[GUIDE] - Mundo - How did u kill me so fast!??!??!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObjectiveTruth

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epistemic View Post
I noticed there was no upgrade from Rejuv Pendant, is there a reason why you don't upgrade it into Spirit Visage?

Also:

Think you're missing a "Target"; as in "Make sure you target a..."
Ah, thanks :-p

SilentJ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

I like your new item break down on the order for components. What would you suggest to get if someone else on your team (sivir for example) is getting starks. So far I've been aiming for a blood thirster but I never finish it. Also, any reason you don't recommend rally? Seems pretty useful for the extra regen and dmg and its worked pretty well for me. With all the cc reduction already and all the benefits I could be getting from having rally it's hard for me to justify cleanse.

EchoRex

03-10-2010

Heh, just read the changed build. Near carbon copy of the start of the original build in my guide. It works admirably, but definitely needs a well coordinated team to reach close to full potential.

If you're going to go with the Crit Stack route, a better choice for Life Steal is to go ahead and go with an Exec Calling, even with the change to the heal reduction it is remarkably cheap for the amount of Crit and Life Steal it provides.

Combined with the PDs, Innate Crit and Crit from Masteries, you're looking at ~80% crit chance range. Where as the Emblem will take an additional 1700 gold to reach a truly beneficial to the build single slot item.

By the way, the Armor Pen/Reduction build that you had originally posted is a bit more team friendly and "completes" earlier, which is good because most games really don't go past the 7-8k earned gold point. That is the one I use now due to the earlier completion and ease of progression in less than full premade matches.

The final build isn't quite as strong except against armor stackers, where it shines, but is relatively easier to progress.

Nanaz

03-10-2010

If you're going to go for 2 phantom dancers, have you considered grabbing 2 zeals initially?

Stat comparison for the 2 zeals vs. Phantom Dancer:

--------------------------PD----------2xZ

Gold Spent:-------3395---------2390

Critical Strike:----30%----------20%

Attack Speed:----45%----------40%

Move Speed:-----12%----------16%

Dodge:---------------20%-----------0%

Imo - Considering the extra 1k gold spent its not worth holding out for over getting an earlier second zeal. The dodge is nice but so is the extra movement speed from a second zeal. This at the very least would be better against a caster heavy team. Also probably would consider Zeal--->Vamp scepter--->Zeal so you don't have to wait for so long before lifesteal.

EchoRex

03-10-2010

Well, depends. Sometimes it is more beneficial to grab the Cloak of Agility and Dagger than take the second Zeal for DPS. And allows more flexibility in item choices later if you need to change your build dependent upon the other team, or your team's for that matter, choices.

Though normally I go with 2 Zeals then convert them because I always take two if going the Crit/AS route.

Nanaz

03-10-2010

Yeah, i'd say its pretty much better even if you have to change the direction of your build. You'd rather end up with 2 zeals then a zeal and a cloak of agility. The cloak and dagger don't turn into much that would want to switch your build to... such as a banshees veil.

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

since burning agony is multiplicative

so how much CC reduction do u get w/ merc + BA?

a3n1ma

03-13-2010

I've been trying your build, and I can actually do pretty well.

Unfortunately, people still complain when I don't start going Tank build. Makes it quite annoying, even when they claim to work under RIOT (tester he said?).

Oh wells. I'll keep doing my thing, and I really like your guide and build. Helps when learning a new champion.

EchoRex

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanaftw View Post
since burning agony is multiplicative

so how much CC reduction do u get w/ merc + BA?
About 66% all said and done.

On a 2sec stun/fear/root for example you will be "controlled" for ~0.7sec with both and for ~1.1sec with just Burning Agony. Not a large difference, or not large enough to merit the additional cost at expense of quicker movement or more anti-carry survivability at the least, against any but the heaviest of CC teams.

laundrymonster

03-14-2010

An interesting build. Very odd, never thought of playing Mundo like Sion.
There are just a few points that need an answer.
I'm assuming that because you're only stacking attack speed you're taking your damage straight from masochism. My question is, do you get enough attacks in to make the short duration of Masochism worthwhile? I mean, it only lasts for a few seconds and relying off of exhaust for a slow, I mean, I can't nail my cleavers every single time, and I've been playing mundo for quite a while. I would think that a frozen mallet would be an excellent choice.

As for your comment about warmgogs, I beg to differ. It's such an amazing item on Mundo. It gives him enough health to spam your moves with minimal cost, and, with your immense health pool gained, sadism will act as a WTF button, making you, not only kill people fast, but also not die.

I will give it a try though, as I do have some downtime for a while. But personally, I do not care for Phantom Dancer on any champion.