958 crit pop up on the screen. but im jus suggesting not sayin its what goes but thats what i use


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimmyD33

Junior Member

03-31-2010

To: I8C SRS FACE

Then, Stark's Fervor. Anyone that suggests Malady is bad and they should feel bad. Why would you take something that's not even 1000 gold cheaper just so that you can do an extra 2 or 3 or 5 damage an attack when you can boost your ENTIRE TEAM'S fighting capabilities and one that offers greater lifesteal?
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

ok ok, not to rain on you, but i just switched out starks for malady, and it does less dmg over 5 and has less atkspd all it gives is 5% extra lifesteal and reduces armor


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Itches

Junior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD33 View Post
To: I8C SRS FACE

Then, Stark's Fervor. Anyone that suggests Malady is bad and they should feel bad. Why would you take something that's not even 1000 gold cheaper just so that you can do an extra 2 or 3 or 5 damage an attack when you can boost your ENTIRE TEAM'S fighting capabilities and one that offers greater lifesteal?
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

ok ok, not to rain on you, but i just switched out starks for malady, and it does less dmg over 5 and has less atkspd all it gives is 5% extra lifesteal and reduces armor
Reducing armor is a huge damage increase. It also gives attack speed and lifesteal to all your allies around you, which, overall, is a much larger damage increase when you look at your team as a whole than a Malady.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathOver321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

04-05-2010

i Wana say something with ALL respect, mundo is MORE Suitable as a TANK
simply, buying Crit Chance (phantom dancer) still makes ur potential for about 400~450 dmg, and u will die so fast when u do AGONY , so why make him DPS ? i Tried thise build and failed alot many times !
Realy cant see the point of a DPS mundo, why dont u max AGONY first ? and go TANK and see what's more effective ? 100dmg per second is not a joke ! while Crit passed on luck ! and late game u will die so fast from MAGES , u know u cant kill mages with 1~4 hits aa u say .. man u are playing in low ELO right ? i know ,, but thise guide is a FAIL ! mages will go for Rod of ages and will die harder than u die !! just FAIL im with Tank mundo !! never lost with him till now ! he's NOT a DPS !!!!! UR AGONY WILL EAT IN UR HEALTH WHEN U ARE NOT A TANK!! and thx


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMighty0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOver321 View Post
i Wana say something with ALL respect, mundo is MORE Suitable as a TANK
simply, buying Crit Chance (phantom dancer) still makes ur potential for about 400~450 dmg, and u will die so fast when u do AGONY , so why make him DPS ? i Tried thise build and failed alot many times !
Realy cant see the point of a DPS mundo, why dont u max AGONY first ? and go TANK and see what's more effective ? 100dmg per second is not a joke ! while Crit passed on luck ! and late game u will die so fast from MAGES , u know u cant kill mages with 1~4 hits aa u say .. man u are playing in low ELO right ? i know ,, but thise guide is a FAIL ! mages will go for Rod of ages and will die harder than u die !! just FAIL im with Tank mundo !! never lost with him till now ! he's NOT a DPS !!!!! UR AGONY WILL EAT IN UR HEALTH WHEN U ARE NOT A TANK!! and thx
I suppose dps mundo doesn't suit your playstyle. It's not enough to replace your usual itembuild and say "I'm dps mundo now", you gotta play him totally different. If you play DPS you *don't* level agony fast. You put 1 point in the to get out of CC faster, thats it. The dmg from Agony is a nuance compared to your crits + masochism. 2-3 hit kill teemo, ryze, "put another squishie in here" at lvl 5? yes, plz. Thats what you're getting in return for beeing not as tanky. While I agree that this guide makes you extremey squishie ( I myself had huge problems while following it ) I'll pick dps mundo over tank mundo any day. I usually go for a mix. Some HP early on with phage or if everything goes well even a Leviathan and more armor/magic res/hp in lategame. This worked well for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGopherSucks

Senior Member

04-20-2010

Have you tried getting spirit visage before PDs? I find that spirit visage does help with survivability for a cheap price.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fleischer

Senior Member

04-21-2010

I agree with portions of this guide. I see Mundo's largest DPS flaw as his attack speed. I have all attack speed runes, instead of crit runes.

I'm a 9/21/0 build. The mid and lower tier defense tree helps a good deal with DPS duties.

Spirit Visage is a huge item for Mundo. The health regen is a potential lifesaver throughout the game; however, the real trick is the cooldown reduction - more CLEAVERS, more SADISM, MOAR KILLINGS!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theridion

Junior Member

05-08-2010

Might we try perhaps an Infinity Edge? I mean seriously....80 more atk dmg, plus 250% dmg for crits? too good to pass up for my taste. And not to mention the 20% bonus crit chance, which would put u at 80% with the 2 P Dancers. That's without adding in runes and masteries of course. So I suppose with runes and masteries on top of the 2 P Dancers, the Infi Edge might be overkill for crit chance. Just a suggestion though...I havn't used it in a game yet. Although I did use your build, and it's a very nice build, and my team won both games, and I did well in both. The first game I went 8-1 and the 2nd game i went 12-7, but the reason I got that many deaths, is bcuz top fed the enemy Ezreal. I was bottom btw, and me and my lane partner(Nidalee) pwned bottom