[GUIDE] - Mundo - How did u kill me so fast!??!??!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mobek

03-15-2010

great guide you have opened my eyes on playing mundo.

I have a question about survivability for me visage is good when there is AP team. What do u think about leviatan?

Morcheeba

03-21-2010

Is this... a joke thread? It seems so honest. I can't seem to figure it out because this method did not work at all for me. I've always built mundo as more a tankish character and i am able to kill people far more efficiently in tank gear than in this set up. He's just too squishy. In team fights, if I am focused, i'm dead in 3 seconds, flat. 1 on 1 fights are not as bad... but in tank gear the fights are much easier

Sleiph

03-21-2010

Playing mundo as a DPS char in this guide ISN'T supposed to be played like a tank.
The rough guidelines are that it makes you semi immune to CC, allowing you to hunt down the squishies on their team. You're just a carry with a more efficient method of chasing people down.

If tank mundo works better for you, then thats what works for you. Personally, following most of the guide worked well for me, you just have to play like you would a DPS character and not a tank. Bush hopping and ganking like a dps not steam train rolling down the front like a tank would.

Aside from that, Mundo's abilities don't make him get focused as a tank too often in team fights. Most of the time, you could ignore a Tank mundo where a Tank Alistair couldn't really be ignored. Mundo simply doesn't have the CC other than cleaver to make people shout "Kill him first".

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

Good build but not the most efficient gear list.

Check https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=78204 for upgraded version.

Crimson Binome

03-21-2010

i tried it in a game today

Instead i got 2 phantom dancers infinity edge a starks and berk greaves

I destroyed all squishies in ~3 hits cause of the crit it was awesome.

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Binome View Post
i tried it in a game today

Instead i got 2 phantom dancers infinity edge a starks and berk greaves

I destroyed all squishies in ~3 hits cause of the crit it was awesome.
Inf. Edge on Mundo is only good in bad pugs. You benefit more if you had a Last Whisper. Your target market won't only be squishies but also tanks. Basically you murder their whole team indiscriminately.

Gear list:
Mallet, Swiftness/Mercury Boots, Phantom, Stark/Last Whisper (You get both. Just a matter of which comes first). The game should have ended by then. If not, your team is probably losing and your uberskill in carrying with Mundo is the only thing holding the team up.

Regarding the guide, waiting for lvl 6 before killing is just ridiculous. If you've actually played Mundo enough, you should get FB by lvl 2. With the help of your lane partner, you can get FB by lvl 1. This is STANDARD. It is not difficult.

Also, you're saying that an additional 10% movement speed from lvl 2 Sadism is worth less than increasing your Cleaver/Masochism? You must consider that 10% movement speed, when translated to the distance you actually travel with it, is quite a loooooot. It's a matter of killing an enemy or letting him escape or a matter of you escaping successfully or dying in vain. Moreover, the value +10% additional movement speed by Sadism lvl2 even increases even more when you're juking enemies.

Moredot

03-25-2010

just wonderin what kinda runes?

boxxybabee

03-27-2010

Congratz on creating a mediocre PuG build

Now excuse me as i annihilate the countless hordes of bad mundos attempting this rubbish build

Eppa

03-27-2010

The basic "Roku" build is rev bead and pots, boots1, Spirit visage, Mercury Threads, Starks, IE, Double pot for the rest of the game. Im not 100% sure on the order but this makes the most sense and is how i play mundo.

Edit: skill order is one point in q after that r>e>w>q

I8C SRS FACE

03-27-2010

The way I build Mundo and do very well with him:

Doran's Shield + potion to start (if you need more than one potion on Dr. Mundo before level 6, you're bad, and considering his first two items are under 1500 gold, it's best to start with the item that gives you the biggest assets for the longest period of time)

Spirit Visage as your first item, then Boots of Swiftness or Merc Treads.

Then, Stark's Fervor. Anyone that suggests Malady is bad and they should feel bad. Why would you take something that's not even 1000 gold cheaper just so that you can do an extra 2 or 3 or 5 damage an attack when you can boost your ENTIRE TEAM'S fighting capabilities and one that offers greater lifesteal?

Skilling order = Q/E/E/Q/W/R for your first 6 levels. Cleaver is too gimp at level 1 to be useful for anything but at level 2, it's damage is as good as you'll need it for to effectively last hit minions with it and actually be somewhat of a damage threat from range. You want to max Masochism first because it's your bread and butter for all your damage needs. Then, you want to max Burning Agony. Why that over the last 3 ranks of cleaver? Simple answer is that it adds a significant amount of DPS. Don't underestimate that 40 damage a second at level one and that 100 DPS at level 5. It's often the killing blow when I'm attack people or at least a significant factor into why they died. It also helps you get assists, and that = more gold and more experience = faster to 18.

After this, I tend to get survivability items. Even if you're not going tank Mundo, a Sunfire Cape is a lot of fun as it synergies with Burning Agony and hey, who is going to argue with 500 health and 50 armor? I usually do Force of Nature, though, because Burst damage is the only thing that can kill Mundo while he's ulted and it significantly reduces that threat. Plus, it increases run speed which is always helpful on melee DPS.

Summoner skills = Exhaust + Cleanse. You can switch exhaust for ignite but cleanse is a must. It gets rid of ignite which is the biggest threat to Mundo in a teamfight.