[GUIDE] - Mundo - How did u kill me so fast!??!??!!

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnupoG

03-03-2010

Tried this guide 3 times tonight...and I love it!

a3n1ma

03-04-2010

Let me start by saying I really like your guide, and it helped me get started on Mundo. Always wanted to try him, just never knew where to start.

I do really well early game, easy to get a couple kills before level 10, but it's the mid/late game that I eventually run into problems. I can't seem to stay alive in team fights.

Should I be hitting people from afar an picking off people that are low on HP? If you have any recommendations, it'd help a lot.

EchoRex

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarklordJoseph View Post
Also Mundo makes a really good tank, because of his cc reduction and his life regen ult.
Getting frozen mallet, warmogs, Phantom dancer, Spirit visage is a great tank build. Your ult heals for more, and you tank more stuns making your CC reduction better.
No. **** no.

Mundo can take damage really well, but does not have the ability package to be a tank for the team. He cannot initiate and cannot force a fight, which means he relies upon the other team targeting him and staying next to him of their own volition, while having abilities that say "DO NOT CC AND DO NOT TRY TO BURN"

The only way to tank with Mundo, is to make yourself such a threat that the opposing team cannot ignore you, which is not going to happen health stacking.

Emergencia

03-04-2010

To above poster: I don't think he meant the purpose of that build was to tank, I think he meant you can do great damage while also being more tanky with that build.

To OP: I've always used a build similar like this, but I never rushed Phantoms. I just went in a game rushing for Phantoms (after mercs/tabi and Spirit Visage) and it went pretty well. However I still go for Atmas and Frozen Mallet next (which is more or less what the guy at page 2 posted) and it works wonders. A lot of damage while also being far from squishy.

Oh, and +1... your guide is pretty good. I really liked the early Phantoms =)

GG Crono

03-04-2010

Sadism increases the move speed bonus by 10% per level up, not 5%. My inner nitpicker couldn't refrain from pointing this out.

That said, good guide.

DarklordJoseph

The Council

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
Side question, what order do you take these?
Spirit visage > Phantom > Warmogs > Mallet?
or do you go tanky first with Warmogs > Mallet and then finish with Visage and Damage?
Its different everygame, but I try to go
Boots > Warmogs > Phage > spirit visage > frozen mallet

Also forgot to mention his passive is more effective the more life you have.

DarklordJoseph

The Council

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
No. **** no.
Mundo can take damage really well, but does not have the ability package to be a tank for the team. He cannot initiate and cannot force a fight, which means he relies upon the other team targeting him and staying next to him of their own volition, while having abilities that say "DO NOT CC AND DO NOT TRY TO BURN"
The only way to tank with Mundo, is to make yourself such a threat that the opposing team cannot ignore you, which is not going to happen health stacking.
Mundo Cannot CC as well as other tanks, but with his clever doing a ton of damage
every 3 seconds, they are forced to cast all there abilities on you.

Im not saying DPS mundo is bad, because im not. Although he doesnt CC as
well as other tanks, Mundo can take alot more damage and deal alot more
damage then other tanks. And still have the movement speed, and regen to
escape better then other tanks.

He is a very unique character, 3 of his abilities work better when he has higher
Hit points, and 1 ability makes his a good DPS hero.

Ballcoozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

If I play a straight dps Mundo, I end up having a lot of problems staying alive in team fights. I really like the phantom dancer on him. Even when tanking with him you cannot ignore dps, because you have no other way to make enemies target you.

What health/survivability items would you recommend? I know you were hating on warmogs, but it is so good with his ult and passive. I usually find banshee's a bit excessive with burning agony, spirit visage and merc treads.

ObjectiveTruth

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcoozy View Post
If I play a straight dps Mundo, I end up having a lot of problems staying alive in team fights. I really like the phantom dancer on him. Even when tanking with him you cannot ignore dps, because you have no other way to make enemies target you.

What health/survivability items would you recommend? I know you were hating on warmogs, but it is so good with his ult and passive. I usually find banshee's a bit excessive with burning agony, spirit visage and merc treads.
I've been using this extensively and I do agree he has some survivability issues in a team fight but what iv'e found is that you have to play him with the mindset of a melee DPS hero, not a tank.

Imagine you chose yi, or nidalee, or any other melee dps hero. You wouldn't run in head first with your tank which is what i think alot of people are doing with this guide.

You need to sort of either hide in bushes, or make sure you come into the fight in the middle. If you charge headfirst with the tank you will probably die quickly, as you would if you have chosen any other melee DPS hero.

Hope that gives some food for thought.

DarklordJoseph

The Council

03-04-2010

Force of nature, stacks with his passive regen. When tanking its a great item.
But not for DPS mundo

1234567 ... 11